$145.00 – $290.00
Another Lindy Fralin original design. The Lindy Fralin Hum-Cancelling P90 is all pure P90 tone, no hum. We’ve spent a lot of time perfecting this design to give you the truest P90 tone we can get.
HUM CANCELING P90: ALL P90. NO HUM.
We all love the sound of a P-90 Pickup. You can find traditional P90 “Scream” on countless records. Many guitarists rely on a P90 to give them that aggressive, versatile tone. It’s Rock & Roll, Jazz, R&B, Funk, Blues, and Country all rolled into one. The only problem with the P90 is the hum – and we’ve taken care of that problem for you. Our hum cancelling P90 replacements give you all P90 tone, without the hum. Join countless guitarists and discover why our Hum-Cancelling P90 was our best-selling pickup of 2017 and 2018.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design: True P90 Tone, no hum
- Multiple Outputs available for fine-tuning your Pickup’s voice
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Neodymium Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
HUM CANCELLING P90 SOUND:
Fralin Stock Set of Hum Cancelling P90 Replacements are like our regular Fralin P90’s, only thicker, darker, and with no hum. You can expect a thick, darker, round bottom-end, and a rounder, less aggressive top-end, with a clear, fat midrange in-between. Our Hum Cancelling P 90 still has that undeniable thick single-coil tone that you love, only with no hum at all. Single notes have a punchy, compressed sonic footprint and have great sustain. Chords break up nicely with slight compression and excellent note separation.
The Output is almost identical to our Stock P-90’s, and they sound incredibly similar – just a little thicker in the midrange. Fralin hum-canceling P-90 Replacements offer undeniable clarity and definition while remaining strong, fat, thick, and punchy. Need a jazzier tone? We can use Alnico 6 Magnets. Want a cleaner and more Fender sparkle? Check out our Alnico Rod Version.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Hum-Cancelling P90s consist of a precision injection mold and USA-Made Steel Screws. We use aggressive USA-Made Neodymium magnets to make this model scream. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Stock P90? The Hum Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. It’s quicker to break up, and has no hum!
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and clear.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- What’s the String Spacing? 49.5mm.
- I don’t see what I’m looking for? We can do some custom work, for sure. However, we’re not tooled-up for certain things, like Nickel Dogear Covers. Contact us if you’re not seeing something you’re looking for.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Wound with 43 Gauge Single Poly Nylon and uses Bonded Neodymium Magnets. 500K Pots are recommended with this pickup.
- -5% Neck: 15K
- Stock Neck: 15.5K
- +5% Neck, -5% Bridge: 15.9K
- Stock Bridge: 16.7K
- +5% Bridge: 17.7K