Hum-Cancelling P90 – Humbucker
Are you still searching for that noiseless P90 tone that sounds like a real P90? Your search has ended: introducing the Fralin Hum Cancelling P90. With a unique coil design and magnet structure, the Fralin Hum Cancelling P90 provides a versatile, hum-free tone that cleans up and gets dirty, with plenty of articulation and clarity. Read more to find your guitar’s real voice:
Pure P90 Tone, No Hum.
Want to learn more about our Hum-Cancelling P90 - Humbucker? Here's all the information you'll need:
Hum-Cancelling P90 - Humbucker FEATURES:
- Noiseless P90 operation with Gibson® Humbucker Size
- Lindy Fralin Original Design: True P90 Tone, No Hum
- Multiple Outputs available for fine-tuning your Pickup’s voice
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Neodymium Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Adjustable USA-Made Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- Backed by our 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- Risk-Free 30-day exchange policy
The Fralin Hum Cancelling P90 is one of the best-selling models we make, and it’s easy to see why. Genuine P90 tone and dead-quiet performance? What’s not to love?
Whether you play Rock, Jazz, Country, R&B, or Funk, you will undoubtedly stand out in the mix with the pronounced pick attack, crystal-clear lows, and round highs. And the best part? Zero hum, with Humbucker looks! Available in multiple cover options, you can rest assured knowing you can get the Fralin P90 tone in any guitar you have, with the looks you desire.
There are a few ways to cancel out the hum in a pickup. Some manufacturers feature a “stacked” coil design, which we believe leads to a lifeless and dull tone that lacks character. Lindy’s Hum Cancelling P90 features a Side-by-side coil design that is not stacked and attains a more accurate P90 tone that actually sounds like a P90.
Expect a vintage-voiced P90 tone, with a slightly thicker midrange and rounder highs. This pickup will undoubtedly push your amp hard and provide that snarly midrange and top-end “bark” we have come to expect from a P90. Suitable for many music styles, this pickup can scream and clean up nicely for jazz or blues.
Going even further, you can customize your tone by selecting Overwound and Underwound options. By overwinding a pickup, the tone gets thicker, darker, and dirtier. By underwinding a pickup, the pickup gets clearer and more articulate.
Speaking of versatility, are you looking for a jazzier tone? We can use Alnico 6 Magnets to taper the highs even more and offer you a softer sound. Are you searching for a cleaner and more Fender sparkle? Check out our Alnico Rod Version that features Alnico Rods for a Fender-type sparkle.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control.
Hum-Cancelling P90s consists of 100% USA-Made parts, including a precision injection mold, USA-Made Steel Screws, and Neodymium magnets. We use aggressive USA-Made Neodymium magnets to make this model scream. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time, using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique, which gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to prevent microphonics and preserve the pickup for years to come.
Listen to our friend Mike Hermans play our Hum Cancelling P90, only in a soapbar format. Same guts, different looks.
|Neck Ohm Reading (Stock):||15.5K*|
|Bridge Ohm Reading (Stock):||16.8K*|
|Neck Polarity:||Reversible with 2-Conductor Lead|
|Bridge Polarity:||Reversible with 2-Conductor Lead|
|Magnets:||USA-Made Bonded Neodymium|
|Wire:||USA-Made 43-Gauge Single Poly Nylon|
|Bobbin Material:||USA-Made Nylon Injection Mold|
|Recommended Pot Value:||500K|
|Humbucker Leg Depth:||USA-Made Nickel Silver|
|Baseplate & Cover Material:||USA-Made Nickel Silver|
* Due to the unique design of this pickup, ohm readings aren't very helpful. Our Stock Set is close to the Vintage P90 output.
Looking for humbucker wiring codes? You can find them here.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Stock P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. It’s quicker to break up, and has no hum!
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and clear.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- Will this fit in a Humbucker Position? Yes. It’s Gibson humbucker sized.
- What’s the String Spacing? 49.5mm.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Lead Color Codes
See below for our Lead color codes. For help with matching to other manufacturers, check out this resource here.
Gibson Braided Lead:
Hum-Cancelling P90 - Humbucker Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Hum-Cancelling P90 - Humbucker? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible.
If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
thinking about adding some P90 sound to one of my LesPauls. I have a 2016 LP Traditional with a RS Guitar works 50's wiring kit. .015mF cap/neck and .022mF on the bridge. 500 ohm pots all around. I was thinking hum cancelling P90's stock set. I run a Dr Z maz 18 amp and my style is rock/blues with a KOT overdrive/boost. Don't go into distortion land too much. Would appreciate your thoughts. Specifically the capacitor values.
Q thinking about adding some P90 sound to one of my LesPauls. I have a 2016 LP Traditional with a R...... Read moreA
Hey Keith, the Hum Cancelling P90s will certainly fit the bill here. Expect a balanced set that can push your amp when you need to and also clean up nicely. I always recommend 0.02mfd for a capacitor value - it is the most versatile one.
Have Epi SG and want a bright sound out of neck PU. Thinking of hum cancelling P90 ( neck) and pure PAF ( bridge). Could you recommend the match. I like edge of break up sound. Thank you!
Q Have Epi SG and want a bright sound out of neck PU. Thinking of hum cancelling P90 ( neck) and pu...... Read moreA
Hey Glenn, yes - our Stock Hum Cancelling P90 and Stock Pure P.A.F (8K) will match perfectly together and give you a clearer tone out of the Neck!
Your HUM-CANCELLING P90 – HUMBUCKER is listed as Output 8 on your tonal graph. I would love to potential match that with a Pure PAF in the bridge but that’s listed as 6.5. Like most people I think, I want the bridge to be at least as loud as the neck. To get up to output 8 it seems you’d have to go all the way up to your High Output Humbucker which isn’t what I’m looking for. Is this correct? Is the HUM-CANCELLING P90 – HUMBUCKER real...
Q Your HUM-CANCELLING P90 – HUMBUCKER is listed as Output 8 on your tonal graph. I would love to po...... Read moreA
Hey Collin, I would compare the tonal graph specs to their respective categories (P90 and Humbucker). If you went with a Stock Output Hum Cancelling P90 Neck, it would pair perfectly with the Stock Output Pure P.A.F. Bridge (8K). If you wanted to overwind the Bridge to 8.2K, I'd recommend going with a +5% Neck.
Do you have a p90 pickup in a jazz master pickup size ?
Q Do you have a p90 pickup in a jazz master pickup size ?A
Yes, take a look at our Hum-Cancelling Steel-Pole Jazzmaster
Hi, I’m planning to purchase a set of Humbucker-sized, hum-canceling p90 pickups for one of my guitars. I will go with stock output. However, I don’t understand if I should go for 5% more on the bridge pick-up to get the right balance? Best Regards Manuel
Q Hi, I’m planning to purchase a set of Humbucker-sized, hum-canceling p90 pickups for one of my gu...... Read moreA Hey Manuel, as it turns out, the Stock Output is already compensated - no need to go with the +5% Bridge unless you want more output out of the Bridge position.
Can I use this as the bridge pickup in a HSS prewired pickguard?
Q Can I use this as the bridge pickup in a HSS prewired pickguard?A
Yes - please use the "Notes" field on the product options section to request it.
Heads Up! Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site.
Hey! Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.