P90 Tone. Now Humbucker Sized.
We all love the sound of a P-90 Pickup. You can find traditional P90 “Scream” on countless records. Many guitarists rely on a P90 to give them that aggressive, versatile tone. It’s Rock & Roll, Jazz, R&B, Funk, Blues, and Country all rolled into one. The only problem with the P90 is the hum – and we’ve taken care of that problem for you. Our hum-canceling P-90 Replacements give you all P90 tone, without the hum. Join countless guitarists and discover why our Hum-Cancelling P90 was our best-selling pickup of 2017 and 2018.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design: True P90 Tone, no hum
- Multiple Outputs available for fine-tuning your Pickup’s voice
- Nickel Silver Baseplates and Covers for little to no effect on tone
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Neodymium Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Due to supplier issues, we are discontinuing Jet Black Nickel covers until further notice. We’ll keep you updated when black comes back!
Our Hum-Cancelling P-90s for Humbucker-equipped guitars are like our regular Fralin P-90’s, only thicker, darker, and with no hum. You can expect a thick, darker, round bottom-end, and a rounder, less aggressive top-end, with a clear, snarly midrange in-between. Our Hum-Canceling P-90 still has that undeniable thick Single-Coil tone that you love, only with no hum at all. Single notes have a punchy, compressed sonic footprint and have great sustain. Chords break up nicely with slight compression and excellent note separation. The Output is almost identical to our Stock P-90’s, and they sound incredibly similar – just a little thicker in the midrange. These pickups offer undeniable clarity and definition while remaining strong, fat, thick, and punchy. Need a jazzier tone? We can use Alnico 6 Magnets. Want a cleaner and more Fender sparkle? Check out our Alnico Rod Version.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Stock P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. It’s quicker to break up, and has no hum!
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and clear.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has it’s respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-Style instrument.
- Will this fit in a Humbucker Position? Yes. It’s Gibson humbucker sized.
- What’s the String Spacing? 49.5mm.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. Ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!