Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Customize and upgrade your Telecaster, instantly with the Lindy Fralin Telecaster Control Plate. With over 150 combinations available, you can select your options, and we’ll wire it up just how you like it. Installation involves soldering a few wires into place. As always, we only use the finest-quality USA-Made parts we can find.
Our Wiring Skills, Your Personality.
Want to learn more about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate FEATURES:
Our Pre-Wired Telecaster Control Plate is designed by you and built by us. Chrome and Aged Chrome Prewired Control Plates come loaded with the highest quality materials available – from CRL® Switches to CTS® Pots. Of course, all our parts are made in the USA and are assembled and wired by hand in Richmond, VA.
Look & Feel
We offer Chrome Telecaster Control Plates and Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates. Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates all have a unique patina to them to make them look slightly reliced and older. Due to the aging process, each Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plate is unique, and no two are alike.
We can wire up your Tele Control Plate a couple of different ways: Normal Orientation and Flipped Orientation.
- Normal Orientation: With a Normal Orientation Telecaster Control Plate, your switch is closest to the headstock.
- Flipped Orientation: With a Flipped Orientation, the Control Plate orients with the Switch closest to the Output Jack, and the Volume Pot closest to the headstock. This is great for those who love to utilize volume swells.
We can wire up your switch a couple of different ways – here are your options:
- 3-Way CRL: This will give you normal Telecaster functionality – Bridge Only / Bridge – Neck / Neck Only.
- 5-Way CRL: This is perfect for Nashville Telecasters, with three pickups.
Choose 250K Pots if you have single-coil Telecaster pickups or pickups that are brighter. 250K pots will make darker sounding pickups too dark and muddy.
Choose 500K Pots if you have Humbuckers, P-90’s, or other dark-sounding pickups. 500K pots will make single-coil Telecaster pickups sound too shrill.
Tone Cap Value:
Read up on our Tone Caps here.
- .02 mfd sounds excellent on most Fender guitars and will give you a medium roll-off in tone.
- .05 mfd will offer a much deeper and darker roll-off than .02.
- Magic Cap: This is a low capacitance cap (.0015 mfd) and only works on the Bridge Pickup only. The effect is extremely subtle – not like a regular cap. It tends to make treble strings sound slightly fatter.
We can add some cool push-pull modifications to your control plate to shape your unique sound. For an explanation of the Bright Switch, click here.
The 2-Tone Cap Modification allows you to have two-tone caps on your guitar at the same time. If you want this, please let us know in the “Order Notes” field on the checkout screen which cap you want when pushed down, and what cap you want when pulled up.
- Can you wire it up without the Chrome Plate? As it turns out, No. If this matters to you, you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your Control Plate. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid control plate holding everything together.
- Can I return my Control Plate? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all Telecaster Control Plate sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Please use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
Installation is easy, and only takes a few steps. Check out our in-depth Telecaster Control Plate Installation Guide Below:
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible.
If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
Can you please do the elred mod so I can simply solder my pickup and jack in to make my tele a esquire?
Q Can you please do the elred mod so I can simply solder my pickup and jack in to make my tele a es...... Read moreThere are no answers for this question yet.
Hello, I have a no hum p90 humbucker I am planning on putting on my tele at the neck position, then buying the Split Steel Tele for the bridge. In the descriptions, you recommend 500k pots for the no hum P90 Humbucker and 250k pots for the Split Steel Tele bridge. How should I order the prewired control plate? Thank you
Q Hello, I have a no hum p90 humbucker I am planning on putting on my tele at the neck position, th...... Read moreA
Hey Anthony, all we need to do is use 500K pots and use a 500K resistor on the Bridge position, like this wiring diagram here. Just use the "Notes" field on the checkout screen to request it, and we'll take care of it at no additional cost!
I'm looking for a pre-wired controls for a Telecaster. I'm putting a P90 in the neck and a standard tele single coil in the bridge. Which product would you suggest? Should I use the 300k pots for the mix of pickups? I found the wiring diagram you have but not anything regarding the pots/contols.
Q I'm looking for a pre-wired controls for a Telecaster. I'm putting a P90 in the neck and a standa...... Read moreA
Hey Jerald, I would suggest going with 500K pots and use the "notes" field to request a resistor so the "bridge pickup sees 250K". We'll do that at no extra charge.
Can I get you to wire a push-pull pot to reverse phase polarity?
Q Can I get you to wire a push-pull pot to reverse phase polarity?A
Yes. Please select any Push Pull option, and use the "notes" field on the checkout screen to request.
Hi, What tone cap is standard on your Telecaster prewired control plate? I have a 2016 USA American Standard and I'd like to keep the stock sound. I just had an Emerson 4- way put in and I hate the sound. Unbalanced, strange out of phase tones and lost the sparkle on the neck pickup. Unfortunately I tossed the stock Fender harness so I don't know what Fender used. I just want my original tones back and with standard 3-way switch. It has Fender Pu...
Q Hi, What tone cap is standard on your Telecaster prewired control plate? I have a 2016 USA Americ...... Read moreA
Hey Jeff, we offer a wide array of tone cap options, but our standard is the 0.02mfd cap. We have two types here: a Ceramic Disk (no upcharge) and a Film & Oil ($10 upcharge). The film and oil cap has a little tighter tolerance and is made in the USA.
I'm local in Richmond can I come and pick up a new Telecaster switch plate and pick ups.
Q I'm local in Richmond can I come and pick up a new Telecaster switch plate and pick ups.A Hey Robert, yes - simply choose "Local Pickup" for your shipping method, and we'll call you when everything is ready!
Heads Up! Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site.
Hey! Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.
NOTES ON FINISH:
- Aged Control Plates are aged by hand and feature slight defects and a raw look. We cannot guarantee that the plate you receive will look like our photos - they are all unique.
- We cannot guarantee finish matching of the plate and knobs perfectly. Because of this, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the finish matching of our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.