Fralin Split Blades: Innovation Meets Serious Tone.
Split Blade Stratocaster Pickups: The revolutionary design in single-coil sound, without the hum. This pickup is built with a 2-coil design using steel blades for the pole piece. Unlike most humbucking pickups, Split Blades are designed with a left and right coil design, offering a truer and more balanced single-coil tone. You can expect a traditional single-coil tone from Split Blades, except with a bit more fatness and warmth. Split Blades are perfect for those who love the tone of their guitar, but want to rid themselves of the noise.
Lindy Fralin Split Blade Pickups are unique: they offer a single-coil sound, with no hum, whatsoever. You can expect fantastic warm, full-bodied tone with incredible string articulation and enhanced detail. Low strings sound clear and articulate, while the plain strings sound thicker than a single coil, but still sparkle. Also, adjusting the pickup on the Bass and Treble ends really allows the player to fine-tune the pickup to his or her needs. Split Blade Pickups will not pull the strings out of tune – even if they get close to the strings. When playing with distortion, Split Blade Pickups sound thick and dynamically rich. Chords have a nice compression on them while single note lines have a much larger sonic footprint. Split Blades sound thicker than our Vintage Hots out of the box in our Vintage output option.
- Single-Coil tone, with no Hum
- Fantastic string articulation, dynamics, and enhanced detail
- Cloth leads for easy installation (installs like a regular Strat pickup)
- Overlapping pole pieces for even volume across all strings: even went bent
Choosing The Output:
- Vintage Output offers a thicker, darker sound than our Vintage Hot pickups, while still offering bright wound strings. The Vintage Output works well with 250K pots. This is Lindy’s favorite version of Split Blades.
- The Blues Output is 5% stronger than the Vintage output, and offers 5% more bass and mids, and 5% less treble. The Blues Output works well with 500K pots.
- The High Output is 5% Stronger than the Blues Output. We use a stronger magnet in this pickup which makes it brighter. the High Output model sounds great with 250K pots.
- Super High Output is 10% stronger than the Blues Output. The Super High Output Split Blades work well with 500K pots. These models work best with regular Humbuckers, in a HSS or HSH configuration.
Choosing The Radius:
These pickups are designed to work with the curvature (radius) of your neck. Be sure to have your radius measurement ready before ordering. Most vintage-style guitars are using the Round radius. Modern guitars are usually using a Medium radius. Guitars with a very flat fingerboard work best with the Flat radius. Consult your local luthier or manufacturer website if you’re unsure about your guitar’s radius.
- Round Radius (7.25″ – 9″)
- Medium Radius (9.5″ – 11″)
- Flat Radius (12″ +)
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want! We don’t charge for custom work in most cases – just give us a call if you need anything specific.