Split Blade® Strat
$110.00 – $330.00
Split Blade Strat Pickups: a Lindy Fralin original! Designed as a fully noise-cancelling replacement for Strat-style pickups with all the high-end clarity you expect from a traditional single coil. As always, Lindy Fralin Guitar Pickups will give you the most clarity, articulation, and string definition you can get – period.
Innovation Meets Serious Tone.
Split Blade Stratocaster Pickups: The revolutionary design in single-coil sound, without the hum. This pickup is built with a 2-coil design using steel blades for the pole piece. Unlike most humbucking pickups, Split Blades are designed with a left and right coil design, offering a truer and more balanced single-coil tone. You can expect a traditional single-coil tone from Split Blades, except with a bit more fatness and warmth. Split Blades are perfect for those who love the tone of their guitar, but want to rid themselves of the noise.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Split Blades consist of a precision injection mold and USA-Made Steel Blades. We use a variety of USA-Made magnets to make this model loud and efficient. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design
- An interesting and unique look
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- USA-made Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Three Blade heights available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Lindy Fralin Split Blade Pickups are unique: they offer a single-coil sound, with no hum, whatsoever. You can expect a fantastic warm, full-bodied tone with incredible string articulation and enhanced detail. Low strings sound clear and articulate, while the plain strings sound thicker than a single-coil, but still sparkle. Also, adjusting the pickup on the Bass and Treble ends really allows the player to fine-tune the pickup to his or her needs.
Split Blade Pickups will not pull the strings out of tune – even if they get close to the strings. When playing with distortion, Split Blade Pickups sound thick and dynamically rich. Chords have a nice compression on them while single note lines have a much larger sonic footprint. Split Blades sound thicker than our Vintage Hots out of the box in our Vintage output option.
- What Output do I choose? Good question. Vintage and High Output models sound best with 250K pots. Blues and Super High Output models sound best with 500K pots. Basically, if you have the right pot installed, Vintage and Blues outputs will sound the clearest and most “Fender-y”. Their higher-output counterparts will sound thicker and break up quicker.
- What Radius do I need?
- Round Radius: (7.25″-9″)
- Medium Radius: (9.5″-11″)
- Flat Radius: (12+” or Compound Radius)
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Strat pickup? The tone is very similar! Whenever you have two coils in series like a Split Blade, you’re going to lose a bit of that Fender “sparkle”, but we believe these are the closest you can get to the real thing.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Split Blades like to be closer to the strings than a normal Strat Pickup. Check out this video here.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
- 43 Gauge SPN wire
- Ceramic magnets
- USA-Made precision injection mold
- Nickel Silver baseplate
Split Blades read a lot lower than most pickups due to them being so efficient. Don’t go by ohm readings – they won’t give you any accurate information.
Our Split Blades will “Meter Down”. They will match most everything that we make. If buying a single, request a “3-Wire”, where we separate the ground from the coil, allowing you to reverse the coil if need be.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!