ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC PICKUPS, NOW ON STEROIDS.
We all love the sound of a screaming P90 Pickup. It’s been used on countless records and countless guitarists rely on it to give them that aggressive tone they’re after. It’s Rock & Roll, Jazz, R&B, Funk, Blues, and Country all rolled into one. At Fralin Pickups, our P90’s are given a healthy dose of USA-Made Parts and wound by hand, one at a time to deliver what you love most: amazing, unforgettable tone. Our stock set has a Stock Bridge and a -10% Neck. This calibrates the set to have the same output. If you would like to customize this option, please see below for a more detailed description.
Original Gibson Size
Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
USA-made Alnico 4 Magnets for aggressive tone and output
Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
RW/RP Neck pickup for hum-cancelling on middle position
Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Hum-Cancelling P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. It’s quicker to break up, and has no hum. Our Stock P90 will have a bit more “glassiness” to it and a slightly softer, more vintage tone.
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and clear.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has it’s respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-Style instrument.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- Can you do F-Spaced P90’s? As it turns out, we can not. Sorry!
- What Pots should I choose? 500K, all day.
- I don’t see what I’m looking for? We can do some custom work, for sure. However, we’re not tooled-up for certain things, like Nickel Dogear Covers. Contact us if you’re not seeing something you’re looking for.
- How far away do the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. Ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
We only have Black and Cream Soapbar Covers in 52mm Spacing. We cannot provide White, Raw Nickel, or Polished Nickel Covers in 52mm Spacing.