Discover what you’ve been missing with the Fralin P90: a vintage-voiced P90 known for its versatility, clarity, and snarly midrange. With clear lows, thick mids, and percussive highs, we guarantee that the Fralin P90 will inspire you, no matter what guitar or music style you play. As with all Fralin Pickups, you can take pride in knowing we designed, built, and assembled your P90 in Virginia using 100% USA-Made parts.
The Ultimate Vintage P90 Replacement Pickup.
Want to learn more about our P90? Here's all the information you'll need:
- Original Gibson Size – Soapbar and Dogear models available
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Alnico 4 Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- RW/RP Neck pickup for hum-canceling on the middle position
- Adjustable USA-Made Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built and hand-wound for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- Risk-free 30-Day Exchange Policy
Don’t you love the sound of a screaming P90 Pickup? What’s not to love? Easily one of the most unique and versatile pickup designs out there, the Fralin P90 pushes the limit by using 100% USA-Made parts and a tone that will make your jaw drop.
Whether you play Rock, Jazz, Country, R&B, or Funk, you will undoubtedly stand out in the mix with the pronounced pick attack and crystal-clear lows. Available in a Soapbar, Dogear, and Humbucker, you can rest assured knowing you can get the Fralin P90 tone, in any guitar you have.
Get excited – Fralin P90s covers an impressive, broad tonal spectrum.
Featuring a clear neck and an overwound bridge, our P90s have that undeniable thick Single-Coil tone with a distinct wound string, and percussive treble string. The midrange is full, thick, and warm – perfect for adding depth to your guitar.
Are you looking for the traditional Fender-type sparkle? You won’t find that here. The Fralin P90 is all Gibson! For that, we recommend checking out our Hum Cancelling Alnico Rod model. We also have a Hum Cancelling version of this pickup available.
Whether playing clean or dirty, we guarantee the “3-dimensional depth” that the Fralin P90 provides will inspire you for years to come. Single notes are punchy and clear without sounding tinny, and chords break up with a tight compression that’s guaranteed to push your amp.
And with a hand-wound scatter-wound coil, your pickup is as unique as you are – each coil features a subtly unique voice that will undoubtedly inspire you. Experience what you’ve been missing and give your guitar the P90 voice it was meant to have with the Fralin P90.
|Neck Ohm Reading:||7.2K|
|Bridge Ohm Reading:||8.2K|
|Neck Polarity:||Counter Clockwise Coil Direction, North to Strings|
|Bridge Polarity:||Clockwise Coil Direction, South to Strings|
|Wire:||USA-Made 42-Gauge Plain Enamel|
|Magnet:||USA-Made Alnico 4 Bar Magnets|
|Recommended Pot Value:||500K|
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Hum-Cancelling P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. It’s quicker to break up and has no hum. Our Stock P90 will have a bit more “glassiness” to it and a slightly softer, more vintage tone.
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and clear.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- Can you do F-Spaced P90’s? As it turns out, we can not. Sorry!
- What Pots should I choose? 500K, all day.
- I don’t see what I’m looking for? We can do some custom work, for sure. However, we’re not tooled-up for certain things, like Nickel Dogear Covers. Contact us if you’re not seeing something you’re looking for.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
We only have Black and Cream Soapbar Covers in 52mm Spacing. We cannot provide White, Raw Nickel, or Polished Nickel Covers in 52mm Spacing.
Lead Color Codes
See below for our Lead color codes. For help with matching to other manufacturers, check out this resource here.
Gibson Braided Lead:
P90 Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our P90? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.