Hum-Cancelling P90 With Alnico Rods
$159.00 – $318.00
The Alnico Rod Hum-Cancelling P90 is a brighter, more “Fender-like” sounding version of our best-selling Hum Cancelling P90. It has more top-end sparkle and a cleaner tone with enhanced articulation. Furthermore, it still retains a loud and beefy midrange. As always, this pickup has no hum!
P90 Looks, Fender® Sparkle.
Want to learn more about our Hum-Cancelling P90 With Alnico Rods? Here's all the information you'll need:
Hum-Cancelling P90 With Alnico Rods FEATURES:
- Alnico Rods for a Fender-type sparkle
- Soapbar / Dogear construction
- Hum-free design for completely noiseless operation
- 49.5mm Standard Spacing, with an option for 52mm Bridges (Black & Cream Soapbar only)
- Wound with USA-Made 42 Gauge SPN Wire
- Backed by our 10 Year Warranty against manufacturing defects
- Wax Potted to prevent microphonics and corrosion
- 30-day Risk-Free exchange policy
The Hum-Cancelling P90 with Alnico Rods is the perfect pickup for those looking for a cleaner, more articulate P90 pickup. It has an airiness and sparkle not found with adjustable pole pieces. Also, It’s great for those looking to balance a dark guitar. You’ll find that this pickup stays clean, while still having a fat, beefy midrange and thickness commonly found with P90 pickups.
Even though we are calling this pickup a P90, it’s not quite a P90. P90s are known for a snarly midrange and a stiffer top end. The Alnico Noiseless P90 is softer, cleaner, and has that ‘sparkle’ that you’re familiar with! This pickup is available in all our Soapbar and Dogear versions.
The Alnico Noiseless P-90 will sound like a regular P90, but with a familiar Fender sparkle on the top-end. Clean and articulate when playing without distortion. You’ll find that the nuances of your playing will come out as this pickup “breathes” more than it’s compressed P90 counterpart. With distortion, you’ll find a smooth, late breakup with a familiar Fender Strat-type tone. Expect a clear pick attack and a warmer midrange.
This midrange of this pickup is pronounced as well. You’ll find that the Alnico Noiseless P90 will still sound fat and beefy!
Are you looking for more of a traditional P90 tone? You won’t find that here. This model features a more “Fender” quality to it. If you’re looking for a traditional P90 tone, check out our P90 and Hum Cancelling P90!
Take a listen to our friend Mike Hermans use our Alnico Noiseless P90 in the neck position of his Tele:
Check out the comparison between a regular Hum Cancelling P90 and the Alnico Rod P90:
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Hum-Cancelling P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. This pickup will sound not as much like a P90, more like a Fender pickup.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- What Pot Value do you recommend with this pickup? We recommend 500K pots, but 250K will work well if you want a darker, jazzier tone.
- What’s the String Spacing? 49.5mm (Standard), And we can make a 52mm Bridge as well.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
The Alnico Noiseless P-90 uses Single Poly Nylon wire and USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets.
The Stock Set of Alnico Noiseless P-90 reads 8.8K in the Neck and 10K in the Bridge. The outputs are compensated and all sets have matched volume.
Lead Color Codes
See below for our Lead color codes. For help with matching to other manufacturers, check out this resource here.
Gibson Braided Lead:
Hum-Cancelling P90 With Alnico Rods Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Hum-Cancelling P90 With Alnico Rods? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.