PURE 50’S TONE, MODERNIZED.
The Lindy Fralin Pure P.A.F. humbucker is Lindy’s favorite humbucker we make. Based on the specifications of the original 50’s Gibson® P.A.F. pickups, the Pure P.A.F. humbucker is clean, articulate, and clear. This pickup will give you a vintage, clean tone that’s more articulate than most modern humbuckers. The Pure P.A.F has a lower output, which is more dynamic and expressive than higher output pickups. Lindy’s passion for the sound of vintage 50’s humbuckers led us down the road to design and create the Pure P.A.F., our most authentic-sounding humbucker.
Clean, clear, and articulate. The Pure P.A.F. will stay clean as it won’t break up as early as modern humbuckers, and you’ll find that it’s loud, while still remaining clear. Built with AlNicCo II and 42-gauge plain enamel wire, the Pure P.A.F. pickup is a gateway to vintage tone, instantly. When playing clean, you’ll find that this pickup sings what you put into it: it’s extremely dynamic, clear, and warm. With distortion, you’ll find that the grind is nice and smooth, with a pronounced pick attack and pure-sounding plain strings and bright wound strings.
- Built to the same specs as the 50’s: Workmanship, Parts, Sound
- Clear, Clean, Articulate
- Late, smooth breakup
- Bright wound strings, pure-sounding plain strings
- Made by hand, one at a time.
Wound with 42-gauge plain enamel wire, and built with AlNiCo II magnets. Built to the 50’s specs: from the Butyrate bobbins, down to the baseplates and screws. Options include a Zebra, Black, or Double White (50 & 52mm only). We can wind the Neck from 7.5K – 7.8K, and the bridge from 8K-8.4K. The most popular set is a 7.8K Neck and 8.2K Bridge.
Choosing the Spacing:
- 49.2mm: Choose this for Gibson Standard Spacing
- 50mm: Fender Neck Spacing
- 52mm: Fender Bridge Spacing
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements (Coil tapping, Phase Reverse or Series / Parallel).
- 3-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping or Phase Reverse needs.
- 4-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping, Phase Reverse, Series or Parallel needs.
Choosing Color and Cover options:
The Pure P.A.F. is available in either No Cover or Covered options. See below for the following:
- Double White (50-52mm Only)
- Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Raw Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Black ($12 Ea)
- Gold ($15 Ea)
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want! Anything customized is a final sale and non-returnable.