THE FRALIN HUM-CANCELLING P-90®. NOISELESS, FEARLESS.
We all love the sound of a screaming P-90 Pickup. It’s been used on countless records and countless guitarists rely on it to give them that aggressive tone they’re after. It’s Rock & Roll, Jazz, R&B, Funk, Blues, and Country all rolled into one. At Fralin Pickups, our Hum-Cancelling P-90 Replacements are given a healthy dose of USA-Made Parts and wound by hand, and given a second coil to deliver the tone you love, with no hum.
- Adjustable Pole Pieces for Fine-Tuning Single String Balance
- Neodymium Bar Magnets for a Smooth Tone
- Lindy Fralin 2-Coil Design For Noiseless Performance
- Wound with 43-Gauge Wire to specification
- USA-Made Magnets and Wire.
Fralin Stock Set of Hum-Cancelling P-90 Replacements are like our regular Fralin P-90’s, only thicker, darker, and with no hum. You can expect a thick, darker, round bottom-end, and a rounder, less aggressive top-end, with a clear, fat midrange in-between. Our Hum-Cancelling P-90’s still have that undeniable thick Single-Coil tone that you love, only with no hum at all. Single notes have a punchy, thick sonic footprint and have great sustain. Chords break up nicely with a slight compression and great note separation. The Output is almost identical to our Stock P-90’s, and they sound extremely similar – just a little thicker in the midrange. Fralin Hum-Cancelling P-90 Replacements offer undeniable clarity and definition while remaining strong, fat, thick, and punchy.
For a darker, softer tone, we can use Alnico 6 Magnets.
For a brighter, more fender tone, we can make this product with Alnico 5 Rods. Listen to this product here.
Choosing the pickup:
We have a few output options:
Our Stock Set is a Stock bridge and -10% Neck. This is our most popular set. To customize this:
- Each additional 5% added (+5%) will give you 5% more mids, and 5% less highs. It’s thicker, with more output. Higher output pickups have more compression and are beefier sounding
- Each 5% subtracted (-5%) will clean up the pickup nicely, giving it a clearer, more open sound. This will add 5% more highs and take away some midrange for a nice “scooped” sound. Lower output pickups have more articulation and are generally more dynamic than higher output pickups.
- We customize our pickups from our Stock Set. If you choose (-5%) on the NECK position, you will be getting a -15% Neck.
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements, or if buying a set.
- 2-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Phase Reverse (?) needs. Choose this lead if buying one pickup.
CHOOSING COLOR AND COVER INFORMATION:
The Fralin Hum-Cancelling P-90 requires a cover. We offer this pickup in the standard Soapbar and Dogear versions. We have the following options available currently:
Soapbar Cover Options:
- Polished Nickel ($10)
- Raw Nickel ($10)
Dogear (?) Cover Options:
- Black (Short Dogear Only)
We only have Black and Cream Soapbar Covers in 52mm Spacing. We cannot provide White, Raw Nickel, or Polished Nickel Covers in 52mm Spacing.
Our Hum-Cancelling P-90’s are wound with 43-Gauge Single Poly Nylon wire and are a purely continuous coil on our Stock Spacing Set. Uses Bonded Neodymium magnets. Hum-Cancelling P-90’s sound best with 500K pots.
Approximate Ohm readings:
- -5% Neck: 15K
- Stock Neck: 15.5K
- +5% Neck / -5% Bridge: 15.9K
- Stock Bridge: 16.7K
- +5% Bridge: 17.7K
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want!