Are you still searching for that noiseless P90 tone that sounds like a real P90? Your search has ended: introducing the Fralin Hum Cancelling P90. With a unique coil design and magnet structure, the Fralin Hum Cancelling P90 provides a versatile, hum-free tone that cleans up and gets dirty, with plenty of articulation and clarity. Read more to find your guitar’s real voice:
All P90, No Hum.
Want to learn more about our Hum-Cancelling P90? Here's all the information you'll need:
Hum-Cancelling P90 FEATURES:
- Lindy Fralin Original Design: True P90 Tone, No Hum
- Multiple Outputs available for fine-tuning your Pickup’s voice
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Neodymium Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Adjustable USA-Made Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- Backed by our 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- Risk-Free 30-day exchange policy
The Fralin Hum Cancelling P90 is one of the best-selling models we make, and it’s easy to see why. Genuine P90 tone and dead-quiet performance? What’s not to love?
Whether you play Rock, Jazz, Country, R&B, or Funk, you will undoubtedly stand out in the mix with the pronounced pick attack, crystal-clear lows, and round highs. And the best part? Zero hum. Available in a Soapbar, Dogear, and Humbucker, you can rest assured knowing you can get the Fralin P90 tone in any guitar you have.
There are a few ways to cancel out the hum in a pickup. Some manufacturers feature a “stacked” coil design, which we believe leads to a lifeless and dull tone that lacks character. Lindy’s Hum Cancelling P90 features a Side-by-side coil design that is not stacked and attains a more accurate P90 tone that actually sounds like a P90.
Expect a vintage-voiced P90 tone, with a slightly thicker midrange and rounder highs. This pickup will undoubtedly push your amp hard and provide that snarly midrange and top-end “bark” we have come to expect from a P90. Suitable for many music styles, this pickup can scream and clean up nicely for jazz or blues.
Going even further, you can customize your tone by selecting Overwound and Underwound options. By overwinding a pickup, the tone gets thicker, darker, and dirtier. By underwinding a pickup, the pickup gets clearer and more articulate.
Speaking of versatility, are you looking for a jazzier tone? We can use Alnico 6 Magnets to taper the highs even more and offer you a softer sound. Are you searching for a cleaner and more Fender sparkle? Check out our Alnico Rod Version that features Alnico Rods for a Fender-type sparkle.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control.
Hum-Cancelling P90s consists of 100% USA-Made parts, including a precision injection mold, USA-Made Steel Screws, and Neodymium magnets. We use aggressive USA-Made Neodymium magnets to make this model scream. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time, using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique, which gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to prevent microphonics and preserve the pickup for years to come.
Listen to our friend Mike Hermans play our Hum Cancelling P90, only in a soapbar format.
The phase of this pickup is reversible with 2-Conductor With Shield lead.
|Neck Ohm Reading (Stock):||15.5K*|
|Bridge Ohm Reading (Stock):||16.8K*|
|Neck Polarity:||Reversible with 2-Conductor Lead|
|Bridge Polarity:||Reversible with 2-Conductor Lead|
|Magnet:||USA-Made Bonded Neodymium|
|Wire:||USA-Made 43 Gauge Single Poly Nylon|
|Bobbin Material:||USA-Made Nylon Injection Mold|
|Recommended Pot Value:||500K|
* Due to the unique design of this pickup, ohm readings aren't very helpful. Our Stock Set is close to the Vintage P90 output.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Stock P90? The Hum Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. It’s quicker to break up, and has no hum!
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and clear.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- What’s the String Spacing? 49.5mm.
- I don’t see what I’m looking for? We can do some custom work, for sure. However, we’re not tooled-up for certain things, like Nickel Dogear Covers. Contact us if you’re not seeing something you’re looking for.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Lead Color Codes
See below for our Lead color codes. For help with matching to other manufacturers, check out this resource here.
Gibson Braided Lead:
Hum-Cancelling P90 Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Hum-Cancelling P90? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.