Split Blade Strat
$125.00 – $375.00
Split Blade Strat Pickups: a Lindy Fralin original! Designed as a fully noise-cancelling replacement for Strat-style pickups with all the high-end clarity you expect from a traditional single coil. As always, Lindy Fralin Guitar Pickups will give you the most clarity, articulation, and string definition you can get – period.
All Strat, No Hum.
Want to learn more about our Split Blade Strat? Here's all the information you'll need:
Split Blade Strat FEATURES:
- A Lindy Fralin Original Design!
- An interesting and unique look
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- Traditional Fender tone, with no noise
- USA-made Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Three Blade heights available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Are you searching for an authentic Fender Strat sound, but hate hum? We have the solution for you: Split Blade Stratocaster Pickups – The revolutionary design in single-coil sound, without the annoying 60-cycle hum. We’ve built this pickup with a 2-coil design using steel blades for the pole piece. Unlike most humbucking pickups, Split Blades are designed with a left and right coil design, offering a more accurate and more balanced single-coil tone. You can expect a traditional single-coil tone from Split Blades, except with more fatness and warmth. Split Blades are perfect for those who love their guitar’s tone, but want to rid themselves of the noise.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Split Blades consist of a precision injection mold and USA-Made Steel Blades. We use a variety of USA-Made magnets to make this model loud and efficient. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
Lindy Fralin Split Blade Pickups are unique: they offer a single-coil sound, with no hum, whatsoever. You can expect a fantastic warm, full-bodied tone with incredible string articulation and enhanced detail. Low strings sound clear and articulate, while the plain strings sound thicker than a single-coil, but still sparkle. Also, adjusting the pickup on the Bass and Treble ends allows the player to fine-tune the pickup to their needs.
Split Blade Pickups will not pull strings out of tune – even if they get close. When playing with distortion, Split Blade Pickups sound thick and dynamically creamy. Chords have excellent compression, and single notes have a much broader sonic footprint. Split Blades sound thicker than our Vintage Hots in our Vintage output option.
Since we have a few different outputs for Split Blade, we've grouped them by their recommended Pot Value:
|Vintage Output Ohm Readings:||4.7K Neck / 4.7K Middle / 5K Bridge*|
|Vintage Output Recommended Pot Value:||250K or 300K|
|High Output Ohm Readings:||5.3K Neck / 5.3K Middle / 6.7K Bridge*|
|High Output Recommended Pot Value:||250K or 300K|
|Blues Output Ohm Readings:||5K Neck / 5K Middle / 5.8K Bridge*|
|Blues Output Recommended Pot Value:||500K|
|Super High Output Ohm Readings:||7.2 Neck / 7.2K Middle / 9.5K Bridge*|
|Super High Output Recommended Pot Value:||500K|
|Wire:||USA-Made 42 / 43 Gauge Single Poly Nylon, Depending On Model|
|Polarity:||Hum Cancelling, Request 3 Wire If Buying Single|
* Due to the unique design of this pickup, ohm readings aren't very helpful. Our Vintage Output is close to the a Vintage Strat Pickup output.
- What Output do I choose? Good question
- Vintage and High Output models sound best with 250K or 300K pots.
- Blues and Super High Output models sound best with 500K pots. If you have the right pot installed, Vintage and Blues outputs will sound the clearest and most “Fender-y.” Their higher-output counterparts will sound thicker and break up quicker.
- What Radius do I need?
- Round Radius: (7.25″-9″)
- Medium Radius: (9.5″-11″)
- Flat Radius: (12+” or Compound Radius)
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Strat pickup? The tone is very similar! Whenever you have two coils in series like a Split Blade, you’re going to lose a bit of that Fender “sparkle,” but we believe these are the closest you can get to the real thing.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Split Blades like to be closer to the strings than a traditional Strat pickup. Check out this video here.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Split Blade Strat Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Split Blade Strat? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
GET IT PREWIRED:
Get our Split Blade Strat prewired into a Prewired Pickguard!:
Trying to leave a review for our Split Blade Strat? Leave one here.