Split Steel Pole Strat
Instantly transform your Strat into a P90 powerhouse with Lindy Fralin’s Split Steel Pole Strat Bridge. Featuring a high-output coil design and an aggressive magnet structure, this is as close to the famous P90 tone as we can get on a Strat, with no hum! Don’t be afraid to get dirty – experience the expertly-crafted blend of P90 and Strat pickups, and discover what you’ve been missing. Available in a Bridge Position only.
Noiseless P90 Tone For A Strat Bridge.
Want to learn more about our Split Steel Pole Strat? Here's all the information you'll need:
Split Steel Pole Strat FEATURES:
- Unique two-coil design for 100% noiseless operation
- Adjustable USA-Made Steel Pole Pieces for a blend of P90 tone, and fine-tuning string balance
- Fender Size, Original Lindy Fralin Design
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Ceramic Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- Backed by our 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Transform your wimpy Strat Bridge pickup into something that will inspire you for years to come with Lindy Fralin’s Split Steel Pole Strat Bridge. This noiseless Strat Bridge replacement features steel pole pieces, like our Steel Pole 42 and 43, but its unique design eliminates hum entirely.
Our Split Steel Pole Strat Bridge pickup features an aggressive and snarly midrange and attack, making it a brighter pickup with a little more “grit.” Whether you play clean or dirty, we guarantee the unique tone of this pickup will inspire you.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. This Split Steel Pole Pickup consists of a precision injection mold that is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding. We use USA-Made Steel Screws and aggressive USA-Made magnets to make this model scream.
Futrhermore, we wind each pickup by hand, one at a time, using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to prevent microphonics and preserve the pickup for years to come.
How does it sound? Powerful! The emphasized midrange on our Split Steel Pole Strat Bridge makes this pickup a perfect companion in your bridge position. You can expect a full and rich midrange, with plenty of clarity and brightness, sounding perfect on 250K pots. You can also expect a more potent attack and a stiffer treble tone than traditional Strat pickups.
It does not have traditional Fender “Sparkle”; instead, it is more in-line with a P-90. Being a lower-output pickup, it’s cleaner and more articulate than our Hum-Cancelling P-90s, but this pickup will still push your amp hard and break up easily! Whether you have an overly bright guitar, need more output, hate the hum, or are just looking for something different, the Split Steel Pole Strat Bridge will inspire you.
- Why is this pickup only offered in a Bridge Position? Bending on the G string will cause a drop in volume on the Neck and Middle, but not the Bridge. It makes it a perfect aggressive pickup for the bridge position.
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Strat pickup? Because of the Ceramic, the Steel Pole pickups have a harder and more aggressive treble than the softer, more sparkly treble of a normal Strat pickup with Alnico magnets. The Ceramic will cause this pickup to sound slightly more aggressive in the midrange and will be darker.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret. You can adjust the stagger from there with the pole pieces.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
|Stock Ohm Reading:||9.5K*|
|-5% Ohm Reading:||9K*|
|Wire:||USA-Made 43-Gauge Single Poly Nylon|
|Pole Pieces:||USA-Made Steel Screws|
|Polarity:||Hum Cancelling, Use 3 Wires for Phase Matching|
|Recommended Pot Value:||250K**|
* Due to the unique design of this pickup, Ohm readings are not useful when comparing to different models | **Experiment with different pot values for a different tone
Split Steel Pole Strat Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Split Steel Pole Strat? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
GET IT PREWIRED:
Get our Split Steel Pole Strat prewired into a Prewired Pickguard!: