Aggressive. Beefy. Hum-Free.
Our brand-new Split Steel Poled Strat Bridge is a hum-cancelling Strat Bridge replacement. It features steel pole pieces, like our Steel Pole 42 and 43, but without the hum. This pickup has an aggressive and beefy midrange, and a nice attack, making it a nice bright pickup with a little more “grit”.
The midrange is emphasized, making it a perfect companion in your bridge position. Full and rich-sounding, this pickup still has a lot of clarity and brightness, sounding perfect on 250K pots. This pickup has more attack than most Strat pickups, with a “harder” top-end. It does not have traditional Fender “Sparke”, instead, is more in-line with a P-90. However, it’s a lot cleaner and more articulate than our Hum-Cancelling P-90s. This pickup will still push your amp hard and break up easy! Take a listen here:
- Noiseless, Fat And Full Strat Bridge Tone
- Huge P-90 Midrange and Thickness
- Direct Replacement For Strat Bridge
- Adjustable Steel Pole Pieces
- Why is this pickup only offered in a Bridge Position? Bending on the G string will cause a drop in volume on the Neck and Middle, but not the Bridge. It makes it a perfect aggressive pickup for the bridge position.
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Strat pickup? Because of the Ceramic, the Steel Pole pickups have a harder and more aggressive treble than the softer, more sparkly treble of a normal Strat pickup with Alnico magnets. The Ceramic will cause this pickup to sound slightly more aggressive in the midrange, and will be darker.
- How far away do the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. Ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret. You can adjust the stagger from there with the pole pieces.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!