P-90 AGGRESSION WITH SINGLE COIL BITE.
Steel Pole 42 Pickups is the perfect blend of a P90 and a Strat Pickup. If you’re looking for a thick, warm, and beefier sound, you will love the sound this model could provide. Steel Pole Pieces and Ceramic Magnets give this pickup a harder top-end. The midrange is also beefier than High Outputs, making it ideal for a Bridge Position. Distortion will yield a faster break up and a chainsaw grind.
- P-90/Single Coil Hybrid sound, in a Single Coil Position
- Huge mid-range tone with a Ceramic bite. This equals more growl and aggression
- Adjustable pole pieces so you can fine tune string balance and stagger
- Features a Ceramic Bar Magnet
- The pickups come with your choice of White, Black, Yellow (Aged White), or Green covers.
Steel Pole 42’s sound large and rich, especially in the lows and highs when played clean. The midrange is prominent on this pickup, and it sounds great on 250K pots. These pickups are not as dark as a P90, but have a beautiful openness and clarity. Steel Pole 42’s sound thicker in the midrange with more of a “chainsaw” grind. For musicians looking for more of a traditional P-90 sound, we recommend our Steel Pole 43 Pickups.
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Strat pickup? Because of the Ceramic, the Steel Pole pickups have a harder and more aggressive treble than the softer, more sparkly treble of a normal Strat pickup with Alnico magnets. The Ceramic will cause this pickup to sound slightly more aggressive in the midrange, and will be darker.
- How far away do the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. Ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret. You can adjust the stagger from there with the pole pieces.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!