Steel Pole 42 Strat
$100.00 – $300.00
Fralin Steel Pole 42 Strat Pickups: 50% Single Coil, 50% P90 Tone. Adjustable steel pole pieces give these pickups some of the character of a P-90 for a big, round Strat tone. These pickups sound big, bold, and mean!
STEEL POLE 42: P-90 AGGRESSION. SINGLE COIL BITE.
Steel Pole 42 Pickups is the perfect blend of a P90 and a Strat Pickup. If you’re looking for a thick, warm, and beefier sound, you will love the sound this model could provide. Steel Pole Pieces and Ceramic Magnets give this pickup a harder top-end. The midrange is also beefier than High Outputs, making it ideal for a Bridge Position. Distortion will yield a faster break up and a chainsaw grind.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Steel Pole Pickups consist of a precision injection mold and USA-Made Steel Screws. We use aggressive USA-Made magnets to make this model scream. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
STEEL POLE 42 FEATURES:
- Original Fender Size, Lindy Fralin Design
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Ceramic Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- RW/RP Middle pickup for hum-canceling on positions 2 & 4
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
STEEL POLE 42 SOUND:
Steel Pole 42’s sound larger and richer than traditional Strat pickups. You’ll notice more midrange, especially in the lows and highs when played clean. The midrange is prominent on this pickup, and it sounds great on 250K pots. These pickups are not as dark as a P90, but have a beautiful openness and clarity. Steel Pole 42’s sound thicker in the midrange with more of a “chainsaw” grind. For musicians looking for more of a traditional P-90 sound, we recommend our Steel Pole 43 Pickups.
Finally, Steel Pole 42 Pickups are for those who need more output from their stock pickups. If you’re looking for something different, these may be right for you. Also, if your current pickups are too bright or thin, you will love these. These tend to be warmer-sounding, and a bit aggressive.
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Strat pickup? Because of the Ceramic, the Steel Pole pickups have a harder and more aggressive treble than the softer, more sparkly treble of a normal Strat pickup with Alnico magnets. The Ceramic will cause this pickup to sound slightly more aggressive in the midrange and will be darker.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret. You can adjust the stagger from there with the pole pieces.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
- 42 Gauge Single Poly Nylon wire
- Ceramic Magnets
- 250K Pots Recommended.
Steel Pole 42s will read approximately 6K in the Neck and Middle, and 6.8K in the Bridge.