High Output Strat
$95.00 – $285.00
Fralin High Output Strat Replacements: a stronger single coil tone. It has 10% more wire than the Vintage Hot set. If you’re combining Single Coils and Humbuckers, this is your set: it’s strong enough to play nicely with Humbuckers. This set is darker and thicker than our Blues Special Strat pickups, and will give you more crunch. They are also great to help balance out an overly bright guitar.
HIGH OUTPUTS: STRONG AND DARK
High Output Single Coil Pickups are for players that use the Hum-Single-Single or Hum-Single-Hum variation on their guitars. Our High Output Pickups are thick, strong, and dark. If you have a bright sounding guitar, you will love the sound of High Output Single Coil pickups. High Output Pickups are perfect for any musician trying to balance the tonal aspects and the output of a humbucker with their single coils. High Outputs are wound with 5% more coil than Blues Specials, which means 5% more output than our Blues Special pickups. 5% more coil also means more mid-range and less treble than our Blues Special Pickups.
- Modified Fender specifications for boldest tone
- Loudest and highest-output Strat replacement we make
- RW/RP Middle Pickup for Hum-Cancelling in positions 2 & 4
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
High Output Pickups sound very thick and dark when playing clean. The feature a massive midrange and darker and smoother highs. Additionally, High Output Single Coils have a nice compressed, beefy sound. The tone is thick and fat while having a light compression and thick with a low-end growl and a medium attack. Expect 10% less highs and 10% more mids and power than a vintage-sounding pickup. Our High Output Strat Pickups will break up a lot quicker than lower output replacements. Chords sound crunchy and thick, and single notes sound fat and rich.
It all starts here: Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. These High Output Strat Pickups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup, and prevent microphonics.
- What Magnet Stagger Do I Use? This all depends on your fingerboard radius. If you have a 7.25? – 10? Radius, we recommend going with Stock Stagger. If you have a flatter or compound radius, go with the Hybrid stagger.
- What’s the difference between High Outputs and Steel Pole 42s? High Outputs will sound more like a normal strat pickup on 500K pots. They might be too dark on 250K pots. Steel Pole pickups have a slightly stiffer treble than the High Outputs. The High Outputs will breathe a little more because of the Alnico.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
- 43-Gauge SPN Wire
- USA-Made Alnico V Magnets
- 250K Pots or 500K pots are recommended, depending on what style of music and how bright you want your pickups to be.
High Outputs will read approximately 9.1K in the Neck and Middle, and 10.2K in the Bridge.
We do not offer installation help or guidance, but we do have easy-to-follow, beautiful Wiring Diagrams! Click below:
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!