Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard
Transform your HSS Stratocaster into the powerhouse of your dreams with our HSS Prewired Split Blade Strat Pickguard. Instantly achieve world-class Fralin tone and discover what you’ve been missing. Expertly crafted using the highest-quality materials possible, we guarantee that our HSS Prewired Strat Pickguard will inspire you for years to come.
Jump to Sound Clips and Product Info:
Fully prewired and assembled and includes a set of Knobs, a Matching Switch Tip, and Mounting Hardware.
Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard INFO:
Want to learn more about our Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard FEATURES:
What’s the difference between this pickguard and our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard? Split Blades! Experience the ultimate in 100% noise-free operation with our Prewired HSS Split Blade Strat Pickguard. At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound your best. With our Prewired HSS Split Blade Pickguard, you can rest assured that you will have the best-sounding pickups available, with the highest-quality parts on the market. And the best part? You get to design it. We guarantee that the unique tone and look will continue to empower you to sound your best.
- Designed by you, expertly crafted by us: the ultimate “Build Your Own” Stratocaster Pickguard
- USA-Made pickups & electronics for superior quality and tone
- Incredibly easy to install – only 3 wires to connect
- Hand-wired with USA-Made vintage cloth lead for a traditional look
- Fully customize your appearance, tone, and wiring for a truly personalized HSS Strat Pickguard
- Hand-assembled signed and dated by our pickguard craftsman
- Backed by our 10-year warranty on materials and craftsmanship
Sound & Look
With our pickguards, you can choose different combinations to personalize your tone. From traditional to unique, we have many options available. HSS Strat Pickguards can sound a bit daunting, as getting Single Coils and Humbuckers to play nicely can be tricky. Rest assured, our Split Blades solve that problem! We have four Split Blades outputs, and each output sounds great on either 250K, 300K, or 500K pots.
- Vintage and High Output Split Blades sound great on 300K pots. They are a great match with a Sunbucker, Big Single 42, a or Sunbucker Blues in the Bridge.
- Blues Split Blades sound clean and clear on 500K pots, making them ideal for pairing with Humbuckers. For instance, choosing a Blues output Neck and Middle will be a great pairing with a Pure PAF or Modern PAF Bridge.
- Super High Output Split Blades are the fattest, loudest Split Blade model. These will sound great with a Modern PAF or the High Output Humbucker.
Customize your pickguard’s wiring by selecting between two powerful wiring options. Select between Fralin Pickups Wiring and Standard Stratocaster® Wiring.
Fralin Pickups Wiring features an intuitive layout: a Master Volume, Master Tone, and a Blender Pot. The Blender Pot delivers incredible versatility by allowing you to combine the Neck and Bridge, for Telecaster-type tones, and more. Fralin Pickups wiring is Lindy’s favorite way to wire a Stratocaster.
Standard Stratocaster Wiring delivers a classic take on the Strat – a Master Volume, Neck & Middle Tone, and a separate Bridge Tone. This wiring allows you to select multiple cap values for a bit more tone versatility.
Custom Requests can be made using the “notes” field.
We have a ton of add-ons available for your pickguard. Want to coil-split your bridge pickup? How about our Volume Kit? Need new pickguard screws? Just let us know!
Complete your look with a matching backplate for your Strat. We have matching backplates for all of our pickguard colors.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world!
- How long will my Pickguard take? Since we’re building it from scratch, give us about 7-10 days to put it together. We will always try to get it out beforehand.
- Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? As it turns out, No. Purchase a pickguard, and pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your own pickguard. It’s too time consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid pickguard.
- Can I return my Pickguard? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all pickguard sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What output should I choose? For simplicity, we recommend the Stock Output. However, you can always request something different. Let us know in the notes field.
- What Pots should I use? Unless choosing a Sunbucker as a Bridge Pickup, go with 500K pots. For your Split Blades, try to choose between the Blues and Super High Output Split Blades.
- What if I don’t see exactly what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests.
- What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It might not be noticeable with Humbuckers.
- What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all 3 pickups on with a Blender Pot.
- Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have metal shielding that connects the metal parts together. That way, we don’t need to use jumper wires.
Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible. If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
I'm interested in buying a pre-wired HSS pick guard with a Modern PAF. I'm asking which middle and neck single coils would you suggest? I own a tele with your Blues Special Pickups and while I adore the guitar, I'm not sure these hot pickups would blend with a PAF well. Any thoughts would be appreciated. My builder, Kevin, is looking to get started so I need to make a decision. Thanks Mike
Q I'm interested in buying a pre-wired HSS pick guard with a Modern PAF. I'm asking which middle an...... Read moreA Hey Mike, you can order the High Outputs and we'll use a 500K volume pot on the whole guitar. It will balance really well and you'll have a thicker, warmer single coil tone in the Neck and Middle.
Note:Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site
Hey!Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.
7 Genuine Reviews for Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard
Add a review
Leave a review for our Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard
NOTES ON COLOR:
- Please note that while we strive to provide the most accurate color representation possible, different computer monitors, manufacturer dye lots, and other circumstances may prevent the color from matching perfectly.
- Since we cannot guarantee color matching, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the color matching of our Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.
STAY IN TOUCH
Recently while looking for my next guitar to buy, Ifound myself in a funny possition. I WANTED A NEW ULTRA LUXE BY FENDER. But I wanted it in Ash and I really wanted a hardtail. But I wanted it in a Hss. But the only Hss, ultra luxe, came with a Floyd Rose bridge. I don’t use a wammy bar. So I went with the 3 single coils. Noisless. With the S1 switch,ash body and maple neck. And It’s an awsome guitar. But still not a Hss. So I decided to have a Hss loaded pickgaurd made. I decided to put the new fralin loaded pickgaurd on my American Professional Fender strat. So I ordered a Hss from Lindy Fralin. I had a pure paf 8.2 k put in the bridge . And 2 Single coil blues specials in the neck and middle possitions. A coil splitter for the humbucker and a bright switch in the top tone knob.also had a 0.047 mfd Film & oil cap/ tone cap. And Installed a mojo tone input jack in guitar as well. I ordered on oct 27 and it came in approx 4 weeks later. It took maybe 45 minuts to install. I decided to wait A bit on review. I’d play my ultraluxe a bit, my Tex special 2000 fender and my lindy. Listening to them all. The ultra luxe is Fenders latest and greatest thing out. And Tex special a awsome sounding top shelf guitar. As was my american professional with original vmod pickups. They are all exellent sounding guitars. And the fralin pickups sound every bit as good as the ultra luxe. The blues specials have a warm smoothness to them. I was at a loss I couldnt call one better then the other when I set everything at the same levels. The fralins are top notch right along with my ultra luxe. And I finally have my Hss strat and the Hss is excellent. Splitter works like a charm and I couldn’t be happier with the smooth warm sound coming out of my strat. Thank you Mr. Lindy for an awsome good quality set up. I doubt I’ll use the bright switch but who knows I might get bored and want a change. The fralins cost a bit extra but they are top notch. I am very satisfied with my purchase. Perhaps its time to be satisfied and just play all these guitars I have. Or not. Maybe just one more…
Simply the best set of pickups I have ever purchased! Many thanks ???
The wiring itself was beautiful which made installation a breeze. Most importantly, the pickups sound amazing and are incredibly versatile!
These things sound fantastic. Very clean/articulate tight sound. The customer service to help transfer to a new pickguard was unreal. Great company!
The Tone Coaches Win Again?
This is my second set up pick-ups from Lindy Fralin. Years ago I tried a set of vintage strat pups and they’re the best.
I emailed the Tone Team at LF exactly what I was looking for based on what I was playing. I wanted an HSS to get the best of noiseless strat and ’59 Humbucker in the same set. I wanted similar volume outputs to represent each of the tonal needs. I got exactly what I needed. There’s so much flexibility in this setup. In addition to great tone, the sustain on the Humbucker goes for days. The pre-wired solution made the install easy peasy, and I liked the fact that it was wired upright.
In addition to delivering a great product. The communication response was timely and pro level. Including the order follow up and notifications.
Thanks, Team Fralin!
Why did i wait so long
The H-S-S config I got is just incredible, I put it in my 97′ Fender Strat plus. This Strat new came with lace sensors which I replaced soon after with some Fender Vintage noiseless pups….now those pups were nice but over the years I went to a Dimarzio HS 2 in the neck and an HS 3 bridge, middle was a Seymour Duncan Vintage Rail….and that set up was OK but it was missing something. Previously I bought the Fralin split blades for my Warmoth Tele and I really like them, so I made the move to get the Split Blades for my Strat, but I wanted the move to be worth it from what I was replacing…..So i went all out and got the PAF dual humbucker in the bridge with two split blades in neck and middle. I also got a master Tone and a blender pot…..and Wow! what a difference it made on this 9.5lb Strat…..it was worth the move! I got it prewired and i’m glad I did, their work is really clean……Nice job guys!
If you want the best you go to the best!
This is the 3rd or 4th set of p/u’s I have purchased from Lindy. They always sound great. I have purchased this one already wired and the workmanship is outstanding. I had purchased early the tele 4 way switch and controls which was excellent also.