Customizable Prewired HSS Strat Split Blade Pickguard
$420.00 – $440.00
Our Pre-Wired Strat Pickguards are the perfect product for anyone who wants the Fralin Tone, instantly. We use the finest materials available: from CTS® Pots, USA-Made Pickguards, and CRL® Switches. With a few short steps with a soldering iron, you can be rocking out with a new look, and the best tone you can find, instantly.
HSS Pickguards. The Fralin Way.
At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound better. The Fralin Prewired Pickguard offers the best tone and highest quality available. We use our world-famous pickups with the best ingredients we can get. Furthermore, you can customize your pickguard exactly how you want it! With this Prewired Pickguard, you can have the famous Fralin tone and ease of mind. All you need to do is solder a few wires, screw it in, string it up, and you’re off rocking! Here’s how to get it going:
CHOOSE YOUR PICKGUARD
We use the finest quality pickguards available, only from Allparts®. These are USA-Made standard 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards. We have them available in the following colors:
- White – 3 Ply
- Black – 3 Ply
- Parchment (aged white) – 3 Ply
- Mint Green – 3 Ply
- Tortoiseshell – 4 Ply
- White Pearloid – 4 Ply
- Parchment Pearloid – 4-Ply
CHOOSE YOUR PICKUPS
With our pickguards, you can choose different combinations to personalize your tone. From traditional to unique, we have many options available. HSS guitars are usually difficult to get right the first time. With our Split Blades, you can match outputs and tone easier than ever.
- Vintage and High Output Split Blades sound great on 250K pots. They are a great match with a Sunbucker or Sunbucker Blues in the Bridge.
- Blues Split Blades sound clean and clear on 500K pots. This makes them ideal for pairing with Humbuckers. For instance, choosing a Blues output Neck and Middle will be a great pairing with a Pure P.A.F. or Modern P.A.F. Bridge.
- Super High Output Split Blades are the fattest, loudest Split Blade model. These will sound great with a Modern P.A.F. or the High Output Humbucker.
CHOOSE YOUR KNOB AND COVER COLOR
We have White, Parchment (Aged White), Mint Green, and Black covers and Knobs available. Note: we only have plastic knobs available. If you choose Solid Shaft Pots (for metal knobs) please understand that metal knobs are customer-provided, and we will ship your order without plastic knobs.
CHOOSE YOUR Wiring
With our Prewired Pickguard, you can customize your wiring as well. There a lot of options, but we’ve tried to distill it down to the most popular combinations. You can choose between a Master Tone and Blender, or Separate Neck, Middle, and Bridge Tone Controls.
CHOOSE YOUR ADD-ONS
We have a ton of add-ons available for your pickguard. Want to coil tap your bridge pickup? How about our Volume Kit? Need new pickguard screws? Just let us know!
A note on Coil Tapping: We can coil tap your bridge pickup for you. The location of the Push-Pull Pot will be in the Volume Pot Position. We will include a Partial Tap Resistor if we deem it necessary. The Slug Coil will be sent to ground (Tapped) when you pull up.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world!
- How long will my Pickguard take? Since we’re building it from scratch, give us about 7-10 days to put it together. We will always try to get it out beforehand.
- Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? As it turns out, No. Purchase a pickguard, and pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your own pickguard. It’s too time consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid pickguard.
- Can I return my Pickguard? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all pickguard sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What output should I choose? For simplicity, we recommend the Stock Output. However, you can always request something different. Let us know in the notes field.
- What Pots should I use? Unless choosing a Sunbucker as a Bridge Pickup, go with 500K pots. For your Split Blades, try to choose between the Blues and Super High Output Split Blades.
- What if I don’t see exactly what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests.
- What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It might not be noticeable with Humbuckers.
- What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all 3 pickups on with a Blender Pot.
- Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have metal shielding that connects the metal parts together. That way, we don’t need to use jumper wires.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!