SNAPPY, BRIGHT, AND SPANKY Guitar Pickups.
The Lindy Fralin Sunbucker® guitar pickup is very snappy, bright sounding humbucker with a Single Coil vibe. Based on Lindy’s original design, the Sunbucker humbucker is clean, very articulate, and clear. You can expect a spanky, snappy clean tone that’s very articulate unlike most modern humbuckers, while offering a lot of Single Coil tone. The Sunbucker has a medium output, which is very dynamic and expressive. Lindy created this pickup to help balance out very dark sounding guitars, or for those who want a bright, snappy tone with no hum.
- 75% Single Coil tone, 25% Humbucker
- Clear, Clean, Articulate sounding Guitar Pickups
- Late, smooth breakup
- Bright wound strings, pure-sounding plain strings
- Made by hand, one at a time.
Very bright, clear, and articulate. Sunbucker Electric Guitar Pickups will stay clean as it won’t break up as early as modern humbuckers, and you’ll find that it’s spanky and plucky. Built with AlNicCo V and 42-gauge plain enamel wire, this guitar pickup is a great solution to a dark-sounding humbucker in the Neck position, or for those who are chasing after a single coil tone with no hum. When playing clean, you’ll find that this guitar pickup sounds very much like a single coil: it’s extremely dynamic, clear, and snappy. With distortion, you’ll find that the smooth and late, with a pronounced pick attack and pure-sounding plain strings and bright wound strings.
Wound with 42-gauge plain enamel wire, and built with AlNiCo V magnets. Built by modifying the 50’s specs. We magnetize one coil and leave the other non-magnetized. This gives us no hum, with a single-coil tone. Options include a Zebra, Black, or Double White (50 & 52mm only).
CHOOSING THE SPACING:
- 49.2mm: Choose this for Gibson Standard Spacing
- 50mm: Fender Neck Spacing
- 52mm: Fender Bridge Spacing
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements (Coil tapping, Phase Reverse or Series / Parallel). Use this on most Gibson Applications. Do not use this lead on Fender applications.
- 3-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping or Phase Reverse needs. Use this lead on Fender Applications.
- 4-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping, Phase Reverse, Series or Parallel needs.
CHOOSING COLOR AND COVER OPTIONS:
The Sunbucker is available in either No Cover or Covered options. See below for the following:
- Double White (50-52mm Only)
- Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Raw Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Black ($12 Ea)
- Gold ($16 Ea)
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want! Anything customized is a final sale and non-returnable.