HSS Pickguards. The Fralin Way.
At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound better. With our Fralin Prewired HSS Pickguards, you can rest assured that you will have the best sounding pickups available, with the highest-quality parts on the market. You can customize your pickguard exactly how you want it, and we’ll make it to your specifications.
The ultimate “Build Your Own” Stratocaster Pickguard
USA-Made pickups & electronics for superior quality
Hand-wired with USA-Made vintage cloth lead for a traditional look
Fully customizable – from appearance to function
Features a variety of Push-Pull mods for a personalized tone
Hand-assembled signed and dated by our pickguard craftsman
10-year warranty on materials and craftsmanship
Choosing Your Pickups:
With our pickguards, you can choose any combination of pickups you would like.
A significant amount of thought is required when choosing pickups for an HSS Prewired Pickguard. Humbuckers and Single Coil pickups are two different pickup designs and require different pot values to work nicely together. For more reading on this, check out our article on this subject here: How to Mix Single Coils and Humbuckers
Here are some helpful questions to ask yourself:
- Which position do I use the most? Neck or Bridge? You can start there to determine your tone.
- What do I want out of each position? Clean Neck sounds? Dirty Bridge sounds? Vice Versa?
Here are some popular combinations:
- Blues Special Neck & Middle, Pure P.A.F. Bridge
- Vintage Hot Neck & Middle, Pure P.A.F. Bridge
- Vintage Hot Neck & Middle, Big Single 42 Bridge
CHOOSE YOUR PICKGUARD:
We use the highest-quality pickguards available, only from Allparts®. These are USA-Made standard 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards. We have them available in the following styles and colors for HSS (note):
- White – 3 Ply
- Parchment (aged white) – 3 Ply
- Black – 3-Ply
- White Pearloid – 4 Ply
- Parchment Pearloid – 4-Ply
CHOOSE YOUR KNOB AND COVER COLOR:
We have White, Parchment (Aged White), Mint Green, and Black covers and Knobs available. Note: we only have plastic knobs available.
CHOOSE YOUR Wiring:
Most prewired pickguards are going to have a Master Volume, Neck & Middle Tone, and a Bridge Tone. You can customize this by adding a Blender Pot in Tone 2 or a Push-Pull Pot to split the Bridge Pickup. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, type what you would like the “notes” field on the checkout screen.
CHOOSE YOUR ADD-ONS:
We have a ton of add-ons available for your pickguard. Want to coil split your bridge pickup? How about our Volume Kit? Need new pickguard screws? Just let us know!
A note on Coil Tapping: We can coil tap your bridge pickup for you. Location of the Push Pull Pot will be in the Tone Pot 1 Position. We will include a Partial Tap Resistor if we deem it necessary The Slug Coil will be sent to ground (Tapped) when you pull up.
Complete your look with a matching backplate for your Strat. We have matching backplates for all of our pickguard colors.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world!
- How long will my Pickguard take? Since we’re building it from scratch, give us about 7-10 days to put it together. We will always try to get it out beforehand.
- Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? As it turns out, No. You can purchase an inexpensive pickguard, and you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your pickguard. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid pickguard holding everything together.
- Can I return my Pickguard? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all pickguard sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What output should I choose? For simplicity, we’re keeping out outputs the stock outputs, but you can always request something different. Let us know in the notes field.
- What Pots should I use? Most of the time, 250K Split Shaft pots will work best for guitars with single coil pickups and plastic knobs. If you have metal knobs at home, go with Solid Shaft Pots.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
- What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It doesn’t roll off highs as much as it seems to boost the mids. This works well on the bridge pickup only.
- What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all three pickups on with a Blender Pot.
- Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have a metal shielding that connects all of the metal parts; thus we don’t need to use jumper wires.