Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard
Transform your HSS Stratocaster into the powerhouse of your dreams with our HSS Prewired Strat Pickguard. Instantly achieve world-class Fralin tone and discover what you’ve been missing. Expertly crafted using the highest-quality materials possible, we guarantee that our HSS Prewired Strat Pickguard will inspire you for years to come.
Jump to Sound Clips and Product Info:
Fully prewired and assembled and includes a set of Knobs, a Matching Switch Tip, and Mounting Hardware.
Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard INFO:
Want to learn more about our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard FEATURES:
At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound your best. With our Prewired HSS Pickguard, you can rest assured that you will have the best-sounding pickups available, with the highest-quality parts on the market. And the best part? You get to design it. We guarantee that the unique tone and look will continue to empower you to sound your best.
- Designed by you, expertly crafted by us: the ultimate “Build Your Own” Stratocaster Pickguard
- USA-Made pickups & electronics for superior quality and tone
- Hand-wired with USA-Made vintage cloth lead for a traditional look
- Fully customize your appearance, tone, and wiring for a truly personalized HSS Strat Pickguard
- Hand-assembled signed and dated by our pickguard craftsman
- Backed by our 10-year warranty on materials and craftsmanship
Sound & Look
You get to design your Prewired HSS Pickguard to your liking, from the ground up. Choose your desired pickups, pickguard look, and wiring. Are you confused about any of the options? Contact Us, and we’ll walk you through it. To help you get started, here are some popular combinations that are guaranteed to sound amazing:
- Blues Special Neck & Middle, Pure PAF Bridge
- Vintage Hot Neck & Middle, Pure PAF Bridge
- Vintage Hot Neck & Middle, Big Single 42 Bridge
- Steel Pole 42 Neck & Middle, Pure PAF Bridge
- Steel Pole 43 Neck & Middle, Modern PAF Bridge
HSS Strat Pickguards can sound a bit daunting, as getting Single Coils and Humbuckers to play nicely can be tricky. Rest assured, we’ll help you craft your dream pickguard and work some magic behind the scenes to ensure all positions are inspiring.
CHOOSE YOUR PICKGUARD:
Our USA-Made Pickguards are some of the best in the industry and will fit most Strats*. These are USA-Made standard 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards. We have them available in the following styles and colors for HSS:
*Be sure to check your Stratocaster to make sure how many mounting holes you have
CHOOSE YOUR KNOB AND COVER COLOR:
We have White, Parchment (Aged White), Mint Green, and Black covers and Knobs available. Note: we only have plastic knobs available.
We have a ton of add-ons available for your pickguard. Want to coil-split your bridge pickup? How about our Volume Kit? Need new pickguard screws? Just let us know!
Complete your look with a matching backplate for your Strat. We have matching backplates for all of our pickguard colors.
Customize your pickguard’s wiring by selecting between two powerful wiring options. Select between Fralin Pickups Wiring and Standard Stratocaster® Wiring.
Fralin Pickups Wiring features an intuitive layout: a Master Volume, Master Tone, and a Blender Pot. The Blender Pot delivers incredible versatility by allowing you to combine the Neck and Bridge, for Telecaster-type tones, and more. Fralin Pickups wiring is Lindy’s favorite way to wire a Stratocaster.
Standard Stratocaster Wiring delivers a classic take on the Strat – a Master Volume, Neck & Middle Tone, and a separate Bridge Tone. This wiring allows you to select multiple cap values for a bit more tone versatility.
Custom Requests can be made using the “notes” field.
- How long will my Pickguard take? Since we’re building it from scratch, give us about 7-10 days to put it together. We will always try to get it out beforehand.
- Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? As it turns out, No. You can purchase an inexpensive pickguard, and you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your pickguard. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid pickguard holding everything together.
- Can I return my Pickguard? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all pickguard sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What output should I choose? For simplicity, we’re keeping out outputs the stock outputs, but you can always request something different. Let us know in the notes field.
- What Pots should I use? Most of the time, 250K Split Shaft pots will work best for guitars with single-coil pickups and plastic knobs. If you have metal knobs at home, go with Solid Shaft Pots.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
- What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It doesn’t roll off highs as much as it seems to boost the mids. This works well on the bridge pickup only.
- What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all three pickups on with a Blender Pot.
- Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have a metal shielding that connects all of the metal parts; thus we don’t need to use jumper wires.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world!
Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible. If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
Hi, curious to know if I could customize the pots on the pre-wired pickgaur assy? I would like to have a 250k pot for the single coils and a 500k for the humbucker. So, 2 volumes no tone pot. I would also like you to leave the hole (in the pickgaurd) closest to the bridge empty. Thanks, Jerry
Q Hi, curious to know if I could customize the pots on the pre-wired pickgaur assy? I would like to...... Read moreA
Hey Jerry, we can do that - just use the "notes" field on the checkout screen to request it. We'll make it custom for you.
On a prewired HSS pickguard, can I have only one volume and one tone control both moved a little further away from the bridge?
Q On a prewired HSS pickguard, can I have only one volume and one tone control both moved a little ...... Read moreA Hey Pete, we don't have these types of pickguards in stock. This is something you'll need to send to us separately from your order and use the "notes" field on the checkout screen. That said, we can do it. 1.) Place your order with the order notes filled out explaining that you'll be sending in a pickguard 2.) Separately purchase and mail the pickguard of your choice to us. We'll wire it up on the pickguard of your choice. We recommend pickguards... Read more
I’m wanting to build a 24 fret Strat ( standard scale length) using a warmth neck. Is it possible to order a loaded pick guard with the neck pickup moved to compensate for the neck overhang?. HSS configuration. I am open to any suggestions. Regards mike
Q I’m wanting to build a 24 fret Strat ( standard scale length) using a warmth neck. Is it possible...... Read moreA Hey Mike, we don't keep any of those pickguards in stock. You can certainly order a pickguard with your specifications and separately order and mail in the pickguard that you want. From there, we'll build the pickguard on to your custom pickguard.
Hi. I want to order a HSS prewired set. How can I get a Gold colour for the Sunbucker on the bridge? Thankyou
Q Hi. I want to order a HSS prewired set. How can I get a Gold colour for the Sunbucker on the brid...... Read moreA
Hey Simon - you sure can - just select "Gold" as the cover option. We don't have Gold slugs, but we have gold screws - so, I recommend selecting a cover.
Will the HSS prewired pickguard fit into a Charvel CX290, which has the narrow string spacing?
Q Will the HSS prewired pickguard fit into a Charvel CX290, which has the narrow string spacing?A
Hey Steven, good question - our pickguards are designed to fit on American and Mexican-made Strats. You might have an issue with the neck pocket and bridge, but worst-case scenario, you might need to modify the pickguard or simply transfer our wiring / electronics to an existing pickguard.
Note:Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site
Hey!Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.
Reviews we worked hard for, and are proud of.
31 Genuine Reviews for Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard
Add a review
Leave a review for our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard
NOTES ON COLOR:
- Please note that while we strive to provide the most accurate color representation possible, different computer monitors, manufacturer dye lots, and other circumstances may prevent the color from matching perfectly.
- Since we cannot guarantee color matching, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the color matching of our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.
STAY IN TOUCH
Simply said , Love it !!!