$160.00 – $320.00
The High Output Humbucker: Stronger and bigger sounding humbucker without being too dark. Works great with a coil split, perfect for single notes with high gain. The High Output Humbucker is stronger, beefier, and thicker than our Modern P.A.F.
Get Aggressive, Get Loud.
Want to learn more about our High Output? Here's all the information you'll need:
High Output FEATURES:
- Our Highest Output Humbucker – Strong, Dark, and Beefy
- Perfect for Coil Splitting
- Modified Gibson PAF® specifications with attention to increased output
- Darker and thicker tone. Smooth, Chainsaw grind and a medium attack
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Overwound Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
The High Output Humbucker has the thickest, fattest tone of all of our humbuckers. Perfect for high-gain playing, especially with single notes. Our High Output Humbucker is a thick-sounding humbucker that sounds great when split. It’s perfect for anyone looking for the beefiest tone possible. Wound with 43-gauge wire and AlNiCo V magnets, you’ll get a smooth grind, with a ton of output.
Our High Output Humbucker is the thickest and loudest Humbucker we make. It has a very aggressive and dark tone. It’s beefier and more aggressive than our Modern P.A.F. Expect a thick-sounding single-string note that’s quick to break up. Chords will sound full and crunchy with a good amount of soft-clip compression. The High Output Humbucker is best with distortion, especially with single-notes. The grind is thick and smooth, and single notes will sustain and sing. Because this humbucker is so strong, it’s ideal for coil-tapping. This will leave the single-coil pickup strong enough to play well with others. Best used in a bridge position, the High Output Humbucker will sound great and have a warm, round pick attack.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. High Output Humbuckers consist of USA-Made bobbins, baseplates, magnets, and wire. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone.
We assemble each pickup one at a time, by hand. This allows us to achieve unbeatable attention to detail. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- What’s the difference between this model and the Modern P.A.F.? The Modern P.A.F. has fewer turns per coil and uses a weaker magnet, giving this pickup a warmer and thicker tone than the Modern P.A.F. In a nutshell, this pickup is the highest output pickup we make, with lots of volume and thickness.
- Can you Coil Tap this model? Yep! Choose 3-Conductor Lead and use our diagrams here. This model is strong enough to split as-is (no resistor needed).
- What Lead should I choose? If you have a Gibson style instrument with separate volume pots for each pickup, go with the Gibson Shielded Braided lead. Fender style instruments or players with coil-tapping or phase reversing needs, go with 3-Conductor. If you want the maximum options, go with 4-Conductor.
- What Output should I choose? Our Stock Set of High Outputs reads 11.7K in the Neck and 13.7K in the Bridge. If you want a stronger and darker tone, go with a higher output. If you want a clearer and more open tone, go with a lower output.
- What Spacing should I choose? Gibson style instruments use 49.2mm on the neck and bridge. Fender style instruments use a 52mm Bridge and a 50mm neck.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements (Coil tapping, Phase Reverse or Series / Parallel).
- 3-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping or Phase Reverse needs.
- 4-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping, Phase Reverse, Series or Parallel needs.
CHOOSING THE SPACING:
- 49.2mm: Choose this for Gibson Standard Spacing
- 50mm: Fender Neck Spacing
- 52mm: Fender Bridge Spacing
High Outputs are wound with 43-Gauge Single Poly Nylon Wire. They use USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets and USA-Made Steel Screws. We use Nickel-Silver Baseplates and Covers. Like the originals.
The Stock Set of High Outputs reads 11.7K in the Neck and 13.7K in the Bridge. The outputs are compensated and all sets have matched volume.
Humbucker Lead Color Codes
See below for our Humbucker Lead color codes. For help with matching to other manufacturers, check out this resource here.
Gibson Braided Lead:
High Output Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our High Output? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.