THE STRONGEST HUMBUCKER WE MAKE.
- Our Highest Output Humbucker – Strong, Dark, and Beefy
- Perfect for Coil Splitting
- Modified Gibson PAF® specifications with attention to increased output
- Darker and thicker tone. Smooth, Chainsaw grind and a medium attack
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Overwound Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Due to supplier issues, we are discontinuing Jet Black Nickel covers until further notice. We’ll keep you updated when black comes back!
- What’s the difference between this model and the Modern P.A.F.? The Modern P.A.F. has less turns per coil and uses a weaker magnet, giving this pickup a warmer and thicker tone than the Modern P.A.F.. In a nutshell, this pickup is the highest output pickup we make, with lots of volume and thickness.
- Can you Coil Tap this model? Yep! Choose 3-Conductor Lead and use our diagrams here. This model is strong enough to split as-is (no resistor needed).
- What Lead should I choose? If you have a Gibson style instrument with separate volume pots for each pickup, go with the Gibson Shielded Braided lead. Fender style instruments or players with coil tapping or phase reversing needs, go with 3-Conductor. If you want the maximum options, go with 4-Conductor.
- What Output should I choose? Our Stock Set of High Outputs reads 11.7K in the Neck and 13.7K in the Bridge. If you want a stronger and darker tone, go with a higher output. If you want a clearer and more open tone, go with a lower output.
- What Spacing should I choose? Gibson style instruments use 49.2mm on the neck and bridge. Fender style instruments use a 52mm Bridge and a 50mm neck.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements (Coil tapping, Phase Reverse or Series / Parallel).
- 3-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping or Phase Reverse needs.
- 4-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping, Phase Reverse, Series or Parallel needs.
CHOOSING THE SPACING:
- 49.2mm: Choose this for Gibson Standard Spacing
- 50mm: Fender Neck Spacing
- 52mm: Fender Bridge Spacing