Alnico Noiseless P90 – Humbucker
$150.00 – $300.00
Achieve thick, warm, dynamic tones with our Alnico Noiseless P90 Humbucker. This pickup is completely hum-canceling and features a familiar Fender top-end sparkle.
ALNICO NOISELESS P90 HUMBUCKER: THE SOFTER SIDE OF P90.
The Alnico Noiseless P90 Humbucker is the perfect pickup for those looking for a cleaner, more articulate tone in a Humbucker Cover. Even though we call it a P90, it’s not quite a P90: it has an airiness and sparkle not found with adjustable pole pieces. Also, it’s great for those looking to balance a dark guitar. You’ll find that this pickup stays clean, while still having a fat, beefy midrange and thickness commonly found with P90 pickups.
- Alnico Rods for a Fender-type sparkle
- Humbucker housing available in Polished Nickel, Raw Nickel, Gold, and Jet Black Nickel Covers
- Hum-free design for completely noiseless operation
- 49.5mm Standard Spacing works on Gibson-style instruments as well as Fender Neck spacings.
- Wound by hand using our proprietary sectioning technique for a sweet, clear tone
- Wound with USA-Made 42 Gauge SPN Wire
- 10 Year Warranty against manufacturing defects
- Wax Potted to prevent microphonics and corrosion
Due to supplier issues, we are discontinuing Jet Black Nickel covers until further notice. We’ll keep you updated when black comes back!
ALNICO NOISELESS P90 HUMBUCKER SOUND:
The Alnico Noiseless P90 Humbucker will not sound like a traditional P90, but one with a familiar Fender sparkle on the top-end. Clean and articulate when playing without distortion. You’ll find that the nuances of your playing will come out as this pickup “breathes” more than it’s compressed P90 counterpart. Chords have an excellent string-to-string definition, and single notes are round and warm. With distortion, you’ll find a breakup that is late and smooth with a familiar Fender Strat-type tone.
Our Alnico Noiseless P90 Humbucker features a pronounced midrange as well. You’ll find that the Alnico Hum-Cancelling P90 Humbucker will still sound fat and warm. The midrange is softer than a P90, but this pickup is fatter and warmer than our Big Single and Twangmaster.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Hum-Cancelling P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. This pickup will sound not as much like a P90, more like a Fender pickup.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or fitting into a Fender-style guitar.
- What’s the String Spacing? 49.5mm
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
The Noiseless P90 With Alnico Rods uses Single Poly Nylon Wire and USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets.
The Stock Set of Noiseless Alnico Rod P90s read 8.8K in the Neck and 10K in the Bridge. The outputs are compensated and the stock set has matched volume in the Neck and Bridge.