PURE SINGLE-COIL TONE IN A HUMBUCKER COVER.
The Twangmaster is an electric guitar pickup perfect for anyone who wants a Single Coil tone in their humbucker-routed guitar, but hates hum. The Fralin Twangmaster is a Split-Single Humbucker-sized Hum-Cancelling guitar pickup. We use a Left-Right coil design to make sure that there’s no hum at all. Our Twangmaster® uses AlNiCo V magnets and sounds clean, bright, and smooth. This pickup is the clearest and cleanest humbucker we make – clearer than our Big Single, and cleaner than our Fralin P-92.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design
- Clean Fender Tone in a Humbucker Cover
- Hum-Cancelling Design with hum-free operation
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- Which Output do I choose? The 8,000 / 8,800 Turn Set will give you the approximate output of our Vintage Hot Guitar Pickups – Clear, Clean, Versatile. For More of an edge, choose our 8,400 / 9,400 Turn Set – this will approximate the tone of our Blues Special Guitar Pickups – Fatter, beefier, quicker to break up.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has it’s respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-Style instrument.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- What’s the tonal difference between the Twangmaster and the P-92? The P-92 is a lot more aggressive, with a bigger midrange, and a harder and more stiff treble.
- What Pot do I use? 250K.