$160.00 – $320.00
A humbucker in size and shape, The Twangmaster features open, airy and pure single coil tone. The Twangmaster is a clean, clear, articulate but very warm Single-Coil Sounding Humbucker. The Bridge is bright and snappy, while the Neck sounds like a Fender Strat Neck pickup.
TWANGMASTER: SINGLE-COIL TONE, HUMBUCKER SIZE.
The Twangmaster is an electric guitar pickup perfect for anyone who wants a Single Coil tone in their humbucker-routed guitar but hates hum. The Fralin Twangmaster is a Split-Single Humbucker-sized Hum-Cancelling guitar pickup. We use a Left-Right coil design to make sure that there’s no hum at all. Our Twangmaster® uses AlNiCo V magnets and sounds clean, bright, and smooth. This pickup is the clearest and cleanest humbucker we make – clearer than our Big Single, and cleaner than our Fralin P-92.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design
- Clean Fender Tone in a Humbucker Cover
- Hum-Cancelling Design with hum-free operation
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Clean and bright, articulate and expressive. The Fralin Twangmaster is slow to break up, but you’ll find that it’s loud and dynamic. For those who love the sound of Single Coil pickups, now you can fit them into the humbucker routed guitar. Built with Alnico V magnets, we use 42-gauge or 43 gauge wire depending on the strength you need. The Twangmaster has no hum and gives you a traditional Fender tone. Expect a clean, snappy tone when playing clean. With distortion, you’ll find that the grind is smoother than our P-92.
Players who want a more aggressive tone should look at our P92’s, as our P-92’s sound more like a Gibson. Expect a more sparkly treble and a dynamic attack.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our Twangmasters consist of USA-Made bobbins, baseplates, magnets, and wire. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. We assemble each pickup one at a time, by hand. This allows us to achieve unbeatable attention to detail. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup, and prevent microphonics.
- Which Output do I choose? The 8,000 / 8,800 Turn Set will give you the approximate output of our Vintage Hot Guitar Pickups – Clear, Clean, Versatile. For more of an edge, choose our 8,400 / 9,400 Turn Set – this will approximate the tone of our Blues Special Guitar Pickups – Fatter, beefier, quicker to break up.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- What’s the tonal difference between the Twangmaster and the P-92? The P-92 is a lot more aggressive, with a bigger midrange, and a harder and stiffer treble.
- What Pot do I use? 250K.
Wound with 42 & 43 Gauge Single Poly Nylon Wire and Alnico 5 Slug Magnets. 250K Pots are recommended with this pickup.
The best selling set is an 8,400 (~7K) in the neck and a 9,400 (~8K) bridge.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!