High Output Tele
$110.00 – $220.00
High Output Tele Pickups are wound with more wire than the Stock Tele set for a lot more power and darker sound. Fralin High Outputs are perfect for those looking for more power than our Blues Specials. They are dark and thick, perfect for balancing a bright Telecaster or mixing with P90’s or Humbuckers.
Aggressive, Mean Tele Tone
Want to learn more about our High Output Tele? Here's all the information you'll need:
High Output Tele FEATURES:
- Modified Fender specifications for boldest tone
- Loudest and highest-output Telecaster replacement we make
- High output so you can mix with P90s and Humbuckers
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Are you looking for the thickest Telecaster Tone you can get with traditional looks? Lindy Fralin’s High Output Telecaster Pickups are for you. These pickups have the most output out of our Alnico Telecaster line. If you have a bright sounding guitar, this set will help balance the treble and emphasize the mids. Because Fralin High Outputs sound best with 500K Pots, this makes them an ideal choice if you plan to combine with a humbucker or P90. Here is a birds-eye view of the Fralin High Output Telecaster Pickups:
How do they sound? Thick, dark, and quick to break up! Whether you play clean or dirty, you’ll be impressed by the massive midrange and smooth highs this set provides you. You’ll notice the compressed beefy tone and low-end growl, perfect for combining with other pickup designs, like a Humbucker or P90.
You can expect a less emphasized attack as the highs are smoother and darker than our Standard Tele sets, like our Blues Special, which features a more pronounced pick attack. Due to this set’s compressed, thick nature, you can expect to move away from the tone of the Telecaster. With distortion, you’ll notice a smooth grind that will transform your Tele into a real tonal powerhouse.
Are you looking for a Hum Cancelling Tele pickup that actually sounds like a Tele? Check out the High Output Model of our Split Blade Tele Pickups
It all starts here: Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our High Output Tele Pickups consist of locally-stamped fiberboard and USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets – in fact, 100% of the High Output Tele set is USA-Made, including every part.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time, and wind each pickup using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to prevent microphonics and to preserve the pickup for years to come.
|Neck Ohm Reading:||8.7K|
|Bridge Ohm Reading:||10K|
|Neck Polarity:||Counter-Clockwise Coil Direction, North To Strings|
|Bridge Polarity:||Clockwise Coil Direction, South To Strings|
|Wire:||USA-Made 43-Gauge Single Poly Nylon|
|Magnet:||USA-Made Alnico 5|
|Recommended Pot Value:||500K|
- What’s the difference between the Blues Special Tele and the High Output Tele? The Blues Special Tele will sound cleaner and more articulate – like a balance between the Stock and High Output. The High Output will sound great with 500K pots – thicker, darker, and way more aggressive.
- What Stagger do I choose? Ideally, we always recommend a Hybrid Neck (raised D). Choose Stock Bridge Stagger if you have a guitar with a round to medium fingerboard radius: 7.25? – 10?. Choose Hybrid if you have a flatter or compound-radius (11+”).
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
High Output Tele Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our High Output Tele? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
GET IT PREWIRED:
Go the extra mile and combine our High Output Tele with a Telecaster Control Plate!: