High Output Tele
$100.00 – $200.00
High Output Tele Pickups are wound with more wire than the Stock Tele set for a lot more power and darker sound. Fralin High Outputs are perfect for those looking for more power than our Blues Specials. They are dark and thick, perfect for balancing a bright Telecaster or mixing with P90’s or Humbuckers.
HIGH OUTPUT TELE: AGGRESSIVE, STRONG.
High Output Telecaster Pickups are for those who want a thick, dark tone out of their Telecaster. These pickups have the most output out of our Alnico Telecaster line. If you have a bright sounding guitar, this set will help balance out the treble and emphasize the mids. Fralin High Outputs sound best with 500K Pots. This makes them ideal for those combining a humbucker or P90 with a single coil.
HIGH OUTPUT TELE FEATURES:
- Modified Fender specifications for boldest tone
- Loudest and highest-output Telecaster replacement we make
- High Output so you can mix with P90s and Humbuckers
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
High Output Tele Sound:
High Output Pickups sound very thick and dark when playing clean. They feature a massive midrange and darker and smoother highs. Additionally, High Output Tele Pickups have a nice compressed, beefy sound. The tone is thick and fat while having a light compression and thick with a low-end growl and a medium attack. Expect 10% less highs and 10% more mids and power than a vintage-sounding pickup. Our High Output Tele Pickups will break up a lot quicker than lower output replacements. Chords sound crunchy and thick, and single notes sound fat and rich.
It all starts here: Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. These High Output Tele Pickups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- What’s the difference between the Blues Special Tele and the High Output Tele? The Blues Special Tele will sound cleaner and more articulate – like a balance between the Stock and High Output. The High Output will sound great with 500K pots – thicker, darker, and way more aggressive.
- What Stagger do I choose? Ideally, we always recommend a Hybrid Neck (raised D). Choose Stock Bridge Stagger if you have a guitar with a round to medium fingerboard radius: 7.25? – 10?. Choose Hybrid if you have a flatter or compound-radius (11+”).
- Can I get a Cover on the Neck? We really don’t recommend it – the cover makes the pickup darker, and these are already pretty dark. We can do a Blues Special Neck, and recommend 500K pots if you want to do this.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
- 43-Gauge Single Poly Nylon Wire in the Bridge and Neck
- They use USA-Made Alnico V Magnets
- 500K Pots Recommended
High Outputs will read approximately 8K in the Neck and 9.7K in the Bridge. The outputs are compensated and this set has matched volume.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!