THE ULTIMATE Vintage PICKUPS FOR TELECASTER.
Stock Tele Pickups: our second best selling Tele set. If you’re looking for the cleanest and clearest tone, look no further. This set features a bright, clean tone that allows your Tele to sparkle. Wound by hand to 50’s specs with 42-gauge Plain Enamel wire. Hand-built bobbins feature AlNiCo V magnets. Expect clear and clean tone with a chime and bell-like quality.
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
This pickup set is perfect for those looking for the most traditional Tele twang out of their Telecaster. Stock Tele Pickups excel at cleaner styles of music. Expect a robust and open midrange, clear bass strings, and bright and sharp-sounding plain strings. The break-up is smooth and late, ideal for cleaner players, or those with a softer playing style.
Stock Tele Pickups are for those who need the most traditional Vintage Telecaster tone. If you’re playing style involves more distortion, or, if you prefer smoother, darker-sounding pickups, you might like our Blues Specials a bit more. However, If your current pickups are too dark, or, if you’re looking for some added definition and clarity, you will love these. You’ll wonder why you didn’t make the switch earlier.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. These Telecaster pickups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics. Rest assured: when you receive this pickup, you’ll know it was painstakingly made with love.
- What’s the difference between the Stock Tele and the Blues Special Tele? The Stock Tele is more true to Vintage Specs, and thus will sound brighter, clearer, and more open. The Blues Special Tele will sound thicker, darker, and more powerful. Stock Tele is for those who want the most twang out of their guitar.
- What Stagger do I choose? Choose Stock Bridge Stagger if you have a guitar with a round to medium fingerboard radius: 7.25″ – 10″. Choose Hybrid if you have a flatter or compound-radius (11+”).
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. Ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!