$95.00 – $285.00
Our Real 54 is a “Vintage Hot” wind using the same magnet material Fender® used in their ‘54 Stratocasters! These pickups are bright and have a glassy tone to them. Our Real 54’s are brighter and snappier than our Vintage Hot pickups. If you are looking for the most authentic vintage tone you can get, look no further.
REAL ’54S: ERA-AUTHENTIC 50’S SOUND, INSTALLED.
Real ’54s are true to the original 50’s specifications of Fender Stratocaster pickups. These pickups are for those looking for true ’50s sound for their Stratocaster. Real ’54s are like Vintage Hots in the way we wind them, but we use AlNiCo III magnets instead of AlNiCo V’s. This gives Real ’54s a brighter, more delicate tone. Also, players can get the pickup close to the strings without the pickup pulling the strings out of tune. Real ’54s are great for anyone looking to balance out a dark-sounding guitar.
REAL ’54S FEATURES:
- Vintage 50’s Fender specifications
- Clean, clear, bright and glassy, with dynamic mids
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- USA-made Alnico 3 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- RW/RP Middle Pickup for Hum-Cancelling in positions 2 & 4
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
REAL ’54S SOUND:
Real ’54s have a nice “glassiness” to them, with a lot of top-end sparkle. These pickups have a lot of clarity when playing single-notes, or chords. From clean to high-gain, expect the tone to cut-through. Real ’54s are also great for players who use a lot of effects pedals, as the pickup also cuts through. Real ’54s offer a transparent tone and won’t color the sound of your guitar too much. We recommend adding a Baseplate to the bridge position, for added thickness.
Finally, these Vintage Strat Pickups are for those who are not happy with the tone from stock pickups. These tend to be sweeter-sounding, not aggressive. You’ll wonder why you didn’t make the switch earlier.
It all starts with the love and care we put into our pickups. Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our Real ’54s consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Alnico 3 Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- What Magnet Stagger Do I Use? This all depends on your fingerboard radius. If you have a 7.25 – 10in Radius, we recommend going with Stock Stagger. If you have a flatter or compound radius, go with a Hybrid stagger.
- What’s the difference between Real ’54s and Vintage Hots? Real ’54s use Alnico 3 Magnets instead of Alnico 5, giving them a little more midrange bounce and top-end glassiness.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble side when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
- 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar Wire
- USA-Made hand-beveled Alnico III Magnets
- 250K Pots Recommended.
Real 54s will read approximately 6K in the Neck and Middle, and 6.6K in the Bridge.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!