$160.00 – $320.00
A Lindy Fralin Original Design! A humbucker in size and shape, but the tone is beefy and single single coil sounding. This pickup is perfect for guitarists looking for a thick and beefy P-90 type tone in their guitar. This P-92 is right in-between the tone of a single-coil and a P-90.
FRALIN P-92: CLASSIC P-90 TONE
Fralin P-92 Electric Guitar Pickups are perfect for anyone who wants a P-90 type tone in their humbucker-routed guitar, with no hum. We use a Split Single-coil design to get hum-canceling P-90 Tones, in a Humbucker size. Our P-92 uses AlNiCo V magnets and sounds big, fat, and smooth. This pickup sounds clearer than our hum-canceling P-90 but dirtier than our Big Single. Fralin P-92 guitar pickups have a great blend of P-90 and single-coil tone with no hum, all the while offering nice breakup and an “in-your-face” sound.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design
- Clean P90 tone in a Humbucker Cover
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Fully Hum-Cancelling and silent in all positions
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
For those who love the sound of Vintage P-90 pickups, now you can fit them into the humbucker-routed guitar. Thick and robust, bold, and in-your-face. The Fralin P-92 is quick to break up, but you’ll find that it’s still clearer, like traditional Vintage P90s. Built with alnico V magnets, we use 42-gauge or 43 gauge wire depending on the strength you need. When playing clean, you’ll find that this pickup has a thicker, bold tone with a stiff high end. With distortion, you’ll find that the grind is dirtier than our Big Single, but not as much as a typical Humbucker.
Players who want a sparkly-top end should look at our Twangmasters, as our P-92’s sound more like a Gibson. Expect a harder treble and a more stiff attack.
It all starts here: our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our P-92’s consist of USA-Made bobbins, baseplates, magnets, and wire. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, bright tone. We assemble each pickup one at a time, by hand. This allows us to achieve unbeatable attention to detail. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Hum-Cancelling P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. It’s quicker to break up. The P-92 is more of a blend with a traditional Vintage P90 – cleaner and clearer.
- What output do I choose? The best selling set is a Stock Neck and a Stock Bridge. Getting more turns will add midrange and make the pickup sound darker and thicker. Going with fewer turns will make the pickup sound clearer and more articulate.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- Will this fit in a Humbucker Position? Yes. It’s Gibson humbucker sized.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- How far away do the strings need to be from the pickup? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Wound with 42 & 43 Gauge Single Poly Nylon Wire and built with Alnico 5 Magnets. All USA-Made Baseplates and covers.
On our Stock Set (8,200 / 9,200), The Neck will read about 6.8K, and the Bridge will read about 7.8K.
We do not offer installation help or guidance, but we do have easy-to-follow, beautiful Wiring Diagrams! Click below:
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!