CLASSIC P-90 TONE IN A HUMBUCKER COVER.
Fralin P-92 Electric Guitar Pickups are perfect for anyone who wants a P-90 type tone in their humbucker-routed guitar, with no hum. We use a Split Single coil design to get Hum-Cancelling P-90 Tones, in a Humbucker size. Our P-92 uses AlNiCo V magnets and sounds big, fat, and smooth. This pickup sounds clearer than our Hum-Cancelling P-90, but dirtier than our Big Single. Fralin P-92 guitar pickups have a great blend of P-90 and single coil tone with no hum, all the while offering nice breakup and an “in-your-face” tone.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design
- Clean P90 tone in a Humbucker Cover
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Fully Hum-Cancelling and silent in all positions
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Hum-Cancelling P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. It’s quicker to break up. The P-92 is more of a blend with a traditional Vintage P90 – cleaner and clearer.
- What output do I choose? The best selling set is an 8,200 in the neck and a 9,200 bridge. Getting more turns will add midrange, and make the pickup sound darker and thicker. Going with less turns will make the pickup sound clearer and more articulate.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has it’s respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-Style instrument.
- Will this fit in a Humbucker Position? Yes. It’s Gibson humbucker sized.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- How far away do the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. Ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!