$160.00 – $320.00
Stand out in the mix and cut through with the Lindy Fralin-designed P-92. A full-size humbucker with unique looks, the P-92 is a cleaner, more articulate P-90, with no hum. If you’re looking for the perfect blend of a traditional single-coil and a P90, look no further than this pickup here. Made by hand in Virginia with all USA-Made Parts, we guarantee the P-92 will inspire you for years to come.
Stand Out. Cut Through.
Want to learn more about our P-92? Here's all the information you'll need:
- Lindy Fralin Original Design
- Clean, articulate P90 tone in a Humbucker size
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Fully Hum-Cancelling and silent in all positions
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- Backed by our 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- Risk-free 30-day exchange policy
Are you seeking a more “polite” P90 tone with no hum? The P-92 is the pickup for you. Incredibly versatile, this pickup features bright wound strings with round treble strings. It’s perfect for Rock, Blues, Country, and Jazz.
Lindy’s unique Split-Single design allows you to achieve a genuine single-coil tone with zero hum, all packed in an awesome-looking humbucker. The USA-Made Alnico 5 bar magnet gives you a tight attack and bite, with a clear low-end and stiff treble.
As we’re sure you’re aware, a known challenge with P90 pickups is the hum. Rest assured: we’ve solved that problem and found a unique, versatile sonic footprint where the P-92 fits perfectly.
The P-92 features a cleaner and more articulate overall tone. It’s more “polite” than our Hum Cancelling P90s, and much clearer-sounding than our Pure P.A.F. That said, the P-92 offers you a thick, warm midrange accompanied by a stiffer and rounder treble – perfect for many music styles.
The P-92 is quick to break up, but you’ll find that it’s still clearer, like traditional Vintage P90s. Built with alnico V magnets, we use 42-gauge or 43 gauge wire depending on the strength you need.
When playing clean, you’ll find that this pickup has a thicker, bold tone with a stiff high end. With distortion, you’ll find that the grind is dirtier than our Big Single, but not as much as a typical Humbucker.
Players who want a sparkly-top end should look at our Twangmasters, as our P-92’s sound more like a Gibson.
It all starts here: our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our P-92’s consist of USA-Made bobbins, baseplates, magnets, and wire.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, bright tone. We assemble each pickup one at a time, by hand. This allows us to achieve unbeatable attention to detail. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to prevent microphonics and to preserve the pickup for years to come.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Hum-Cancelling P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. It’s quicker to break up. The P-92 is more of a blend with a traditional Vintage P90 – cleaner and clearer.
- What output do I choose? The best selling set is a Stock Neck and a Stock Bridge. Getting more turns will add midrange and make the pickup sound darker and thicker. Going with fewer turns will make the pickup sound clearer and more articulate.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- Will this fit in a Humbucker Position? Yes. It’s Gibson humbucker sized.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- How far away do the strings need to be from the pickup? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Lead Color Codes
See below for our Lead color codes. For help with matching to other manufacturers, check out this resource here.
Gibson Braided Lead:
Humbucker Lead Color Codes
See below for our Humbucker Lead color codes. For help with matching to other manufacturers, check out this resource here.
Gibson Braided Lead:
P-92 Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our P-92? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.