P90 – Humbucker
$140.00 – $280.00
P90 IN A HUMBUCKER COVER. ENOUGH SAID.
We all love the sound of a P90 pickup. The P90 is one of the most versatile pickup designs out there: it’s Rock, Jazz, R&B, Funk, Blues, and Country, rolled into one pickup. At Fralin Pickups, we build our P90s with USA-Made Alnico IV bar magnets and wind them by hand, one at a time. The P90 in a Humbucker Cover is Lindy’s P90 design, packed into a humbucker cover.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design: True P90 Tone, now humbucker sized
- Adjustable USA-Made Pole Pieces for Fine-Tuning Single String Balance
- AlNiCo IV Bar Magnets for a smooth, punchy tone
- Hand-wound with 43 Gauge SPN wire and our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- RW / RP Neck for hum-canceling in the middle position
- Multiple Outputs available for fine-tuning your Pickup’s voice
- Nickel Silver Baseplates and Covers for little to no effect on tone
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Due to supplier issues, we are discontinuing Jet Black Nickel covers until further notice. We’ll keep you updated when black comes back!
P90 IN A HUMBUCKER COVER SOUND:
Lindy Fralin’s P90 in a Humbucker Cover features a familiar P90 tone. Expect a clear, tight bottom-end, and an aggressive top-end. Also, expect a snarly fat midrange in-between. Our P-90’s have that undeniable thick Single-Coil tone, with a warm low end and a fat top end. Single notes have a punchy, thick sonic footprint and have great sustain. Chords break up nicely with a slight compression and great note separation. Fralin P-90’s offer undeniable clarity and definition while remaining strong, fat, thick, and punchy.
It all starts here: our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Lindy Fralin’s P90 in a Humbucker Cover consists of a precision injection mold and USA-Made Steel Screws. We use aggressive USA-Made Neodymium magnets to make this model scream. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. We wind each pickup using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This winding technique gives our pickups a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- What’s the tonal difference between the P90 In A Humbucker Cover and your Stock P90? The P90 In A Humbucker Cover is slightly darker than our Stock P90, but not by a noticeable difference. It’s very subtle.
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and bright.
- What lead do I choose? The type of lead depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its own dedicated volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- Will this fit in a Humbucker Position? Yes. It’s standard Gibson® humbucker sized.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Wound to Vintage Specifications with 42 Gauge Plain Enamel Wire and uses Alnico IV Magnets. 500K Pots are recommended with this pickup.
Our Stock Set reads 7.2K on the Neck and 8.2K on the bridge.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!