P90 – Humbucker
$129.00 – $258.00
Finally, achieve incredible P90 tone with a humbucker look! The Fralin Humbucker-sized P90 is a vintage-voiced P90 known for its versatility, clarity, and snarly midrange. With clear lows, thick mids, and percussive highs, we guarantee that the Fralin P90 will inspire you, no matter what guitar or music style you play. As with all Fralin Pickups, you can take pride in knowing we designed, built, and assembled your P90 in Virginia using 100% USA-Made parts.
Pure P90, Humbucker Looks
Want to learn more about our P90 - Humbucker? Here's all the information you'll need:
P90 - Humbucker FEATURES:
- Lindy Fralin Original Design: True P90 Tone, now humbucker sized
- Adjustable USA-Made Pole Pieces for Fine-Tuning Single String Balance
- AlNiCo IV Bar Magnets for a smooth, punchy tone
- Hand-wound with 43 Gauge SPN wire and our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- RW / RP Neck for hum-canceling in the middle position
- Multiple Outputs available for fine-tuning your Pickup’s voice
- Nickel Silver Baseplates and Covers for little to no effect on tone
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- Backed by our 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- 30-Day Risk-Free Exchange Policy
Don’t you love the sound of a screaming P90 Pickup? What’s not to love? Easily one of the most unique and versatile pickup designs out there, the Fralin P90 pushes the limit by using 100% USA-Made parts and a tone that will make your jaw drop.
Whether you play Rock, Jazz, Country, R&B, or Funk, you will undoubtedly stand out in the mix with the pronounced pick attack and crystal-clear lows. Hand-build into a humbucker chassis, you can now have that famous P90 tone in all humbucker-equipped guitars.
Get excited – Fralin P90s covers an impressive, broad tonal spectrum.
Featuring a clear neck and an overwound bridge, our P90s have that undeniable thick Single-Coil tone with a distinct wound string, and percussive treble string. The midrange is full, thick, and warm – perfect for adding depth to your guitar.
Are you looking for the traditional Fender-type sparkle? You won’t find that here. The Fralin P90 is all Gibson! For that, we recommend checking out our Hum Cancelling Alnico Rod model.
Whether playing clean or dirty, we guarantee the “3-dimensional depth” that the Fralin P90 provides will inspire you for years to come. Single notes are punchy and clear without sounding tinny, and chords break up with a tight compression that’s guaranteed to push your amp.
And with a hand-wound scatter-wound coil, your pickup is as unique as you are – each coil features a subtly unique voice that will undoubtedly inspire you. Experience what you’ve been missing and give your guitar the P90 voice it was meant to have with the Fralin P90.
It all starts here: our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Lindy Fralin’s P90 in a Humbucker Cover consists of a precision injection mold and USA-Made Steel Screws. We use USA-Made Alnico 4 magnets to make this model scream. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This winding technique gives our pickups a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to and prevent microphonics and preserve the pickup for years to come.
|Neck Ohm Reading:||7.2K|
|Bridge Ohm Reading:||8.2K|
|Neck Polarity:||Counter Clockwise Coil Direction, North to Strings|
|Bridge Polarity:||Clockwise Coil Direction, South to Strings|
|Cover Material:||USA-Made Nickel Silver|
|Baseplate Material:||USA-Made Nickel Silver|
|Magnets:||USA-Made Alnico 4|
|Wire:||USA-Made 43-Gauge Single Poly Nylon|
|Recommended Pot Value:||500K|
- What’s the tonal difference between the P90 In A Humbucker Cover and your Stock P90? Nothin’! These two pickups sound near identical.
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and bright.
- What lead do I choose? The type of lead depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its own dedicated volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- Will this fit in a Humbucker Position? Yes. It’s standard Gibson® humbucker sized.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Lead Color Codes
See below for our Lead color codes. For help with matching to other manufacturers, check out this resource here.
Gibson Braided Lead:
P90 - Humbucker Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our P90 - Humbucker? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.