P90 Tone, NOW Humbucker-Sized.
We all love the sound of a screaming P-90 Pickup. It’s been used on countless records and countless guitarists rely on it to give them that aggressive tone they’re after. It’s Rock & Roll, Jazz, R&B, Funk, Blues, and Country all rolled into one. At Fralin Pickups, our P-90’s are given a healthy dose of USA-Made Parts and wound by hand, one at a time to deliver what you love most: amazing, unforgettable tone. This pickup is our standard P-90, now offered in a Humbucker Cover. Our stock set has a Stock Bridge and a -10% Neck. This calibrates the set to have the same output. If you would like to customize this option, please see below for a more detailed description.
- Adjustable Pole Pieces for Fine-Tuning Single String Balance
- Size Will Fit Any Humbucker Routed Guitar
- AlNiCo Bar Magnets for a Smooth Tone
- Wound with 42-Gauge Wire to specification
- Our Bridge is reverse-wound to give you Hum-Cancelling in the Middle Position
- USA-Made Parts
Due to supplier issues, we are discontinuing Jet Black Nickel covers until further notice. We’ll keep you updated when black comes back!
Fralin P-90’s have a huge, fat, midrange tone. You can expect a clear, present, round bottom-end, and a sharp, aggressive top-end, with a clear, fat midrange in-between. Our P-90’s have that undeniable thick Single-Coil tone, with a warm low end and a fat top end. Single notes have a punchy, thick sonic footprint and have great sustain. Chords break up nicely with a slight compression and great note separation. Fralin P-90’s offer undeniable clarity and definition while remaining strong, fat, thick, and punchy.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Stock P90? The Humbucker-Sized P90 is slightly darker than a Stock P90, but not by a truly noticeable difference. It’s very subtle.
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and clear.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has it’s respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-Style instrument.
- Will this fit in a Humbucker Position? Yes. It’s Gibson humbucker sized.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. Ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
We can only make this pickup in 50mm. We cannot make any other sizes.