$165.00 – $330.00
A Lindy Fralin original design! The Big Single is a Humbucker that has a big, round single-coil sound with no hum. It’s beefier than our Twangmaster but cleaner and more articulate than our Hum-Cancelling P-90. We offer two versions: The Big Single 42, and the Big Single 43.
All Single Coil Tone, No Hum.
Want to learn more about our Big Single®? Here's all the information you'll need:
Big Single® FEATURES:
- Hum-Cancelling Thick Single Coil Tone, in a Humbucker Cover
- Very versatile – can cover a wide array of styles, outputs, and tones
- Lindy Fralin Original Design
- 2-Coil design with a bar magnet for silent, huge tone
- A dynamic, rich, warm tone
- Hand-carved bar magnet can accommodate up to 2 1/4 string spacing
- 10 Year Warranty against manufacturing defects
The Big Single is one of Lindy Fralin’s original designs. Based on his desire to improve the tone of a Mini-Humbucker, Lindy’s innovation led to the Big Single. Lindy was pleased with this new design so much, that he worked it into a standard Humbucker cover. With this design, you’ll get a dynamic, round single-coil tone – with no hum. We pack all this fat tone by hand into a great looking No-Hole Humbucker Cover.
The Big Single is one of our best-selling guitar pickups – for a good reason. Clean, warm and vibrant, this unique design is directly in-between the tone of our Fralin P-92 and our Fralin Twangmaster. It has a beefier, bolder tone than our Twangmaster, but cleaner and more ‘Fender-like’ than our P-92. Treble strings sound warm and fat, and wound strings sound bright and clear, like all Fender-style pickups. This design comes in two models: the Big Single 42, and the Big Single 43.
The Big Single 42 will sound cleaner and brighter, and work well with 250K Pots. The Big Single 43 will seem thicker and darker and can work well with 500K pots. In either case, each model features a bouncy, rich, and full midrange and top-end. Great for either clean playing or distortion, this pickup will break up a little earlier than our Twangmaster, and is excellent for anyone looking for beefy, rich single-coil sound, with no hum.
- Which Output do I choose? The 42 Model will sound more like a traditional Fender. Cleaner, clearer, yet still with a thick midrange. The 43 Model will lean a bit towards a Humbucker by being more compressed, and darker with more output.
- What lead do I choose? It all depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style Guitar.
- What’s the String Spacing? We can accommodate up to 2-1/4″.
- What’s the tonal difference between the Twangmaster this pickup? The Twangmaster is cleaner and clearer. The Big Single will be thicker with more output.
- What Pot do I use? 250K for the 42 version, and 500K for the 43 version.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Wound with 42 & 43 Gauge Single Poly Nylon Wire and Bonded Neodymium Bar Magnet. All USA-Made Baseplates and covers.
The 42 Version will read 8.7K in the neck and 10K in the Bridge. The 43 version will read 12.2K in the Neck and 15.2K in the bridge. We count turns instead of going by ohm readings, so don’t fret if your ohm readings are slightly off. They will vary.
Big Single® Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Big Single®? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
Trying to leave a review for our Big Single®? Leave one here.