Innovation Meets Serious Tone.
Split Blade Stratocaster Pickups: The revolutionary design in single-coil sound, without the hum. This pickup is built with a 2-coil design using steel blades for the pole piece. Unlike most humbucking pickups, Split Blades are designed with a left and right coil design, offering a truer and more balanced single-coil tone. You can expect a traditional single-coil tone from Split Blades, except with a bit more fatness and warmth. Split Blades are perfect for those who love the tone of their guitar, but want to rid themselves of the noise.
- Single-Coil tone, with no Hum
- Fantastic string articulation, dynamics, and enhanced detail
- Cloth leads for easy installation (installs like a regular Strat pickup)
- Overlapping pole pieces for even volume across all strings: even went bent
Lindy Fralin Split Blade Pickups are unique: they offer a single-coil sound, with no hum, whatsoever. You can expect fantastic warm, full-bodied tone with incredible string articulation and enhanced detail. Low strings sound clear and articulate, while the plain strings sound thicker than a single coil, but still sparkle. Also, adjusting the pickup on the Bass and Treble ends really allows the player to fine-tune the pickup to his or her needs. Split Blade Pickups will not pull the strings out of tune – even if they get close to the strings. When playing with distortion, Split Blade Pickups sound thick and dynamically rich. Chords have a nice compression on them while single note lines have a much larger sonic footprint. Split Blades sound thicker than our Vintage Hots out of the box in our Vintage output option.
Choosing The Output
- Vintage Output offers a thicker, darker sound than our Vintage Hot pickups, while still offering bright wound strings. The Vintage Output works well with 250K pots. This is Lindy’s favorite version of Split Blades.
- The Blues Output is 5% stronger than the Vintage output, and offers 5% more bass and mids, and 5% less treble. The Blues Output works well with 500K pots.
- The High Output is 5% Stronger than the Blues Output. We use a stronger magnet in this pickup which makes it brighter. the High Output model sounds great with 250K pots.
- Super High Output is 10% stronger than the Blues Output. The Super High Output Split Blades work well with 500K pots. These models work best with regular Humbuckers, in a HSS or HSH configuration.
Choosing The Radius:
These pickups are designed to work with the curvature (radius) of your neck. Be sure to have your radius measurement ready before ordering. Most vintage-style guitars are using the Round radius. Modern guitars are usually using a Medium radius. Guitars with a very flat fingerboard work best with the Flat radius. Consult your local luthier or manufacturer website if you’re unsure about your guitar’s radius.
- Round Radius (7.25″ – 9″)
- Medium Radius (9.5″ – 11″)
- Flat Radius (12″ +)
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want! Anything customized is a final sale and non-returnable.