Innovation Meets Serious Tone.
Split Blade Stratocaster Pickups: The revolutionary design in single-coil sound, without the hum. This pickup is built with a 2-coil design using steel blades for the pole piece. Unlike most humbucking pickups, Split Blades are designed with a left and right coil design, offering a truer and more balanced single-coil tone.
Lindy Fralin Split Blade Pickups are unique: they offer a single-coil sound, with no hum, whatsoever. You can expect fantastic a warm, full-bodied tone with incredible string articulation and enhanced detail. Low strings sound clear and articulate, while the plain strings sound thicker than a single coil, but still sparkle. Furthermore, adjusting the pickup on the Bass and Treble ends really allows the player to fine-tune the pickup to his or her needs. Split Blade Pickups will not pull the strings out of tune – even if they get close to the strings. When playing with distortion, Split Blade Pickups sound thick and dynamically rich. Chords have a nice compression on them while single note lines have a much larger sonic footprint.
Split Blades are offered in the following outputs:
- High Output
- Super High Output
These pickups are designed to work with the curvature (radius) of your neck. Be sure to have your radius measurement ready before ordering. Most vintage-style guitars are using the Round radius. Modern guitars are using the Medium radius. Guitars with a very flat fingerboard are using the Flat radius.
- Round Radius (7.25″ – 9″)
- Medium Radius (9.5″ – 11″)
- Flat Radius (12″ +)
How To Choose:
- Vintage Output offers a thicker, darker sound than our Vintage Hot pickups, while still offering bright wound strings. The Vintage Output works well with 250K pots. This is Lindy’s favorite version of Split Blades.
- The Blues Output is 5% stronger than the Vintage output, and offers 5% more bass and mids, and 5% less treble. The Blues Output works well with 250K pots.
- The High Output and Super High Output models are 5% and 10% stronger than the Blues Output, respectively. The High Output and Super High Output Split Blades work well with 500K pots.
Split Blades like to live close to the strings, and won’t pull the strings out of tune.
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want! Anything customized is a final sale and non-returnable.