Steel Pole 43 Strat
$110.00 – $330.00
Instantly transform your Strat into the P90 powerhouse of your dreams with Lindy Fralin’s Steel Pole 43s. Featuring a high-output coil design and an aggressive magnet structure, this is as close to the famous P90 tone as we can get on a Strat. Don’t be afraid to get dirty – experience the expertly-crafted blend of P90 and Strat pickups, and discover what you’ve been missing.
Supercharge your Strat's Tone.
Want to learn more about our Steel Pole 43 Strat? Here's all the information you'll need:
Steel Pole 43 Strat FEATURES:
- Original Fender Size, Lindy Fralin Design
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Ceramic Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- RW/RP Middle pickup for hum-canceling on positions 2 & 4
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- Backed by our 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- 8K Neck & Middle, 10K Bridge
Are you suffering from wimpy Strat tone? We have the cure: Our Steel Pole 43 Strat Pickups are the highest-output Strat pickups we make and have the most volume and thickness. Lindy’s Steel Pole 43 leans towards the tone of a traditional P90, only in a Strat size. So, if you’re looking for the perfect P90 tone out of your Strat, look no further! We wind this model with 43-gauge wire for maximum volume and feature ceramic bar magnets for an aggressive attack.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Steel Pole Pickups consist of a precision injection mold and USA-Made Steel Screws. We use aggressive USA-Made magnets to make this model scream. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. We wind each pickup using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
Steel Pole 43’s sound more like a P90 than traditional Strat pickups. They have a light compression that allows the pickup to break up quicker. This model sounds thicker in the midrange with more of a “chainsaw” grind, not like Alnico. They will hit the front-end of your amp hard and break up quickly. You’ll notice more midrange, especially in the lows and highs, when played clean. The midrange is prominent on this pickup, and it sounds excellent on 500K pots.
Finally, Steel Pole 43 Pickups are for those who need the most output out of their Strat. If you’re looking for something different, these may be right for you. Also, if your current pickups are too bright or thin, you will love these. These tend to be thicker sounding and very aggressive.
|Neck Ohm Reading:||8.9K|
|Middle Ohm Reading:||8.9K|
|Bridge Ohm Reading:||10K|
|Neck & Bridge Polarity:||Clockwise Coil Direction, South To Strings|
|Reverse Middle Polarity:||Counter-Clockwise Coil Direction, North To Strings|
|Wire:||USA-Made 43-Gauge Single Poly Nylon|
|Recommended Pot Value:||500K|
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Strat pickup? Because of the Ceramic, the Steel Pole pickups have a more stiff and aggressive treble than the softer, more sparkly treble of a traditional Strat pickup with Alnico magnets. The Ceramic will cause this pickup to sound slightly more aggressive in the midrange and will be darker.
- What’s the difference between the Steel Pole 43 and 42? The Steel Pole 43 leans more towards a P90 tone than the Steel Pole 42. It requires 500K pots, just like a P90.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret. You can adjust the stagger from there with the pole pieces.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Steel Pole 43 Strat Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Steel Pole 43 Strat? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
GET IT PREWIRED:
Get our Steel Pole 43 Strat prewired into a Prewired Pickguard!: