EVEN MORE P-90 AGGRESSION WITH A SINGLE COIL BITE.
The Steel Pole 43 set of Single Coil Pickups is again, one of our most popular sets. These pickups are built with the same specifications as our Steel Pole 42, but with 43-gauge wire and 5% more turns. The Steel Pole 43 leans more to the tone of a P-90 than a single-coil, and is perfect for musicians looking for a thick, warm, and beefy P-90 sound in a single coil position. These pickups are wound with 43-gauge coil, and feature a ceramic bar magnet that blends the P-90 and single-coil sound perfectly. The Steel Pole 43 Pickups are beefier than the Blues Specials and Steel Pole 42’s, while featuring a darker and thicker tone.
- P-90 Tone in a single coil spacing
- Adjustable Steel Pole Pieces for fine-tuning string response
- Huge mid-range tone with a Ceramic bite. This equals more growl and aggression
- In a set, the Bridge Pickup is calibrated to sound just as hot as the neck pickup
- Features a Ceramic Bar Magnet
- Steel Pole 43’s come with your choice of White, Black, Yellow (Aged White), or Green covers.
When playing clean, these pickups sound large and rich, especially in the lows and highs. Closer to the sound of a P-90, Steel Pole 43’s still retain a beautiful openness and clarity while still remaining very dynamic. Steel Pole 43’s sound thicker in the midrange with more of a “chainsaw” grind, as opposed to a smoother AlNiCo distortion. Ideal styles of music would be heavier Blues, Rock, and anything that you want a thick midrange, and top-end bite.
Our Complete Set is our best-selling option. It has a slightly hotter bridge to compensate for the brightness near the bridge. If you’re buying a single pickup, read this important article: “What’s The Deal With Polarity?”
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want!