BALANCE OF P90 AGGRESSION WITH SINGLE COIL BITE.
Steel Pole 42 Pickups is the perfect blend of a P90 and a Tele Pickup. If you’re looking for a thick, warm, and beefier sound, you will love the sound this model could provide. Steel Pole Pieces and Ceramic Magnets give this pickup a harder top-end. The midrange is also beefier than High Outputs, making it ideal for a Bridge Position. Distortion will yield a faster break up and a chainsaw grind.
- Original Fender Size, Lindy Fralin Design
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Ceramic Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- RW/RP Neck pickup for hum-cancelling middle position.
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Tele pickup? Because of the Ceramic, the Steel Pole pickups have a harder and more aggressive treble than the softer, more sparkly treble of a normal Tele pickup with Alnico magnets. The Ceramic will cause this pickup to sound slightly more aggressive in the midrange, and will be darker.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. Ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret. You can adjust the stagger from there with the pole pieces.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!