Split Blade For Mustang
$125.00 – $250.00
Our Split Blades for Mustang offers noise-free tone, in many different outputs. Custom-built for the Mustang model, these pickups allow you to turn on high definition mode on your guitar.
Split Blade For Mustang INFO:
Want to learn more about our Split Blade For Mustang? Here's all the information you'll need:
Split Blade For Mustang FEATURES:
- Single-Coil tone, with no Hum
- Fantastic string articulation, dynamics, and enhanced detail
- Cloth leads for easy installation (installs like a regular Mustang pickup)
- Overlapping pole pieces for even volume across all strings: even went bent
Split Blade Mustang Pickups: The revolutionary design in single-coil sound, without the hum. This pickup is built with a 2-coil design using steel blades for the pole piece. Unlike most humbucking pickups, Split Blades are designed with a left and right coil design, offering a truer and more balanced single-coil tone. You can expect a traditional single-coil tone from Split Blades, except with a bit more fatness and warmth. Split Blades are perfect for those who love the tone of their Mustang, but want to rid themselves of the noise.
The Split Blades for Mustang give you 3-Wire Pickups for phase reverse and a Left-Handed Bridge pickup.
Lindy Fralin Split Blade Pickups are unique: they offer a single-coil sound, with no hum, whatsoever. You can expect a fantastic warm, full-bodied tone with incredible string articulation and enhanced detail. Low strings sound clear and articulate, while the plain strings sound thicker than a single-coil, but still sparkle. Also, adjusting the pickup on the Bass and Treble ends really allows the player to fine-tune the pickup to his or her needs.
Split Blade Pickups will not pull the strings out of tune – even if they get close to the strings. When playing with distortion, Split Blade Pickups sound thick and dynamically rich. Chords have a nice compression on them while single note lines have a much larger sonic footprint. Split Blades sound thicker than our Vintage Hots out of the box in our Vintage output option.
- What Output do I choose? Good question. Vintage and High Output models sound best with 250K pots. Blues and Super High Outputmodels sound best with 500K pots. Basically, if you have the right pot installed, Vintage and Blues outputs will sound the clearest and most “Fender-y”. Their higher-output counterparts will sound thicker and break up quicker.
- What Radius do I need?
- Round Radius: (7.25?-9?)
- Medium Radius: (9.5?-11?)
- Flat Radius: (12+” or Compound Radius)
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Strat pickup? The tone is very similar! Whenever you have two coils in series like a Split Blade, you’re going to lose a bit of that Fender “sparkle”, but we believe these are the closest you can get to the real thing.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Split Blades like to be closer to the strings than a normal Strat pickup. Check out this video here.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Split Blades for Mustang are wound by hand with 43 Gauge SPN wire, with Ceramic magnets.
Split Blades read a lot lower than most pickups due to them being so efficient. Don’t go by ohm readings – they won’t give you any accurate information.
Split Blade For Mustang Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Split Blade For Mustang? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.