Hum-Cancelling Steel-Pole Jazzmaster
The Fralin Hum-Cancelling Steel Poled Jazzmaster gives you a Hum-Cancelling P-90 tone for your Jazzmaster. Similar to our Steel-Pole Jazzmaster Pickup: a thick P90 sound in a Jazzmaster cover, with no hum. Thick, beefy, and harmonically rich.
P90 Tone, Zero Hum.
Want to learn more about our Hum-Cancelling Steel-Pole Jazzmaster? Here's all the information you'll need:
Hum-Cancelling Steel-Pole Jazzmaster FEATURES:
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-Made Bonded Neodymium magnets for an aggressive attack
- Compensated Bridge output for even volume across all pickups
- Multiple winding options to provide you with your ideal tone
- Dead-quiet and hum-free performance
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control, and inspected three times during the manufacturing process
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Are you searching for P90 tone for your Jazzmaster, but hate hum? This pickup will provide you with the results you’re searching for. Lindy’s Hum-Cancelling Steel Pole Jazzmaster pickups are the perfect fit for those looking to beef up their Jazzmaster. We build these pickups to the same specifications as our Fralin Steel Pole Jazzmaster Pickups, but with a unique and innovative 2-coil design for hum cancellation in all positions.
The Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster leans more towards the tone of a P-90 than a single-coil (exactly like our Hum Cancelling P90), but with added thickness. Using 43 Gauge wire, we squeeze as much output as we can out of this set while maintaining clarity and attack.
When playing clean, these pickups sound thick and powerful, especially in the midrange and top-end. Closer to the sound of a P90, our Hum-Cancelling Steel Pole Jazzmaster Pickups will provide you with an aggressive, thick tone that is perfect for balancing out a bright-sounding guitar or for those looking for more growl in their sound. Do you like distortion? You’ll undoubtedly get some push out of this set. Hum-Cancelling Steel Pole Jazzmasters provide you with that famous P90 “chainsaw” grind instead of a smoother AlNiCo distortion.
We also feature multiple winding options: a 5% underwind, or 5% overwind option. Underwinding a pickup cleans up the midrange and emphasizes the highs – think “clearer and cleaner”, while overwinding thickens and darkens the pickup’s tone. Our Stock Set is the perfect and ideal balance, to our ears.
It all starts here: our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Hum-Cancelling Steel Pole Jazzmaster pickups consist of a precision injection mold and USA-Made Steel Screws. We use aggressive USA-Made Neodymium magnets to make this model scream, with a pronounced pick attack. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time, and wind each pickup using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
You might need to rout out a bit of wood to make these pickups fit. Some customers were required to rout about 1/16" - 1/8" from their pickup cavities. On American Vintage Reissue Guitars (AVRI), you'll need to lift the Copper Plate, rout some of the wood (1/8" - 1/4"), and replace the copper plate.
|Neck Ohm Reading:||16K*|
|Bridge Ohm Reading:||17.2K*|
|Neck Polarity:||Hum Cancelling - Use 2-Conductor With Shield if buying a Single|
|Bridge Polarity:||Hum Cancelling - Use 2-Conductor With Shield if buying a Single|
|Wire:||USA-Made 43-Gauge Single Poly Nylon|
|Recommended Pot Value:||500K|
Due to the unique design of this pickup, ohm readings are not very useful. Compare our stock output to the output of a P90.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster? The Hum-Cancelling Steel Pole Jazzmaster is a Hum-Cancelling P90 in a Jazzmaster cover. They are different pickup designs and tones. This pickup will have a much larger midrange, harder and more aggressive highs, and much more output.
- What output do I choose? Our most popular set is the Stock Neck & Bridge. Going with a +5% output from Stock will thicken and darken the tone. Going with a -5% will clean up and reduce the midrange, making it sound more articulate and clear.
- What’s the String Spacing? 52mm.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble side when you push the High E string down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Hum-Cancelling Steel-Pole Jazzmaster Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Hum-Cancelling Steel-Pole Jazzmaster? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.