$145.00 – $290.00
The Fralin Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster gives you fat, sparkly Jazzmaster tone with no hum. Made with all USA-Made parts and wound and assembled by hand in Richmond, VA.
BEEF UP YOUR JAZZMASTER, AND KILL THE HUM.
Love your Jazzmaster’s tone, but hate the hum? Our Lindy Fralin Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster pickups are the pickups for you. Our Pickups feature a 2-coil design located on either side of AlNiCo V magnets for a smooth, fat tone. You can expect traditional Jazzmaster tone -thicker and darker, and best of all – hum-free!
HUM CANCELLING JAZZMASTER FEATURES:
- Original Fender specifications, original Lindy Fralin design
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Noiseless operation in all positions
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- USA-Made Injection Molded Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
HUM CANCELLING JAZZMASTER SOUND:
Thick, warm, with a round top end. Fralin Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster pickups have a round bottom end, with smooth highs. Expect a thicker and darker midrange. Single notes will sound large and round, and chords will sound thick and compressed. Clean tones are warm and rich, distortion tones will be creamy and silky. We can overwind this model by 5% to give you more output, and a darker and beefier tone. If buying a set, you’ll notice the Neck and Bridge are equal in volume, due to a compensated amount of turns per pickup.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster Pickups consist of a precision injection mold and USA-Made wire. We use smooth-sounding USA-Made magnets to make this model clear and balanced. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
For a Hum-Cancelling P90 version, we offer this pickup as a Hum-Cancelling Steel Pole Jazzmaster. Check it out.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Standard Jazzmaster? No Hum, of course! Other than that, not much. It’s very clean, clear, and articulate. The midrange might be a little bigger, and the highs might be slightly softer in the Hum-Cancelling version.
- How do you orient the pickup? The D magnet will be the tallest magnet – so the leads come out of the “treble” side.
- What’s the String Spacing? 52mm.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? We don’t offer wiring diagrams for the Jazzmaster, but you can find them all over the place on the internet. White is Hot, Black and Shield is ground.
You might need to rout out a bit of wood to make these pickups fit. Some customers were required to rout about 1/16″ – 1/8″ from their pickup cavities. On American Vintage Reissue Guitars (AVRI), you’ll need to lift the Copper Plate, rout some of the wood (1/8″ – 1/4″), and replace the copper plate.
Wound by hand with 42 Gauge SPN Wire. Built by hand with Alnico 5 Magnets.
Our Stock Neck reads about 8.6K, our Stock Bridge reads about 10K.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!