BEEF UP YOUR JAZZMASTER, AND Kill The Hum.
Our Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster Pickups are perfect for those who love the Jazzmaster tone, but hate the added hum. Our 2-coil design is on either side of AlNiCo V magnets for a smooth, fat tone. You can expect traditional Jazzmaster tone -thicker and darker, and best of all – hum-free!
- Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster Tone with a thick midrange and clear, open highs
- Dark, Thick, and Warm
- AlNiCo V magnets for a smooth tone
- Hand-wound with American made Magnets and Wire
- Assembled by hand, one at a time
Thick, warm, with a round top end. Fralin Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster pickups have a round bottom end, with smooth highs. Expect a thicker and darker midrange. Single notes will sound large and round, and chords will sound thick and compressed. Clean tones are warm and rich, distortion tones will be creamy and silky. We can overwind this model by 5% to give you more output, and a darker and beefier tone. If buying a set, you’ll notice the Neck and Bridge are equal in volume, due to a compensated amount of turns per pickup.
For a Hum-Cancelling P90 version, we offer this pickup as a Hum-Cancelling Steel Pole Jazzmaster. Check it out.
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Standard Jazzmaster? No Hum, of course! Other than that, not much. It’s very clean, clear, and articulate. The midrange might be a little bigger, and the highs might be slightly softer in the Hum-Cancelling version.
- How do you orient the pickup? The D magnet will be the tallest magnet – so the leads come out of the “treble” side.
- What’s the String Spacing? 52mm.
- How far away do the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. Ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? We don’t offer wiring diagrams for the Jazzmaster, but you can find them all over the place on the internet. White is Hot, Black and Shield is ground.
You might need to rout out a bit of wood to make these pickups fit. Some customers were required to rout about 1/16″ – 1/8″ from their pickup cavities.