$100.00 – $200.00
Take the tone of your Jazzmaster to the next level with a set of Fralin Jazzmaster Pickups. We have two winding options: choose between clean and clear to thick and beefy. All USA-Made, assembled & wound by hand.
GIVE YOUR JAZZMASTER A LEG-UP.
You know the tone of the famous Jazzmaster. Its unique pickup design gives the guitar a completely unique sound. Unlike a Tele or a Strat, the Jazzmaster is famous for having a large, flat coil, and shorter magnets. These unique attributes change the tonal characteristics of this pickup. To give our pickups a balance of clarity and output, we hand-build and wind them using our “sectioning” technique.
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
You can expect a larger-than-life, thick tone that is well-balanced across the spectrum. Expect enhanced clarity, definition, and pick-attack. Lows are loud and clear. Highs have a round top-end, without the sharpness found in other guitars. Single notes will have a nice, solid sonic footprint without sounding thin. We use 42-gauge Heavy Formvar wire and AlNiCo V magnets to give this pickup a beefy, thick tone that you will love. Depending on which output you choose, the tone will change. If you want the cleanest tone, opt for Stock output. If you want something a little darker and thicker, go for the +5% Output.
It all starts here: Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. These Jazzmaster Pickups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
We also make this model in a Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster Set, and a Steel Pole Set, for P90 tone in a Jazzmaster.
- Which Output should I choose? For a thinner, clearer sound with pronounced top-end and a clear bottom end, opt for the -5% underwind. For a thicker, beefier tone with darker highs and stronger lows, opt for the +5% overwind. This will increase the output of the pickup by 5%, decrease the highs by 5%, and boost the mids by 5%.
- What’s the difference between Single-Coil Jazzmaster and Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster pickups? The Hum-Cancelling Jazzmasters tend to have a slightly thicker and darker midrange. They also have a bit more output. Both sound clean and clear.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? We don’t have any Jazzmaster wiring diagrams at the moment. You can find a bunch of them on the internet. Our White lead is Hot, and our Black lead is Ground.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!