$159.00 – $318.00
Are you seeking for the purest Jazzmaster tone – but can’t stand 60-Cycle hum? Discover why our Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster pickups are the perfect pickups for you. Hum Cancelling Jazzmasters feature a unique 2-coil design located on either side of AlNiCo V magnets for a smooth, fat tone and the ultimate hum-free performance.
Pure Jazzmaster Tone, Zero Jazzmaster Hum.
Want to learn more about our Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster? Here's all the information you'll need:
Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster FEATURES:
- Original Lindy Fralin design!
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge output for even volume across all pickups
- Unique 2-Coil design for noiseless operation in all positions
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- USA-Made Injection Molded Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Improve the tone of your Jazzmaster today with our Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster pickups. Whether you are a professional recording artist or a local hero, you understand the importance of getting rid of that pesky hum. Hum Cancelling pickups from other manufacturers always fall short of that real Jazzmaster tone, but at Fralin Pickups, we have the perfect solution. Lindy’s unique hum-canceling design provides you with the purest single-coil tone you can get out of a hum-free pickup.
Our Hum Cancelling Jazzmasters features a clear, round bottom end, with smooth and sparkly highs. Expect a balanced and clear midrange with an excellent string definition. You’ll love the familiar Fender pick attack as single notes sound clear and round, and chords will sound warm and defined.
Do you play clean? If so, you’ll find this set’s tone incredibly beautiful as the USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets supply plenty of Fender sparkle. Playing with distortion will yield creamy, silky tones with a smooth, late breakup. We can overwind this model by 5% to give you more output and a darker and beefier tone – ask for it in the “Notes” field.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster Pickups consist of a precision injection mold and USA-Made wire. We use smooth-sounding USA-Made magnets to make this model clear and balanced. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time, using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
This pickup is hum cancelling and features reversible polarity if purchased with 2-Conductor With Shield Lead. You might need to rout out a bit of wood to make these pickups fit. Some customers were required to rout about 1/16" - 1/8" from their pickup cavities. On American Vintage Reissue Guitars (AVRI), you'll need to lift the Copper Plate, rout some of the wood (1/8" - 1/4"), and replace the copper plate.
|Neck Ohm Reading:||8.8K*|
|Bridge Ohm Reading:||10K*|
|Neck Polarity:||Hum Cancelling. Reversible with 2-Conductor With Shield Lead|
|Bridge Polarity:||Hum Cancelling. Reversible with 2-Conductor With Shield Lead|
|Magnets:||USA-Made Alnico 5|
|Coil:||USA-Made 42-Gauge Single Poly Nylon|
|Recommended Pot Value:||500K**|
* Due to the unique design of this pickup, Ohm readings are not useful when comparing to different models | **Experiment with different pot values for a different tone
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Standard Jazzmaster? No Hum, of course! Other than that, not much. It’s very clean, clear, and articulate. The midrange might be a little bigger, and the highs might be slightly softer in the Hum-Cancelling version.
- How do you orient the pickup? The D magnet will be the tallest magnet – so the leads come out of the “treble” side.
- What’s the String Spacing? 52mm.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8? on the bass string, and 1/16? on the treble string, when the High E string is pushed down at highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? We don’t offer wiring diagrams for the Jazzmaster, but you can find them all over the place on the internet. White is Hot, Black and Shield is ground.
Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
Trying to leave a review for our Hum-Cancelling Jazzmaster? Leave one here.