ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC PICKUPS, NOW ON STEROIDS.
We all love the sound of a screaming P-90 Pickup. It’s been used on countless records and countless guitarists rely on it to give them that aggressive tone they’re after. It’s Rock & Roll, Jazz, R&B, Funk, Blues, and Country all rolled into one. At Fralin Pickups, our P-90’s are given a healthy dose of USA-Made Parts and wound by hand, one at a time to deliver what you love most: amazing, unforgettable tone. This pickup is out standard P-90, now offered in a Humbucker Cover. Our stock set has a Stock Bridge and a -10% Neck. This calibrates the set to have the same output. If you would like to customize this option, please see below for a more detailed description.
- Adjustable Pole Pieces for Fine-Tuning Single String Balance
- Size Will Fit Any Humbucker Routed Guitar
- AlNiCo Bar Magnets for a Smooth Tone
- Wound with 42-Gauge Wire to specification
- Our Bridge is reverse-wound to give you Hum-Cancelling in the Middle Position
- USA-Made Parts
Fralin P-90’s have a huge, fat, midrange tone. You can expect a clear, present, round bottom-end, and a sharp, aggressive top-end, with a clear, fat midrange in-between. Our P-90’s have that undeniable thick Single-Coil tone, with a warm low end and a fat top end. Single notes have a punchy, thick sonic footprint and have great sustain. Chords break up nicely with a slight compression and great note separation. Fralin P-90’s offer undeniable clarity and definition while remaining strong, fat, thick, and punchy.
- Our Stock Set is a Stock bridge and -10% Neck.
- Each additional 5% added (+5%) will give you 5% more mids, and 5% less highs. It’s thicker, with more output. Higher output pickups have more compression and are beefier sounding
- Each 5% subtracted (-5%) will clean up the pickup nicely, giving it a clearer, more open sound. This will add 5% more highs and take away some midrange for a nice “scooped” sound. Lower output pickups have more articulation and are generally more dynamicthan higher output pickups.
- We customize our pickups from our Stock Set. If you choose (-5%) on the NECK position, you will be getting a -15% Neck.
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements (Coil tapping, Phase Reverse or Series / Parallel).
- 2-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Phase Reverse needs.
Choosing The Cover:
The P-90 in a Humbucker cover requires a cover. Shiny Black and Gold will be $5 per pickup.