Instant Thunder, Instant Brilliance.
We know what you love about your P-Bass. That’s why we don’t take any of that away: we only give you more. We use USA-Made AlNiCo V magnets and 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar wire to give an era-authentic 50’s tone, only thicker. Fralin P-Bass Pickups offer a significant upgrade. At Fralin Pickups, we believe the best sound comes from the the highest quality materials available, not fancy gimmicks.
Original Fender specifications, with modern output
- Superb articulation for clean and clear tone
Designed to be even across all frequencies
USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Fralin P-Bass Pickups are like our J-Bass® Replacements: they have a huge fat tone. Fralin P-Bass Pickups are fat, punchy, and round. The lows are deep and rich, and the highs are sweet and clear. The first thing you’ll notice when you install these pickups is how you can hear more of your P-Bass. You’ll hear an extended low-end and a rounder top-end. These pickups are very vintage sounding, but with modern power.
- For an era-authentic 50’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”, or, choose “N/A” under output preference
- For a thicker midrange and less highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- For an even thicker tone than the +5%, you can opt for +10%. This is perfect for anyone looking for an aggressively strong midrange and dark tone. Perfect for balancing out a bright sounding bass.
- If you’re looking for a little cleaner tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.
- What output do I choose? Good question. For the most balanced tone between highs and lows, go to the Stock Output, which is a replica of the earliest P-Basses. If you’re looking for a thicker and darker tone, opt for the +5% Output. If you’re looking for a cleaner and more articulate sound, opt for the -5% output.
- How do I orient the pickup? We always recommend installing with the Black Lead coming out of the treble side.
- Do you have Foam or Mounting Plates? As it turns out we don’t. You can use the styrofoam wrap the pickup was shipped in to mount the pickup – we use that all the time.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!