5-String Jazz Bass
$115.00 – $230.00
The Lindy Fralin 5-String Jazz Bass replacement is perfect for bass players looking to get more definition, clarity, and thunder out of their 5-String Jazz Bass.
Clarity meets Bass.
Want to learn more about our 5-String Jazz Bass? Here's all the information you'll need:
5-String Jazz Bass FEATURES:
- 60’s Fender specifications, built for 5-String Jazz Basses
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and clarity
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Our 5-String Jazz Bass Pickups feature a huge-sounding bottom-end and clarity. We wind these Lindy Fralin Jazz Bass Replacements to 60’s specifications, using top-of-the-line materials to give you a clear, open tone: all across the board. Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control.
These 5-String Jazz Bass Pickups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
Fralin 5-String Jazz Bass Pickups offer a wide tonal range. They are wound to 60’s Specifications, which give them more output and balance. Expect a sweeter tone, with a warm midrange. Also, you’ll hear top-end sparkle and clarity. Nuances will come to life as you notice increased presence. They will break up late and stay clean longer.
Our Pickups are dynamic – they’ll get punchy if you dig into them. They’ll have top-end spank when you slap them. You’ll also notice they’ll stay soft and dynamic when you play light. Finally, these Jazz Bass Pickups are for those who are not happy with the tone from stock pickups. These tend to be sweeter-sounding, not aggressive. You’ll wonder why you didn’t make the switch earlier.
We offer (3) winding options to help you determine the perfect tone:
- For an era-authentic 60’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”, or, choose “N/A” under output preference
- For a thicker midrange and less highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- If you’re looking for a little cleaner tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.
|Neck Ohm Reading:||9.6K|
|Bridge Ohm Reading:||10.1K|
|Neck String Spacing:||17mm|
|Bridge String Spacing:||17.5mm|
|Neck Polarity:||Clockwise Coil Direction, North To Strings|
|Bridge Polarity:||Counter-Clockwise Coil Direction, South To Strings|
|Magnets:||USA-Made Alnico 5|
|Wire:||USA-Made 42-Gauge Single Poly Nylon|
|Recommended Pot Value:||250K|
- What output do I choose? Good question. For the most balanced tone between highs and lows, go to the Stock Output, which is a replica of the earliest Jazz Basses. If you’re looking for a thicker and darker tone, opt for the +5% Output. If you’re looking for a cleaner and more articulate sound, opt for the -5% output.
- What does “Raised Centers” mean? This all refers to your fingerboard radius. If you have a Vintage radius (7.25″ – 9″), you might want to go with Raised Centers. If you have a flatter radius, keep it stock.
- What Pots should I use? 250K.
- How do I orient the pickup? The leads come out of the treble side.
- Do you have Foam or Mounting Plates? As it turns out we don’t. You can use the styrofoam wrap the pickup was shipped in to mount the pickup – we use that all the time.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
5-String Jazz Bass Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our 5-String Jazz Bass? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
GET IT PREWIRED:
Go the extra mile and combine our 5-String Jazz Bass with a Jazz Bass Control Plate!:
Trying to leave a review for our 5-String Jazz Bass? Leave one here.