Fralin Jazz Bass Pickups are fat, loud, punchy, and clear. They have articulation and definition not found in other manufacturers’ pickups. We use all USA-Made parts, and wind and build them one at a time by hand.
'60s Jazz Bass - Captured.
Want to learn more about our Jazz Bass? Here's all the information you'll need:
Jazz Bass FEATURES:
Our Jazz Bass Pickups feature Hand-Built bobbins and hand-wound clarity. Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. These Jazz Bass Pickups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- 60’s Fender specifications, with modern output
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and clarity
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Tonal Graph for Jazz Bass:
The tone graph below for our Jazz Bass features Lows, Midrange, Highs, and general Output.
Attack: Dynamic & Full
Fralin Jazz Bass Pickups offer a wide tonal range. They are wound to 60’s Specifications, which give them more output and balance. Expect a sweeter tone, with a warm midrange. Also, you’ll hear top-end sparkle and clarity. Nuances will come to life as you notice increased presence. They will break up late and stay clean longer.
Are you looking for a Hum Cancelling Jazz Bass pickup that actually sounds like a Jazz Bass? Check out our Split Jazz!
Our Pickups are dynamic – they’ll get punchy if you dig into them. They’ll have top-end spank when you slap them. You’ll also notice they’ll stay soft and dynamic when you play light. Finally, these Jazz Bass Pickups are for those who are not happy with the tone from stock pickups. These tend to be sweeter-sounding, not aggressive. You’ll wonder why you didn’t make the switch earlier.
We offer (3) winding options to help you determine the perfect tone:
- For an era-authentic 60’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”, or, choose “N/A” under output preference
- For a thicker midrange and fewer highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- For an even thicker tone than the +5%, you can opt for +10%. This is perfect for anyone looking for an aggressively strong midrange and dark tone. Perfect for balancing out a bright sounding bass.
- If you’re looking for 70’s Jazz Bass tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.
See below for the estimated DCR and Polarity Information for our Jazz Bass.
|Neck Ohm Reading:||8.5K 1|
|Bridge Ohm Reading:||9K 1|
|Magnet Wire:||USA-Made 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar|
|Magnet Material:||USA-Made Alnico 5|
|Bobbin Material:||USA-Made Stamped Fiberboard|
|String Spacing (Neck):||20mm*|
|String Spacing (Bridge):||21mm*|
|Recommended Cap Value:||0.02mfd 2|
1 Ohm Readings can vary due to a multitude of factors, including ambient temperature, multimeter calibration, different wire batches, and other factors. Due to this, ohm readings are approximate. Learn more about Ohm Readings here.
2 We recommend a 0.02mfd Cap Value on most guitar and bass pickups. The exception is a Magic Cap, which Lindy prefers on the Bridge Pickup of Fender® guitars only. Learn More about Caps Here.
*String spacing is measured between the center of each set of poles.
Jazz Bass FAQ's
Here are quick answers to common questions we get:
What Ohm Readings does your Jazz Bass have?
Navigate to our Tech Specs tab for complete Ohm Readings and more useful information.
Will this pickup fit my instrument?
Check our "Sizing" tab for the size of the pickup. No Sizing tab? Check under the product image gallery for dimensions.
Is your Lead Time of 1 Week accurate?
It really depends on the shop capacity at the moment, and the size of your order. Feel free to give us a call for an accurate lead time. We always try to underpromise and overdeliver.
What pickup height do you recommend setting your Jazz Basss to?
Our recommended Pickup Height is 1/8" (3.175mm) on the Bass Side and 1/16"( 1.5875mm) on the Treble Side. Measure by holding the corresponding side down at its highest fret and measure from the bottom of the string to the top of the pole piece.
GET IT PREWIRED
Go the extra mile and combine our Jazz Bass with a Jazz Bass Control Plate!:
Reviews we worked hard for, and are proud of