GIVE YOUR JAZZ BASS A FACELIFT.
Our Jazz Bass Pickups feature Hand-Built Bobbins, and Hand-Wound clarity. Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. These Jazz Bass Pickups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup, and prevent microphonics.
Did you know? We offer this pickup in a Hum-Cancelling Version – our Split Jazz Bass for noiseless operation.
- 60’s Fender specifications, with modern output
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and clarity
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
We offer (3) winding options to help you determine the perfect tone:
- For an era-authentic 60’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”, or, choose “N/A” under output preference
- For a thicker midrange and less highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- For an even thicker tone than the +5%, you can opt for +10%. This is perfect for anyone looking for an aggressively strong midrange and dark tone. Perfect for balancing out a bright sounding bass.
- If you’re looking for 701’s Jazz Bass tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.
stock Output Tone:
- What output do I choose? Good question. For the most balanced tone between highs and lows, go to the Stock Output, which is a replica of the earliest Jazz Basses. If you’re looking for a thicker and darker tone, opt for the +5% Output. If you’re looking for a cleaner and more articulate sound, opt for the -5% output.
- What does “Raised Centers” mean? This all refers to your fingerboard radius. If you have a Vintage radius (7.25″ – 9″), you might want to go with Raised Centers. If you have a flatter radius, keep it stock.
- What Pots should I use? 250K.
- How do I orient the pickup? The leads come out of the treble side.
- Do you have Foam or Mounting Plates? As it turns out we don’t. You can use the styrofoam wrap the pickup was shipped in to mount the pickup – we use that all the time.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!