Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard
Transform your HSS Stratocaster into the powerhouse of your dreams with our HSS Prewired Strat Pickguard. Instantly achieve world-class Fralin tone and discover what you’ve been missing. Expertly crafted using the highest-quality materials possible, we guarantee that our HSS Prewired Strat Pickguard will inspire you for years to come.
Jump to Sound Clips and Product Info:
Fully prewired and assembled and includes a set of Knobs, a Matching Switch Tip, and Mounting Hardware.
Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard INFO:
Want to learn more about our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard FEATURES:
At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound your best. With our Prewired HSS Pickguard, you can rest assured that you will have the best-sounding pickups available, with the highest-quality parts on the market. And the best part? You get to design it. We guarantee that the unique tone and look will continue to empower you to sound your best.
- Designed by you, expertly crafted by us: the ultimate “Build Your Own” Stratocaster Pickguard
- USA-Made pickups & electronics for superior quality and tone
- Hand-wired with USA-Made vintage cloth lead for a traditional look
- Fully customize your appearance, tone, and wiring for a truly personalized HSS Strat Pickguard
- Hand-assembled signed and dated by our pickguard craftsman
- Backed by our 10-year warranty on materials and craftsmanship
Sound & Look
You get to design your Prewired HSS Pickguard to your liking, from the ground up. Choose your desired pickups, pickguard look, and wiring. Are you confused about any of the options? Contact Us, and we’ll walk you through it. To help you get started, here are some popular combinations that are guaranteed to sound amazing:
- Blues Special Neck & Middle, Pure PAF Bridge
- Vintage Hot Neck & Middle, Pure PAF Bridge
- Vintage Hot Neck & Middle, Big Single 42 Bridge
- Steel Pole 42 Neck & Middle, Pure PAF Bridge
- Steel Pole 43 Neck & Middle, Modern PAF Bridge
HSS Strat Pickguards can sound a bit daunting, as getting Single Coils and Humbuckers to play nicely can be tricky. Rest assured, we’ll help you craft your dream pickguard and work some magic behind the scenes to ensure all positions are inspiring.
CHOOSE YOUR PICKGUARD:
Our USA-Made Pickguards are some of the best in the industry and will fit most Strats*. These are USA-Made standard 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards. We have them available in the following styles and colors for HSS:
*Be sure to check your Stratocaster to make sure how many mounting holes you have
CHOOSE YOUR KNOB AND COVER COLOR:
We have White, Parchment (Aged White), Mint Green, and Black covers and Knobs available. Note: we only have plastic knobs available.
We have a ton of add-ons available for your pickguard. Want to coil-split your bridge pickup? How about our Volume Kit? Need new pickguard screws? Just let us know!
Complete your look with a matching backplate for your Strat. We have matching backplates for all of our pickguard colors.
Customize your pickguard’s wiring by selecting between two powerful wiring options. Select between Fralin Pickups Wiring and Standard Stratocaster® Wiring.
Fralin Pickups Wiring features an intuitive layout: a Master Volume, Master Tone, and a Blender Pot. The Blender Pot delivers incredible versatility by allowing you to combine the Neck and Bridge, for Telecaster-type tones, and more. Fralin Pickups wiring is Lindy’s favorite way to wire a Stratocaster.
Standard Stratocaster Wiring delivers a classic take on the Strat – a Master Volume, Neck & Middle Tone, and a separate Bridge Tone. This wiring allows you to select multiple cap values for a bit more tone versatility.
Custom Requests can be made using the “notes” field.
- How long will my Pickguard take? Since we’re building it from scratch, give us about 7-10 days to put it together. We will always try to get it out beforehand.
- Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? As it turns out, No. You can purchase an inexpensive pickguard, and you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your pickguard. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid pickguard holding everything together.
- Can I return my Pickguard? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all pickguard sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What output should I choose? For simplicity, we’re keeping out outputs the stock outputs, but you can always request something different. Let us know in the notes field.
- What Pots should I use? Most of the time, 250K Split Shaft pots will work best for guitars with single-coil pickups and plastic knobs. If you have metal knobs at home, go with Solid Shaft Pots.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
- What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It doesn’t roll off highs as much as it seems to boost the mids. This works well on the bridge pickup only.
- What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all three pickups on with a Blender Pot.
- Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have a metal shielding that connects all of the metal parts; thus we don’t need to use jumper wires.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world!
Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible. If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
Hi. I want to order a HSS prewired set. How can I get a Gold colour for the Sunbucker on the bridge? Thankyou
Q Hi. I want to order a HSS prewired set. How can I get a Gold colour for the Sunbucker on the brid...... Read moreA
Hey Simon - you sure can - just select "Gold" as the cover option. We don't have Gold slugs, but we have gold screws - so, I recommend selecting a cover.
Will the HSS prewired pickguard fit into a Charvel CX290, which has the narrow string spacing?
Q Will the HSS prewired pickguard fit into a Charvel CX290, which has the narrow string spacing?A
Hey Steven, good question - our pickguards are designed to fit on American and Mexican-made Strats. You might have an issue with the neck pocket and bridge, but worst-case scenario, you might need to modify the pickguard or simply transfer our wiring / electronics to an existing pickguard.
My Strat has custom shop fat 50s pick ups in it and they sound amazing… I want to put a traditional sounding PAF in the bridge position. Could you recommend the pickups that are closest to what I’m after? Also, I am open to suggestions if you think that wouldn’t work for some reason, sound wise or balance wise Thank you much!
Q My Strat has custom shop fat 50s pick ups in it and they sound amazing… I want to put a tradition...... Read moreA
Hey Matthew, thanks for your question. The Fat 50's are closest to our Vintage Hots. For the Bridge, I suggest an 8K (Stock Output) Pure P.A.F. We can use resistors on the Neck and Middle so they balance well tonally.
Can I get the Fender HSS loaded pick guard with the trem cutout for a Floyd Rose? I have a Fender HSS that came with a Floyd Rose from the factory and it needs a wider notch that the regular Fender trem cutout.
Q Can I get the Fender HSS loaded pick guard with the trem cutout for a Floyd Rose? I have a Fender...... Read moreA
Hey Jason, we don't have those pickguards in stock, but you can mail one to us if you'd like. I'd recommend placing the order for what you want and use the "notes" field on the checkout screen to tell us you're mailing us a pickguard. We'll hold your order until the pickguard arrives, and wire it up custom when it does.
Hey! Is is possible to order the humbucker-sized P90 in this HSS set? Thanks
Q Hey! Is is possible to order the humbucker-sized P90 in this HSS set? ThanksA
Hey Richard, yes - you can! Simply use the "Notes" field on the product page to request. Please note that the P90 in a Humbucker Cover is only available in 50mm.
Note:Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site
Hey!Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.
Reviews we worked hard for, and are proud of.
30 Genuine Reviews for Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard
Add a review
Leave a review for our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard
NOTES ON COLOR:
- Please note that while we strive to provide the most accurate color representation possible, different computer monitors, manufacturer dye lots, and other circumstances may prevent the color from matching perfectly.
- Since we cannot guarantee color matching, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the color matching of our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired HSS Strat Pickguard. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.
Being a professional sax player and only a learning guitarist (6 or 7rs in) I’m somewhat new to the in’s and out’s of the guitar world. Loving more and more the overall stratocaster vibe, I wanted to get the MIM strat I have cranking instead of buying a pro one, and was recommended Fralin pickups (and in particular the Blues Specials) by a killer guitarist I have played with a lot in Mexico (Bernardo Ron). They do not disappoint! Having the good fortune to have access to top horns I can only so that playing my strat is now akin to playing a Selmer Mark 6 or Cannonball Adderly era Super 20 King, it’s an instrument as it should be with all the beauty that that implies, and if it doesn’t sound good it’s all on you.
Thanks guys, great great work!
I ordered high-output strat in neck, steel pole 43 in middle, modern PAF in bridge. The high-output strat in the neck position sounds amazing with some overdrive through my hand-wired AC15, I mean better than any guitar I have ever played. The modern PAF sounds awesome with distortion, ie RAT type pedals. All also sound excellent clean.
The only reason I would say 4 stars is the pickguard, which has a noticeable gap around the covered humbucker, more than what I would consider normal. Will need to replace it at some point.
I sincerely could not be happier with my Fralin purchase. I happened upon a set of Pure PAFs at a great local shop and threw them in a gifted and inexpensive guitar and was so impressed that I turned to Fralin for my Strat upgrade project. Beautiful solid pick-guard pre-wired with Blues in the neck, Real 54’s in the middle, and a pure PAF split-able humbucker in the bridge. Ability to select each pot and customize them was made silly-easy with the experts at Fralin doing all the wiring for me. I’ve been playing my Strat (to the detriment of my other guitars) almost exclusively for the past 2 months now and DAILY I am impressed with these pups, always finding new and beautiful tone in the positions and tone/volume knobs. Fralin pickups are worth every penny!!!
Best! Turned my strat into the machine it was meant to be
Pros: Too many to list here. I’m sure I haven’t even discovered all the pros yet. Cons: Now I want Fralins in all my guitars. (IoW: I can’t think of any cons.) Stop reading reviews and start your order. 🙂
Great communication and customer service.
Worth it! Turned an average strat into a legend. Worth every penny
Great Quality and Easy Install
I have been so impressed with my prewired pickguard. Also very happy with the professional communication when they wanted to run something by me to make sure that I was getting exactly what I wanted. Install was super easy and my guitar sounds wonderful! Would definitely recommend.
Quality, Tone and Customer Service!!!
There’s no question of the tone and quality of Fralin’s work. That is proven time and again with each product I buy. Coupled with professionalism and respect and patience and communication is a recipe for the ultimate customer experience!!! Thank you all at Fralin!!! I’ll be back four more soon!!!
The pickups sound great and have the tone we were looking for but the push-pull pot is really difficult to actuate and your fingers slip off the dial subsequently – otherwise all good