Customizable Prewired Split Blade Pickguard
$380.00 – $400.00
Our Prewired Split Blade Pickguard is the perfect product for anyone who wants the noiseless Strat tone, instantly. We use the finest materials available: from CTS® Pots, USA-Made Pickguards, and CRL® Switches. With easy installation, you can be sporting a new look and the best tone you can find – all with our Prewired Split Blade Pickguard.
PREWIRED PICKGUARDS – The Fralin Way.
At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound better. With our Prewired Split Blade Pickguard, you can rest assured that you will have the best sounding pickups available, with the highest quality parts on the market.
Customize your pickguard exactly how you want it, and we’ll make it to your specifications. Don’t sweat about installation – it’s super easy to install. All you need to do is solder a few wires, screw it in, string it up, and you’re off rocking!
Here’s how to get it going:
CHOOSE YOUR PICKGUARD
We use the finest-quality USA-made pickguards available. These are standard 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards. This model will fit most Mexican-Made and USA-Made Standard Stratocasters®. We have them available in the following styles and colors:
- Single Ply White (8-hole vintage style)
- Single Ply Black (8-hole vintage style)
- Mint Green
- White Pearloid
- Parchment Pearloid
CHOOSE YOUR PICKUPS
With the Prewired Split Blade pickguard, you can choose any combination of pickups you would like, depending on what sound you are going after. Our most popular sets are calibrated sets – all three of the same output. However, if you wanted a higher-output bridge, you can do that too.
Vintage Output and High Output sounds best on 250K pots. Blues Output and Super High Output work best with 500K pots. We don’t necessarily recommend mixing Blues and Vintage – they will seem sound noticeably different. See below for a handy chart:
CHOOSE YOUR WIRING
You can customize your wiring as well! Here are some popular combinations:
- Master Tone with a Blender Pot
- Neck & Middle Tone, with separate Bridge Tone
- Master Tone 1 (.02 Cap) and Master Tone 2 (Magic Cap)
CHOOSE YOUR ADD-ONS
We have White, Parchment (Aged White), Mint Green, and Black Knobs available. Furthermore, we have Matching Backplates to complete your look of your Prewired Split Blade Pickguard
- How long will my Pickguard take? Since we’re building it from scratch, give us about one to two weeks to put it together. We will always try to get it out beforehand.
- Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? As it turns out, No. Simply purchase an inexpensive pickguard, and you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your own pickguard. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid pickguard holding everything together.
- Can I return my Pickguard? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all pickguard sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What Pots should I use? Most of the time, 250K Split Shaft pots will work best for guitars with single-coil pickups and plastic knobs. With Vintage Output & High Output Split Blades, you may like 300K pots for additional brightness. If you have metal knobs at home, go with Solid Shaft Pots.
- What if I don’t see exactly what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you want anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
- What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It doesn’t roll off highs as much as it seems to boost the mids. This really works well on the bridge pickup only.
- What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all 3 pickups on with a Blender pot.
- Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have a metal shielding that connects all of the metal parts together, thus we don’t need to use jumper wires.
STEP 6: INSTALL
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world! Also, download our installation guide here.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!