Lindy Fralin P-Bass Pickups are clean, clear, and articulate. They are designed to enhance everything you’ve come to love about your P-Bass: Fat and Punchy with a huge, clear bottom-end.
Capture The '60s.
Want to learn more about our P-Bass? Here's all the information you'll need:
We know what you love about your P-Bass. That’s why we don’t take any of that away: we only give you more. We use USA-Made Alnico V magnets and 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar wire to give an era-authentic 50’s tone, only thicker. Fralin P-Bass Pickups offer a significant upgrade. At Fralin Pickups, we believe the best sound comes from the highest quality materials available, not fancy gimmicks.
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output
- Superb articulation for a clean and clear tone
- Designed to be even across all frequencies
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Tonal Graph for P-Bass:
The tone graph below for our P-Bass features Lows, Midrange, Highs, and general Output.
Attack: Soft & Round
Fralin P-Bass Pickups are like our J-Bass® Replacements: they have a huge fat tone. Fralin P-Bass Pickups are fat, punchy, and round. The lows are deep and rich, and the highs are sweet and clear. The first thing you’ll notice when you install these pickups is how you can hear more of your P-Bass. You’ll hear an extended low-end and a rounder top-end. These pickups are very vintage sounding, but with modern power.
- For an era-authentic 50’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”, or, choose “N/A” under output preference
- For a thicker midrange and fewer highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- For an even thicker tone than the +5%, you can opt for +10%. This is perfect for anyone looking for an aggressively strong midrange and dark tone. Perfect for balancing out a bright sounding bass.
- If you’re looking for a little cleaner tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.
See below for the estimated DCR and Polarity Information for our P-Bass.
|Stock Ohm Reading:||11K 1|
|Magnet Wire Material:||USA-Made 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar|
|Magnet Material:||USA-Made Alnico 5|
|Bobbin Material:||USA-Made Stamped Fiberboard|
|Recommended Cap Value:||0.02mfd 2|
1 Ohm Readings can vary due to a multitude of factors, including ambient temperature, multimeter calibration, different wire batches, and other factors. Due to this, ohm readings are approximate. Learn more about Ohm Readings here.
2 We recommend a 0.02mfd Cap Value on most guitar and bass pickups. The exception is a Magic Cap, which Lindy prefers on the Bridge Pickup of Fender® guitars only. Learn More about Caps Here.
*String spacing is measured between the center of each set of poles.
Here are quick answers to common questions we get:
What Ohm Readings does your P-Bass have?
Navigate to our Tech Specs tab for complete Ohm Readings and more useful information.
Will this pickup fit my instrument?
Check our "Sizing" tab for the size of the pickup. No Sizing tab? Check under the product image gallery for dimensions.
Is your Lead Time of 1 Week accurate?
It really depends on the shop capacity at the moment, and the size of your order. Feel free to give us a call for an accurate lead time. We always try to underpromise and overdeliver.
What pickup height do you recommend setting your P-Basss to?
Our recommended Pickup Height is 1/8" (3.175mm) on the Bass Side and 1/16"( 1.5875mm) on the Treble Side. Measure by holding the corresponding side down at its highest fret and measure from the bottom of the string to the top of the pole piece.
Reviews we worked hard for, and are proud of