$95.00 – $190.00
Fralin Jazz Bass Pickups are fat, loud, punchy, and clear. They have articulation and definition not found in other manufacturers’ pickups. We use all USA-Made parts, and wind and build them one at a time by hand.
GIVE YOUR JAZZ BASS A FACELIFT.
Our Jazz Bass Pickups feature Hand-Built bobbins and hand-wound clarity. Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. These Jazz Bass Pickups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
Did you know? We offer this pickup in a Hum-Cancelling Version – our Split Jazz Bass for noiseless operation.
- 60’s Fender specifications, with modern output
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and clarity
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Fralin Jazz Bass Pickups offer a wide tonal range. They are wound to 60’s Specifications, which give them more output and balance. Expect a sweeter tone, with a warm midrange. Also, you’ll hear top-end sparkle and clarity. Nuances will come to life as you notice increased presence. They will break up late and stay clean longer.
Our Pickups are dynamic – they’ll get punchy if you dig into them. They’ll have top-end spank when you slap them. You’ll also notice they’ll stay soft and dynamic when you play light. Finally, these Jazz Bass Pickups are for those who are not happy with the tone from stock pickups. These tend to be sweeter-sounding, not aggressive. You’ll wonder why you didn’t make the switch earlier.
We offer (3) winding options to help you determine the perfect tone:
- For an era-authentic 60’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”, or, choose “N/A” under output preference
- For a thicker midrange and fewer highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- For an even thicker tone than the +5%, you can opt for +10%. This is perfect for anyone looking for an aggressively strong midrange and dark tone. Perfect for balancing out a bright sounding bass.
- If you’re looking for 70’s Jazz Bass tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.
Stock Output Tone:
- What output do I choose? Good question. For the most balanced tone between highs and lows, go to the Stock Output, which is a replica of the earliest Jazz Basses. If you’re looking for a thicker and darker tone, opt for the +5% Output. If you’re looking for a cleaner and more articulate sound, opt for the -5% output.
- What does “Raised Centers” mean? This all refers to your fingerboard radius. If you have a Vintage radius (7.25″ – 9″), you might want to go with Raised Centers. If you have a flatter radius, keep it stock.
- What Pots should I use? 250K.
- How do I orient the pickup? The leads come out of the treble side.
- Do you have Foam or Mounting Plates? As it turns out, we don’t. You can use the styrofoam wrap the pickup was shipped in to mount the pickup – we use that all the time.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
We use Vintage Specifications. Alnico 5 Magnets. 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar Wire. Hand-made Bobbins. The Stock Output reads 8.4K on the Neck and 8.8K on the Bridge.