$160.00 – $320.00
The Lindy Fralin Unbucker gives you great split-coil and humbucking tones – all in one. The unbalanced Unbucker’s coils give you a stronger single coil tone when split.
Unique Humbucker Design For Coil Splitting
Want to learn more about our Unbucker? Here's all the information you'll need:
- Mis-matched coil turns for a stronger single-coil tone (Screw Coil)
- Scooped midrange with an emphasis on top-end clarity
- AlNiCo IV Magnets for a smooth, rich sound
- Fits any Standard Humbucker or F-Spaced Humbucker routing
- Assembled by hand, one at a time, for impeccable attention to detail
- Compensated Overwound Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
The Lindy Fralin Unbucker is one of our best-selling pickups. We’re known all over the world for incredible sounding Single-Coil and Humbucker pickups. Why not combine them both and get the best of both worlds? The Unbucker provides fantastic Humbucker tones as well as Single-Coil tones. We purposely unbalance the coils to give you a stronger coil when the Unbucker is Split.
Our Stock Set includes a 7.5K Neck and 8.5K Bridge.
Bright and clear, with just the right amount of chime and an open midrange. Our Unbucker features a stronger wound screw coil that gives this pickup a unique tone. Our Unbucker has a similar vibe to our Pure P.A.F. with a more open and airy midrange and top end. Expect outstanding clarity and articulation. When you tap the slug coil, you still achieve a robust single-coil tone. When playing dirty, you’ll get a nice, sharp pick attack and excellent clarity, and a tight and punchy low end. Due to the unbalanced coils, Unbuckers won’t be 100% hum-canceling.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. Doing this gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we assemble each pickup one at a time, by hand. Hand assembling pickups allows us to achieve unbeatable attention to detail. After assembly, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- What’s the difference between this model and the Pure P.A.F.? The Unbucker has slightly more turns per coil and uses a stronger magnet, giving this pickup a warmer and thicker tone than the Pure P.A.F. It also has a bit of scooped mids due to unbalanced coils.
- Can you Coil Tap this model? That’s the whole point! Choose 3-Conductor Lead and use our diagrams here.
- What Lead should I choose? Go with 3-Conductor if all you want to do is coil tap. If you want the maximum options, go with 4-Conductor.
- What Output should I choose? Our most popular set is our 7.5K neck and our 8.5K bridge. If you want a stronger and darker tone, go with a higher output. If you want a clearer and more open tone, go with a lower output.
- What Spacing should I choose? Gibson style instruments use 49.2mm on the neck and bridge. Fender style instruments use a 52mm Bridge and a 50mm neck.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
CHOOSING THE SPACING:
- 49.2mm: Choose this for Gibson Standard Spacing
- 50mm: Fender Neck Spacing
- 52mm: Fender Bridge Spacing
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- 3-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping or Phase Reverse needs.
- 4-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping, Phase Reverse, Series or Parallel needs.
Unbuckers are wound with 42-Gauge Single Poly Nylon Wire. They use USA-Made Alnico 4 Magnets and USA-Made Steel Screws. We use Nickel-Silver Baseplates and Covers.
The Stock Set of Unbuckers reads 7.5K in the Neck and 8.5K in the Bridge. The Neck pickup is comprised of a 4.5K and 3K coil, and the Bridge pickup is comprised of 5K and 3.5K coils. The outputs are compensated and all sets have matched volume.
Sizing & Wiring Diagrams
Unbucker Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Unbucker? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
Trying to leave a review for our Unbucker? Leave one here.