INCREDIBLE FRALIN COIL-Split SOUND.
We’re known all over the world for incredible sounding Single-Coil and Humbucker pickups. Why not combine them both and get the best of both worlds? Our Unbucker is one of our best-selling pickups. It allows for fantastic Humbucker tones, and Split-Coil tones. We unbalance the coils to give you a stronger coil when the Unbucker is Split. Our Stock Set includes a 7.5K Neck and 8.5K Bridge.
- Mis-matched coil turns for a stronger single-coil tone
- AlNiCo IV Magnets for a smooth, rich sound
- Fits any Standard Humbucker or F-Spaced Humbucker routing
- Made and wound with USA-Made Parts by hand in Richmond, VA
Bright and clear, with a good amount of chime and an open midrange. Our Unbucker features a stronger wound screw coil that gives this pickup a unique tone. Our Unbucker sounds like our Pure P.A.F. with a more open and airy midrange and top end. Expect outstanding clarity and articulation. When you tap the slug coil, you’re left with a strong single-coil tone. When playing dirty, you’ll get a nice, sharp pick attack and great clarity, and a tight and punchy low end. Keep in mind that Unbuckers won’t be 100% hum-cancelling due to the mis-matched coils.
- What’s the difference between this model and the Pure P.A.F.? The Unbucker has slightly more turns per coil and uses a stronger magnet, giving this pickup a warmer and thicker tone than the Pure P.A.F.. It also has a bit of scooped mids due to unbalanced coils.
- Can you Coil Tap this model? That’s the whole point! Choose 3-Conductor Lead and use our diagrams here.
- What Lead should I choose? Go with 3-Conductor if all you want to do is coil tap. If you want the maximum options, go with 4-Conductor.
- What Output should I choose? Our most popular set is our 7.5K neck and our 8.5K bridge. If you want a stronger and darker tone, go with a higher output. If you want a clearer and more open tone, go with a lower output.
- What Spacing should I choose? Gibson style instruments use 49.2mm on the neck and bridge. Fender style instruments use a 52mm Bridge and a 50mm neck.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
CHOOSING THE SPACING:
- 49.2mm: Choose this for Gibson Standard Spacing
- 50mm: Fender Neck Spacing
- 52mm: Fender Bridge Spacing
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements (Coil tapping, Phase Reverse or Series / Parallel).
- 3-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping or Phase Reverse needs.
- 4-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping, Phase Reverse, Series or Parallel needs.