INCREDIBLE FRALIN COIL-TAPPED SOUND.
At Fralin Pickups, we’re known all over the world for our great sounding Single-Coil and Humbucker guitar pickups. Why not combine them both and get the best of both worlds? The Fralin Unbucker is one of our best-selling pickups as it allows for great Humbucker guitar tones, with a mis-matched coil configuration to give you a great Single-Coil tone when tapped. Our Stock Set includes a 7.5K Neck and 8.5K Bridge.
- Mis-matched coil turns for a stronger single-coil tone
- AlNiCo IV Magnets for a smooth, rich sound
- Fits any Standard Humbucker or F-Spaced Humbucker routing
- Made and wound with USA-Made Parts by hand in Richmond, VA
Bright, chimey, with a clear, open midrange. The Fralin Unbucker features a stronger wound screw coil that gives this pickup a unique tone. Our Unbucker sounds similar to our Pure P.A.F. with a more open and airy midrange and top end. You’ll get outstanding clarity and articulation with the Fralin Unbucker – something we’re known for. When you tap the slug coil, you’re left with a strong single-coil tone. This pickup is perfect for anyone who wants a little more versatility out of their guitar by coil tapping. When playing dirty, you’ll get a nice, sharp pick attack and great clarity, and a tight and punchy low end.
Since the Unbucker has mis-matched coil turns, you won’t get a 100% hum-cancelling pickup. One can expect a 90% reduction in hum. Our Stock Set utilizes a 7.5K Neck – comprised of a 4.5K and 3K individual coils – and a 8.5K Bridge – comprised of 5K and 3.5K individual coils. We use AlNiCo IV USA-Made Magnets for a really clear and open tone. Plain Enamel Wire. Wound to similar specs of our Pure P.A.F.’s
CHOOSING THE SPACING:
- 49.2mm: Choose this for Gibson Standard Spacing
- 50mm: Fender Neck Spacing
- 52mm: Fender Bridge Spacing
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements (Coil tapping, Phase Reverse or Series / Parallel).
- 3-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping or Phase Reverse needs.
- 4-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping, Phase Reverse, Series or Parallel needs.
CHOOSING COLOR AND COVER OPTIONS:
The Unbucker is available in either No Cover or Covered options. See below for the following:
- Double White (50-52mm Only)
- Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Raw Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Black ($12 Ea)
- Gold ($15 Ea)
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want!