Prewired Pickguards – The Fralin Way
At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound better. The Fralin Prewired Pickguard offers the best tone and highest quality available. We use our world-famous pickups with the best ingredients we can get. We hand-wire our prewired pickguard with painstaking attention to detail. Furthermore, you can customize your pickguard exactly how you want it! With this Prewired Pickguard, you can have famous Fralin tone and ease of mind. All you need to do is solder a few wires, screw it in, string it up, and you’re off rocking!
- The ultimate “Build Your Own” Stratocaster Pickguard
- USA-Made pickups & electronics for superior quality
- Hand-wired with USA-Made vintage cloth lead for a traditional look
- Fully customizable – from appearance to function
- Features a variety of Push – Pull mods for a personalized tone
- Hand-assembled, signed, and dated by our pickguard craftsman
- 10-year warranty on materials and craftsmanship
Step 1: Choose Your Pickguard
We use the finest quality pick guards available, only from Allparts®. These are standard 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards. The following options are available:
We wanted to use the highest-quality, USA-Made pickguards available. We have Single Ply White (8-hole vintage style), 3-Ply White, Mint Green, Parchment, Black, White Pearloid, Parchment Pearloid, and Tortoise.
Step 2: Choose your pickups
With our pickguards, you can choose any combination of pickups you would like. Load in a calibrated set of pickups like our best-selling Vintage Hots or Blues Specials, or mix and match!
Step 3: Choose your Cover Color
Customize your look further with our Strat Pickup Covers. We have White, Parchment (Aged White), Mint Green, and Black covers available.
Step 4: Choose your Pots
You can customize your wiring as well! We’ll wire your pickguard to your specifications. Most of the time, you’re going to use 250K Split Shaft Pots, as these work well with our plastic knobs. If you’re using your own metal knobs with a set-screw, choose Solid Shaft pots. Confused? Check out our in-depth article on pots and how to choose here.
Here are some popular combinations:
- Volume – Master Tone – Blender
- Volume – Neck & Middle Tone – Bridge Tone
- Volume – Master Tone 1 (.02 Cap) – Master Tone 2 (Magic Cap)
Step 5: Choose your add-ons
Complete your look with a matching backplate for your Strat. We have matching backplates for all of our pickguard colors.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pick guard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world! Also, download our installation guide here.
- How long will my Pickguard take? One week on average.
- Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? As it turns out, No. You can transfer all the wiring once you receive it. It’s time consuming and unsafe to ship it without a pickguard.
- Can I return my Pickguard? No. Since these are custom and made to order, all pickguard sales are final. Returns and exchanges are not available.
- What Pots should I use? Most of the time, 250K Split Shaft pots will work best. They are for guitars with single coil pickups and plastic knobs. If you have metal knobs, go with Solid Shaft Pots. To order Solid Shaft Pots, please use the “notes” field on the checkout screen.
- Do you offer Pickguards in Left Handed Configuration? Yes – we only offer them in the following 4 options: White 3 Ply, Black 3-Ply, Parchment 3-Ply, and White Pearloid. Please use the “Notes” field to request Left Hand after you’ve selected your options. Note: We can’t perform common push-pull mods on Left-Handed Pickguards.
- What if I don’t see exactly what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests – we’ll try our best to accomodate you.
- What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It doesn’t roll off highs as much as it seems to boost the mids. This really works well on the bridge pickup only.
- What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all 3 pickups on, and Neck and Bridge combinations with a Blender Pot.
- What does a Baseplate do? A Baseplate is a steel plate that adds a little bit of bass and power to your bridge pickup.
- Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have a metal shielding that connects the metal parts together – we don’t need to use jumper wires.