Prewired Strat Pickguard
Don’t settle for some one-size-fits-all generic pickguard. Design your own with the finest-quality materials in the industry. Our Strat Prewired Pickguards are the perfect product for anyone who wants the Fralin Tone, instantly. We use the finest materials available: from CTS® Pots, USA-Made Pickguards, and CRL® Switches.
Fully prewired and assembled and includes a set of Knobs, a Matching Switch Tip, and Mounting Hardware.
Our Pickups, Your Personality.
Want to learn more about our Prewired Strat Pickguard? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired Strat Pickguard FEATURES:
At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound better. The Fralin Prewired Pickguard offers the best tone and highest quality available. We use our world-famous pickups with the best ingredients we can get. We hand-wire our prewired pickguard with painstaking attention to detail.
Furthermore, you can customize your pickguard exactly how you want it! With this Prewired Pickguard, you can have the famous Fralin tone and ease of mind. All you need to do is solder a few wires, screw it in, string it up, and you’re off rocking!
- The ultimate “Build Your Own” Stratocaster Pickguard
- USA-Made pickups & electronics for superior quality
- Hand-wired with USA-Made vintage cloth lead for a traditional look
- Fully customizable – from appearance to function
- Features a variety of Push-Pull mods for a personalized tone
- Hand-assembled signed and dated by our pickguard craftsman
- 10-year warranty on materials and craftsmanship
Sound & Look
Choose Your Pickguard
We use the finest quality pickguards available. These are standard USA-Made 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards. The following options are available:
We wanted to use the highest-quality, USA-Made pickguards available. We have Single Ply White (8-hole vintage style), 3-Ply White, Mint Green, Parchment, Black, White Pearloid, Parchment Pearloid, and Tortoise.
Please note: that while we try and make every effort to make sure everything matches, different manufacturers and dye lots can cause subtle differences in hue and tone.
Choose your pickups
With our pickguards, you can choose any combination of pickups you would like. Load in a calibrated set of pickups like our best-selling Vintage Hots or Blues Specials, or mix and match!
Choose your Cover Color
Customize your look further with our Strat Pickup Covers. We have Black, Mint Green, Parchment (Aged White), and White covers available.
Customize your pickguard’s wiring by selecting between two powerful wiring options. Select between Fralin Pickups Wiring and Standard Stratocaster® Wiring.
Fralin Pickups Wiring features an intuitive layout: a Master Volume, Master Tone, and a Blender Pot. The Blender Pot delivers incredible versatility by allowing you to combine the Neck and Bridge, for Telecaster-type tones, and more. Fralin Pickups wiring is Lindy’s favorite way to wire a Stratocaster.
Standard Stratocaster Wiring delivers a classic take on the Strat – a Master Volume, Neck & Middle Tone, and a separate Bridge Tone. This wiring allows you to select multiple cap values for a bit more tone versatility.
Custom Requests can be made using the “notes” field.
Complete your look with a matching backplate for your Strat. We have matching backplates for all of our pickguard colors.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world! Follow the Installation Guide below, or watch the video:
Prewired Strat Pickguard Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired Strat Pickguard? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible. If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
Hi, I was wondering if the pre-wired strat pickguard includes shielding on the back of the pickguard to aid with noise? I also plan on shielding my Strat's cavity with copper. In you experience, is this enough to cut out 60-cycle hum? thanks!
Q Hi, I was wondering if the pre-wired strat pickguard includes shielding on the back of the pickgu...... Read moreA
Hey Peter, in our experience, we haven't had much luck with totally shielding the guitar and getting significant results out of it. That said, it shouldn't hurt anything! Our Prewired Pickguards feature shielding on the controls to help "star" ground all electronics. You can certainly add more shielding if you wish.
I wanted to know if getting a split blade only in the bridge was an option. Also, how high is the output relative to the vintage hots and the woodstock. ideally I want a slightly higher output in the bridge as to not get lost in the mix but not an strong enough bump to change the gain structure
Q I wanted to know if getting a split blade only in the bridge was an option. Also, how high is the...... Read moreA
Hey Robert, you can certainly do that. Please do the following:
For a Stratocaster, does your 'Fralin Pickups Wiring' option use 50's wiring with the tone pot after the volume, or modern wiring, with the tone pot before the volume ?
- Select "Split Steel Pole Strat Bridge Upgrade"
- Use the "notes" field on the checkout screen OR product screen to request the split blade. I would recommend the High Output Split Blade.
Q For a Stratocaster, does your 'Fralin Pickups Wiring' option use 50's wiring with the tone pot af...... Read moreA
Hey Gord, we do not use 50's wiring, but we can certainly do so if you request it in the "Notes" field on the checkout screen.
I just installed my new prewired pick guard on my Strat. It sounds but I have a slight buzz when the 5 way switch is in the 1,3, & 5 positions. Is this normal or is there something I can do or check to get rid of it?
- Hi! I play Classic Rock, Blues, Old School R & B, and Jazz Rock Fusion. Before I pull the trigger on pre-wired Strat pickups, I'm concerned about even output on the unwound strings, primarily the high E and B on the bridge pickup and am not sure about what pole pieces would be best. I'd like a hotter bridge single coil (ala Jeff Beck), but without losing the tradition funky/clucky middle Strat tone combinations. Oh, and noiseless?Recommendati... Read more
Q Hi! I play Classic Rock, Blues, Old School R & B, and Jazz Rock Fusion. Before I pull the tri...... Read more
Note:Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site
Hey!Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.
Reviews we worked hard for, and are proud of.
NOTES ON COLOR:
- Please note that while we strive to provide the most accurate color representation possible, different computer monitors, manufacturer dye lots, and other circumstances may prevent the color from matching perfectly.
- Since we cannot guarantee color matching, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the color matching of our Prewired Strat Pickguard.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired Strat Pickguard. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.