YOUR CLASSIC FIREBIRD. UPGRADED AND MAXED-OUT.
Fralin Firebird pickups will breathe new life into your guitar: original or re-issue. Featuring a bouncy, rich, tone, you’re guaranteed great versatility. USA-Made Materials and hand-made quality makes our pickups an improvement over the original design.
- Snappy and Bright bridge pickup
- Warm, rich, and full-sounding neck pickup
- AlNiCo Bar Magnets for a smooth, full-range tone
- Built with USA-Made parts in Richmond, VA.
- Which Output do I choose? We can wind the Neck from from either Stock or +4% output, and the bridge from Stock, +4%, and +8% output. The most popular set is a Stock Neck and +8% Bridge. Adding more winds to the pickup increases the output, midrange, and decreases the highs. Underwinding the pickup will clean it up and make it sound more articulate.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has it’s respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-Style instrument.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm.
- What’s the tonal difference between this pickup and the Mini Big Single? The Mini Big Single is cleaner in the low strings, and slightly beefier on the treble strings. The Firebird definitely has some of the “Humbucker” thing going on – slightly darker wound strings and brighter treble strings.
- What Pot do I use? 500K will give you the brightest tone.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!