PURE 50’S TONE, MODERNIZED.
Lindy’s passion for the tone of vintage 50’s humbuckers led us down the road to design our Mini Humbucker. The Lindy Fralin Mini Humbucker is one amazing-sounding pickup. Lindy modified the design of original Mini Humbuckers, experimenting with winds and magnets. The result gives you a clean vintage tone that’s more articulate than most modern humbuckers. Our Mini Humbucker is lower output, which is more expressive than higher-output designs.
Modified Gibson Design – Re-designed by Lindy Fralin
Modified Gibson® specifications with attention to increased output and clarity
Brighter and more Fendery tone. Smooth, late grind and a crisp attack
USA-made Alnico Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
Compensated Overwound Bridge for even volume across all pickups
Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
We have two magnet choices available. Alnico 5 is bright and clear, and Alnico 6 is louder and thicker. You can choose which magnet you want, either as a set, or individually.
In the above video, the Black Telecaster has an Alnico 6 Magnet in the Bridge, and an Alnico 5 Magnet in the Neck.
- Which Output do I choose? We can wind the Neck from from either Stock or +4% output, and the bridge from Stock, +4%, and +8% output. The most popular set is a Stock Neck and +8% Bridge. Adding more winds to the pickup increases the output, midrange, and decreases the highs. Underwinding the pickup will clean it up and make it sound more articulate.
- What Magnet Do I Choose? Want it clean and clear? Alnico 5. Want it fat and dark? Alnico 6.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has it’s respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-Style instrument.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm, but you can get up to 52mm, on the edges of the screws.
- What’s the tonal difference between this pickup and the Mini Big Single? The Mini Big Single is fatter and beefier. The Mini Humbucker will be cleaner and clearer. It has a little more sparkle than the Big Single.
- What’s the difference between this pickup and the Firebird? The Firebird has darker and slightly muddier wound strings. The Mini Humbucker will be cleaner and definitely clearer-sounding.
- What Pot do I use? 500K will give you the brightest tone.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!