$160.00 – $320.00
The Fralin Mini Humbucker is cleaner and clearer than full sized humbuckers. Our Mini Humbucker sounds more “Fendery” than other Mini’s, which are darker and muddier. We have two magnet choices – Alnico 5 is bright and clear, and Alnico 6 is loud and thick.
PURE 50’S TONE, MODERNIZED.
Lindy’s passion for the tone of vintage 50’s humbuckers led us down the road to design our Mini Humbucker. The Lindy Fralin Mini Humbucker is one amazing-sounding pickup. Lindy modified the design of the original Mini Humbuckers, experimenting with winds and magnets. The result gives you a clean vintage tone that’s more articulate than most modern humbuckers. Our Mini Humbucker is a lower output, which is more expressive than higher-output designs.
MINI HUMBUCKER FEATURES:
- Modified Gibson Design – Re-designed by Lindy Fralin
- Modified Gibson® specifications with attention to increased output and clarity
- Brighter and more ‘Fender-y’ tone. Smooth, late grind and a crisp attack
- USA-made Alnico Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Overwound Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
MINI HUMBUCKER SOUND:
Clean, clear, and articulate. Our Mini Humbucker will stay clean as it won’t break up as early as modern humbuckers. You’ll find that it’s loud, while still remaining clear. Built with AlNicCo V or VI magnets, and 42 & 43 Gauge SPN wire, the Mini Humbuckers are a gateway to vintage tone. When playing clean, you’ll find that this pickup sings what you put into it: it’s dynamic, clear, and warm. Expect a smooth grind with distortion, with a pronounced pick attack. If you want a darker sound, choose to go with the +4% or +8% output options. More coil will thicken the midrange up more, and less will make is sound more like single coils and cleaner.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our Mini Humbuckers consist of USA-Made bobbins, baseplates, magnets, and wire. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone.
We assemble each pickup one at a time, by hand. This allows us to achieve unbeatable attention to detail. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup, and prevent microphonics.
- Which Output do I choose? We can wind the Neck from either Stock or +4% output, and the bridge from Stock, +4%, and +8% output. The most popular set is a Stock Neck and +8% Bridge. Adding more winds to the pickup increases the output, midrange, and decreases the highs. Underwinding the pickup will clean it up and make it sound more articulate.
- What Magnet Do I Choose? Want it clean and clear? Alnico 5. Want it fat and dark? Alnico 6.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- What’s the String Spacing? 50mm, but you can get up to 52mm, on the edges of the screws.
- What’s the tonal difference between this pickup and the Mini Big Single? The Mini Big Single is fatter and beefier. The Mini Humbucker will be cleaner and clearer. It has a little more sparkle than the Big Single.
- What’s the difference between this pickup and the Firebird? The Firebird has darker and slightly muddier wound strings. The Mini Humbucker will be cleaner and definitely clearer-sounding.
- What Pot do I use? 500K will give you the brightest tone.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
Wound with 42 & 43 Gauge Single Poly Nylon Wire and Alnico V and VI Bar Magnets. All USA-Made Baseplates and covers.
The Stock Neck will read about 6.5K, and the +8% Bridge will read about 10K.