THE PERFECT BALANCE OF P-90 AGGRESSION WITH SINGLE COIL BITE.
The Steel Pole 42 set of Single Coil Pickups is one of our most popular sets of pickups. The perfect blend between a P-90 and a single-coil. Musicians looking for a thick, warm, and beefier sound will love the sound of Steel Pole 42 pickups. Steel Pole 42’s are wound with 42-gauge coil, and feature a ceramic bar magnet that blends the P-90 and single-coil sound perfectly. These pickups are beefier than the Blues Specials, while still remaining bright and snappy.
When playing clean, Steel Pole 42’s sound large and rich, especially in the lows and highs. Not as dark as a P-90, these pickups retain a beautiful openness and clarity while still remaining very dynamic. Steel Pole 42’s sound thicker in the midrange with more of a “chainsaw” grind, as opposed to a smoother AlNiCo distortion. For musicians looking for more of a traditional P-90 sound, we recommend using our Steel Pole 43 Pickups.
- P-90/Single Coil Hybrid sound, in a Single Coil Position
- Huge mid-range tone with a Ceramic bite. This equals more growl and aggression
- In a set, the Bridge Pickup is calibrated to sound just as hot as the neck pickup
- Features a Ceramic Bar Magnet
- The pickups come with your choice of White, Black, Yellow (Aged White), or Green covers.
Hand wound with 42 gauge Heavy Formvar wire, a Ceramic Bar Magnet and cloth leads. We recommend using 250K Pots with these pickups.
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want!