Split ’51 P-Bass
Our Lindy Fralin Split ’51 P-Bass is a great single-coil tone replacement for 50’s and reissues. Loud and clear, with no hum. Using USA-Made parts and made by hand, our pickups sound leaps and bounds better than the stock pickups. This is the Hum-Cancelling version of our ’51 P-Bass.
All '50s P- Bass, Zero Hum.
Want to learn more about our Split '51 P-Bass? Here's all the information you'll need:
Split '51 P-Bass FEATURES:
Our combination of authentic 50’s P-Bass tone and a Left-Right Coil Design give you killer tone, with no hum! With no modification necessary, the Fralin Split ’51 will drop right into your era-authentic bass or re-issue with ease. This pickup will fatten up your bass up a bit, too. The Fralin Split ’51 is our hum-canceling version of our Fralin ’51 P-Bass Pickup.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design – Completely Hum-Cancelling
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output
- Superb articulation for a clean and clear tone
- Designed to be even across all frequencies
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic sound
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
Warm, rich, full, with no hum. The top end is warm and round; the low end is full, deep, and dynamic. Our Fralin Split ’51 is the perfect pickup for those who want era-authentic 50’s P-Bass tone with no hum. The extended low end is deep, rich, and full. Alnico 5 Magnets give this pickup optimal tonal balance and output. By adding a second coil, we were able to achieve a completely silent operation, with a hint of fatness added to it.
It starts here: our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our Split ’51 P-Bass Pickups consist of USA-Made magnets and wire. Our bobbins are hand-built using local fiberboard and incredible attention to detail. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. We assemble each pickup one at a time, by hand. This allows us to achieve unbeatable attention to detail. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
One of our builders, Public Peace, created this wonderful video. Check it out:
- What’s the difference between this model and the Stock ’51 P-Bass? No hum! Tonally, they are very similar, with this model being slightly fatter and darker. It’s subtle.
- Will this pickup fit my Bass? Good question – when we designed this pickup, we based it off of the American version. Some overseas versions might have a slightly smaller rout and might require modifying the fiberboard of the pickup. Check below under “Sizing Information” for our size.
- What output do I choose? Good question. For the most balanced tone between highs and lows, go to the Stock Output, which is a replica of the earliest P-Basses. If you’re looking for a thicker and darker tone, opt for the +5% Output. If you’re looking for a cleaner and more articulate sound, opt for the -5% output.
- Which Stagger To Choose? If you have a Vintage Neck Radius, choose Stock. If you have a flatter Neck Radius (9.5″ +), Choose Hybrid.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
We use Vintage Specifications. Alnico 5 Magnets. 42-Gauge SPN Wire. Hand-made Bobbins.
The Split ’51 P-Bass reads 7K.
Split '51 P-Bass Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Split '51 P-Bass? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.