SWEET 50’S P-BASS TONE, NO HUM.
Our combination of authentic 50’s P-Bass tone and a Left-Right Coil Design give you killer tone, with no hum! With no modification necessary, the Fralin Split ’51 will drop right in to your era-authentic bass or re-issue with ease. This pickup will fatten up your bass up a bit, too. The Fralin Split ’51 is our hum-cancelling version of our Fralin ’51 P-Bass Pickup.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design – Completely Hum-Cancelling
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output
- Superb articulation for clean and clear tone
- Designed to be even across all frequencies
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
- What’s the difference between this model and the Stock ’51 P-Bass? No hum! Tonally, they are very similar, with this model being slightly fatter and darker. It’s subtle.
- What output do I choose? Good question. For the most balanced tone between highs and lows, go to the Stock Output, which is a replica of the earliest P-Basses. If you’re looking for a thicker and darker tone, opt for the +5% Output. If you’re looking for a cleaner and more articulate sound, opt for the -5% output.
- Why is the A string the tallest? That’s the way Fender did them back in the day. You can certainly request a custom stagger, if you’d like. Just use the “Notes Field” on the checkout screen.
- Will this pickup fit my bass? We don’t know! Definitely check below under “Sizing Information” for our size. You’ll want to double check for sure.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!