LIKE LISTENING TO YOUR P-BASS® WITH GLASSES ON.
We know what you love about your P-Bass ®. That’s why we don’t take any of that away: we only give you more. We use USA-Made AlNiCo V magnets and 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar wire to give an era-authentic 50’s tone, with more “beef”. Fralin P-Bass Replacements offer a significant upgrade. At Fralin Pickups, we believe the best sound comes from the the highest quality materials available, not fancy gimmicks.
Fralin P-Bass ® Replacements are similar to our J-Bass® Replacements: they have a huge fat tone. Fralin P-Bass ® Replacements are fat, punchy, and round. The lows are deep and rich, and the highs are sweet and clear. The first thing you’ll notice when you install these pickups is how you can hear more of your P-Bass ®. You’ll hear an extended low-end and a rounder top-end. These pickups are very vintage sounding, but with modern power.
- For an era-authentic 50’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”, or, choose “N/A” under output preference
- For a thicker midrange and less highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- For an even thicker tone than the +5%, you can opt for +10%. This is perfect for anyone looking for an aggressively strong midrange and dark tone. Perfect for balancing out a bright sounding bass.
- If you’re looking for a little cleaner tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.
- Wound to Vintage 50’s Specifications, With Modern Power
- 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar wire
- AlNiCo V Magnets for a deep, smooth tone
- Wound by hand, one at a time
These P-Bass ® Replacements drop right in to your P-Bass ®, with no modifications necessary. They will also fit almost all standard covers. We now offer a P-J Set!