If you’re already under the hood of your instrument, grab a few tone caps to play with. These are great, inexpensive ways to shape your tone to your liking!
Tone Caps INFO:
Want to learn more about our Tone Caps? Here's all the information you'll need:
Tone Caps FEATURES:
Shape your pickup’s tone the easy way with our high-quality tone caps! From our Paper and Oil caps to our simple Ceramic Disc caps, you can achieve a wide array of tonal versatility, on a budget.
Check out our article here on how Tone Capacitors work, and which value to choose.
Check out our modification here, where you can select two-tone caps with a push-pull pot.
- Fralin Magic Cap: Lindy’s favorite cap to boost the midrange of a shrill single-coil pickup. This value is extremely subtle and tends to work on bright pickups only.
- .0022: Great for bridge pickups and bright sounding guitars, this cap will boost your midrange and tame a few of your high frequencies. It’s a little stronger tone than our Magic Cap.
- .02mfd: This popular cap is very usable throughout the entire pickup line, and works well on Humbuckers and Single Coil pickups. Gibson and Fender use this cap as a standard for more modern guitars.
- .05 / .047mfd: This popular cap works well with Humbuckers and Single Coils and goes pretty deep into the upper midrange. Use this cap if you want a warmer jazz tone from your pickups. You’ll see this cap used on vintage Fender Telecasters and Strats frequently.
- 1mfd: This cap will provide the deepest roll-off available. You will find this value in vintage instruments. The roll-off of high frequencies will start quicker and go deeper into the midrange than the other capacitors offered.
Coming SoonWe don't have Tech Specs at the moment, but we will have them up soon!
Tone Caps FAQ's
Coming Soon!At this time, there are no FAQ's...yet.
STAY IN TOUCH